Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There are 28 Altars of Lilith in the Beta area? I think I found like 7...

I found like fucking 3? 4? naturally. Then at 25, I didnt want to farm a dungeon and sap all the fun out of the game - so I journeyed around collecting Lilith Statues for fun. Most of them you can walk right up to and get. But every stronghold, at least here, seems to have one hidden away inside of it waiting for you to beat the stronghold first.

I like how they do the strongholds, too. Two of them became towns and the one up top that was infested by Vampires had particle effects that would shoot down like beams of light around you as you killed off vampires there. Was actually pretty cool. The end boss there actually took some spazstic ADHD type of click to move/to beat and Im not looking forward to that fight on higher difficulties. Its a tight space where you have to concentrate on the boss while he spawns elites repeatedly. One elite has big huge poisons that fill up huge spots of that small space, then another elite that has that bubble aura that protects him and anything inside it from attacks outside of it. Then another elite spawns these fucking statue things that when you get near them chain you up and you have to kill the statue to run freely again. Its just... awful, yet we had a ton of fun and were ecstatic when we finally beat it together. I would say its the hardest fight in all of the Beta. (My fire build would have smoked that event so Im glad I wasnt all kitted out for it. Would have sapped out all the fun we had dying to it over and over.)

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
D4 was one of those late night fuck it purchases that I may actually make use of. Got a rogue up to level 16 fucking around by multi-shooting everything down with the bow. The play style feels more rangerish than rogue but fuck it.

The combat and general playability isn’t anything new, but the art and story is what really sticks out for me. Wasn’t really expecting much from the storyline so I was kind of surprised by how dark shit got after the initial saving of the village (tavern cutscene).

Didn’t play D3, but based on what I’ve seen of the beta D4 looks like it has the potential to be fun. 👍

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

skylan

Trakanon Raider
D4 was one of those late night fuck it purchases that I may actually make use of. Got a rogue up to level 16 fucking around by multi-shooting everything down with the bow. The play style feels more rangerish than rogue but fuck it.

The combat and general playability isn’t anything new, but the art and story is what really sticks out for me. Wasn’t really expecting much from the storyline so I was kind of surprised by how dark shit got after the initial saving of the village (tavern cutscene).

Didn’t play D3, but based on what I’ve seen of the beta D4 looks like it has the potential to be fun. 👍
That's encouraging, I would probably only play the game up through the story anyways. I've never been able to get too into all the grindy stat maxing aspects of end game aarpg.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I kinda get the impression that the Barbarian really requires extensive use of the 'golf club' arsenal mechanic. It's totally impractical that someone is running around juggling weapons like this,but seeing as this is a fantasy I'm okay with it.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Not super thrilled about the skill tree. It is super limited in choices and extremely linear....

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Not super thrilled about the skill tree. It is super limited in choices and extremely linear....
I mean yes and no. There are definitely numerous viable builds on each class so you're not really limited in choices at all in that aspect. You are however slightly limited depending on the build. Like you wanna go berserking barb? Well, just look up the keyword and select most of the abilities that have it and then once you have all of the core things set then pick like 1 or 2 skills you prefer and the rest passives. I've seen a few different streamers playing multiple barb builds and they all had different things and were all doing solid stuff.

Daidraco

We dont have access to the Paragon tree - which is probably what you're hoping for.
d-_driYUBuBEGYHKT3q1xF4ZylNEbge-CoZhdkId6bk.jpg

• 1Like

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Thats because Legendaries aren't very special. Uniques are the really rare and possible build defining items. If I understand it correctly.
I aspect system is nice though, some of the effects you can load onto a rare and build it up to legendary are really powerful.

As a hardcore player, the barrier that starts up when you encounter an elite and every 30s is great, as is the immunity bubble that pops with crowd control effects.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
I mean yes and no. There are definitely numerous viable builds on each class so you're not really limited in choices at all in that aspect. You are however slightly limited depending on the build. Like you wanna go berserking barb? Well, just look up the keyword and select most of the abilities that have it and then once you have all of the core things set then pick like 1 or 2 skills you prefer and the rest passives. I've seen a few different streamers playing multiple barb builds and they all had different things and were all doing solid stuff.

Numerous viable builds doesn't mean the skill tree has choice. As it stands they could create a button for 90% of your supposed choices and have it be pre-determined. It's like oh Fire Bolt makes things burn and then you get other skills that augment burning. Like are you really going to take Frozen Orb when you augment your burning abilities?

I mean the left to right crap in the skill tree is a total delusion as well. It literally could be straight down. They should have it like the sphere grid in FFX, or POE.... The passive skills are a non choice and very weak.

The enhancements and unlocks are kind of cool, and I can see legendries/uniques changing gameplay a bit. I just think there should be about 10X the choice in the current skill trees vs what we have now. Blizzard just needs to go crazy and make all kinds of skills to the point that they can't even predict what players will figure out then tune from there. Make some cool interactions like Firewall and Frozen orb. If you shoot a Frozen Orb through fire wall it becomes a Frozen Fireball and shoots burning shards that work with your burning passives/skills. Like go crazy! Add skills out in the middle of nowhere that give 20% crit, but force you to give up some abilities.

I mean I got my Sorc to 25 and don't even see the point of the ultimate ability. Why am I limited to 6 buttons? What good is an amulet with +1 to all defensive skills when I can't bind everything (would love to have rank 1 teleport with my other core skills I use all the time...)

This is after all a fictional universe where you get fictional items. If one person kills 3x faster than someone else until they figure out the build does it really fucking matter? It's amazing with all the changes at Blizzard they still have remained true to their fear of letting players experiment or do things outside of the box.

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
The choice between selling stuff for gold and salvaging it is very real, at least at these levels.

At this point my only chokepoints for upgrades is gold, not mats, and selling items for gold is the best way to get gold fast.
Run events, get obuls or whatever they're called. Gamble for legendaries.

Daidraco

Run events, get obuls or whatever they're called. Gamble for legendaries.
You can do that dungeon in the center with the vendor right outside of it. You can clear it in about 5 minutes picking up everything, going till full, port out, reset dungeon, sell it all, repeat. If you grinded it per hour, its something stupid like 400k+ an hour at 25. Absurd to do that shit at any point, much less in beta when its all going to be wiped. But if there is a will, there is a way.

Numerous viable builds doesn't mean the skill tree has choice. As it stands they could create a button for 90% of your supposed choices and have it be pre-determined. It's like oh Fire Bolt makes things burn and then you get other skills that augment burning. Like are you really going to take Frozen Orb when you augment your burning abilities?

I mean the left to right crap in the skill tree is a total delusion as well. It literally could be straight down. They should have it like the sphere grid in FFX, or POE.... The passive skills are a non choice and very weak.

The enhancements and unlocks are kind of cool, and I can see legendries/uniques changing gameplay a bit. I just think there should be about 10X the choice in the current skill trees vs what we have now. Blizzard just needs to go crazy and make all kinds of skills to the point that they can't even predict what players will figure out then tune from there. Make some cool interactions like Firewall and Frozen orb. If you shoot a Frozen Orb through fire wall it becomes a Frozen Fireball and shoots burning shards that work with your burning passives/skills. Like go crazy! Add skills out in the middle of nowhere that give 20% crit, but force you to give up some abilities.

I mean I got my Sorc to 25 and don't even see the point of the ultimate ability. Why am I limited to 6 buttons? What good is an amulet with +1 to all defensive skills when I can't bind everything (would love to have rank 1 teleport with my other core skills I use all the time...)

This is after all a fictional universe where you get fictional items. If one person kills 3x faster than someone else until they figure out the build does it really fucking matter? It's amazing with all the changes at Blizzard they still have remained true to their fear of letting players experiment or do things outside of the box.
Diablo is originally a Condor Games creation before Blizzard bought them. Although you're not alone in wanting to see a bit more indie inspiration out of Blizzard and its refinement processes.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Bro no offense but you're fucking delusional lol. 10x the choices? Ridiculous skill interactions? Sounds cool on paper but I'm pretty sure Pantheon would release before your version of D4. As it stands right now there are several viable builds for each class and even among those builds there are usually like 2 skills that are preference. Not sure what more you could want without going into autistic levels of overcomplexity like PoE.

• 5Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Not to mention the paragon board system augmenting your build with passives and whatever else is there. Comparing every single ARPG system to POE's is becoming a fucking chore and sure is annoying to deal with in conversation.

Besides, nobody gives a fuck if you can shoot your firey ball through an icewall to do some speical effect - pretty sure that is saved for games like BG3 and Divinity.

• 4Like

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Bro no offense but you're fucking delusional lol. 10x the choices? Ridiculous skill interactions? Sounds cool on paper but I'm pretty sure Pantheon would release before your version of D4. As it stands right now there are several viable builds for each class and even among those builds there are usually like 2 skills that are preference. Not sure what more you could want without going into autistic levels of overcomplexity like PoE.
Right because there isn't a fucking huge gap between POE and D4. This is like saying Heroes of the Storm would be WAY TO COMPLEX if they added items so it's better the way it is! We see how well that worked out. Game lacks any sort of complexity. D2 in the fucking 90's had more skill choices than this linear system.

Edit
This is the same dumb fuck logic that got talents removed in WoW as well. Apparently less choices = more better now because we don't want to have to think.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Not to mention the paragon board system augmenting your build with passives and whatever else is there. Comparing every single ARPG system to POE's is becoming a fucking chore and sure is annoying to deal with in conversation.

Besides, nobody gives a fuck if you can shoot your firey ball through an icewall to do some speical effect - pretty sure that is saved for games like BG3 and Divinity.
Let's hope the paragon board is as fun as you think otherwise you all will drop this game after hitting max level in a couple of weeks post launch.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Let's hope the paragon board is as fun as you think otherwise you all will drop this game after hitting max level in a couple of weeks post launch.
I'll be quoting and tagging you don't worry big boi - your opinion matters

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
I'll be quoting and tagging you don't worry big boi - your opinion matters
I'm well aware our opinions wont matter to the people that matter which is Blizzard, but I am enthused at how quickly you all will water down your expectations for a short dopamine hit. Let me know how fun it is on Season 3 or 4 when you're doing the same build, running the same dungeons, looking for the same gear again and again. You do realize based on what we've seen this game has less skill choice than Diablo 3 right?

EDIT
As an aside to that why the fuck are some of you like religious zealots. Totally valid points regarding button limitations, ultimate abilities sucking, lack of synergies and/or choices and ya'll are like FUCK THAT SHIT BRO NEED NEW GAME NOW. Like holy shit.... are you all really that destitute for a new game? Ever think maybe if they build the game to last past a month of entertainment it might be worth the wait, so you're not sitting in this position again sometime in August/September????

Last edited:
  • 2Truth!
  • 2Like