Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
See, you were just proving my point. There are always people who believe there is only one way about anything - their way.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You have not pointed to shit bro. I guess standards now are out the window. Let me ask you this then, what would YOU consider for a game like this to be done and ready for release.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You have not pointed to shit bro. I guess standards now are out the window. Let me ask you this then, what would YOU consider for a game like this to be done and ready for release.

He better say a solid end game until a new season comes or forget about it.

Tearofsoul Tearofsoul - Leveling/End Game/Finished Content to keep someone engaged until the new season drops.

This isn't fucking rocket science. And anything else is just apologetic bullshit. It isn't subjective when the name of the game is end game.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I was just looking for feedback on the gameplay. I didn't realize arpg had to adhere to strict guidelines when it comes to items and specs (admitedly the last arpg I played was D3, so I've missed the whole PoE / Grim Dawn / Last Epoch phases). This type of arguing is probably why game companies are afraid to try anything new and we keep getting cookie cutter rehashes of the same shit over and over. Id rather have a fun game with 1 viable spec than a mediocre one that caters to the infinite possibilities crowd. That's just me though, I don't really play games for hundreds of hours anymore, I'm fairly sure I have video game ADD.

Just play this weekend and see if you find it fun enough or sparks enough interest to buy it. Ignore all the idiots/haters who can't stand its not PoE , because blizzard has some complete idiots working for them(newsflash, they always did) or some other thing, and just worry if its enough for you.

• 3Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He better say a solid end game until a new season comes or forget about it.

Tearofsoul Tearofsoul - Leveling/End Game/Finished Content to keep someone engaged until the new season drops.

This isn't fucking rocket science. And anything else is just apologetic bullshit. It isn't subjective when the name of the game is end game.

I as anyone hates unfinished stuff pushed out early, but unfortunately that is how a lot of games are done now, especially anything online(blame corporations). And I have bought a few "Early Access" games, because I found them fun and got a ton of hours of them even though it was very minimal content. Again its a matter of cost vs hours, even in an unfished state. Because you can always just ignore the game until a year or 2 later, and pick it up after its gone through its trial by fire and has more content.

Though i will say, you will never create enough content to last. The most you can do is make chasing items or character power strung out enough to try to last between content patches. D3 decided paragon power as an endless minor character power increase that never ends. Most arpgs use item chasing as its drive to keep players around as long as possible. Both always get boring after a bit, at least imo. Arpgs to me have never been something you play for months and months every day, like an MMO. It's always been a pick up, play hard for 2-4 weeks and then off to something else. I can't fathom playing it constantly between seasons or updates like some do, but more power to them, long as they are having fun they are getting even more out of their money.

• 3Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Arpgs to me have never been something you play for months and months every day, like an MMO. It's always been a pick up, play hard for 2-4 weeks and then off to something else. I can't fathom playing it constantly between seasons or updates like some do, but more power to them, long as they are having fun they are getting even more out of their money.

Yeah I am the same way. As a fix (Going back to old days) I think content should be gated for itemization requirements to see more of the game and special access areas - timed to the point where it isn't too much of a slog, but also takes enough time to be able to develop and introduce new content. No one will ever satisfy the shit sockers. Chasing numbers gets stupid. But using numbers to open areas you can't get to normally as a reward is a lot more fun. But that's also why I hate it when anyone uses the term accessible.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is the game complete or not should really just fall down to the type of game it is. A single player game should have everything a player could ask for from the start with no other obligations from the company. For the sake of simplicity, a "complete" game. A game as a service, which is what Diablo is - should have everything a single player game has, plus an obligation from the company to have and keep the end game loop serviceable so that players will continue to spend money in the cash shop (or monthly fee, or both). If any part of that sentence isnt there, then its incomplete. Thats as simple as it can get.

Something more to it - You cannot hold a company like Blizzard to the same standards of accountability, or lack thereof as you would a company like Iron Gate Studios (Valheim).

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Is the game complete or not should really just fall down to the type of game it is. A single player game should have everything a player could ask for from the start with no other obligations from the company. For the sake of simplicity, a "complete" game. A game as a service, which is what Diablo is - should have everything a single player game has, plus an obligation from the company to have and keep the end game loop serviceable so that players will continue to spend money in the cash shop (or monthly fee, or both). If any part of that sentence isnt there, then its incomplete. Thats as simple as it can get.

Something more to it - You cannot hold a company like Blizzard to the same standards of accountability, or lack thereof as you would a company like Iron Gate Studios (Valheim).

Blizzard is charging a box price for D4 which, to me, means it should have a complete single player game experience that ends with killing Lilith (or Diablo, because of course). Consumer pays box price for game from start to finish. They should not expect unlimited endgame replayability because that is not what a box price at release pays for.

HOWEVER, the minute a battle-pass purchase is made then Blizzard has charged beyond box price and is not promising beyond single player end of game content. If there is a day 1 battle pass and the endgame is incomplete then they are not holding up their end of the bargain.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blizzard is charging a box price for D4 which, to me, means it should have a complete single player game experience that ends with killing Lilith (or Diablo, because of course). Consumer pays box price for game from start to finish. They should not expect unlimited endgame replayability because that is not what a box price at release pays for.

HOWEVER, the minute a battle-pass purchase is made then Blizzard has charged beyond box price and is not promising beyond single player end of game content. If there is a day 1 battle pass and the endgame is incomplete then they are not holding up their end of the bargain.

I would assume the battle pass(which I never pay for anyway) is the content or at least has to have the content there to finish it. Thus if you did pay for it and completed it, you got what you paid for. Now if for some crazy reason you can pay for the battle pass but can not complete it due to something just not being in game, then yeah scream and rage(and rightfully so). If they are smart, something in it is tied to something else that is time gated(kill a boss x5 but it spawns once a week), thus dragging it out to make it last and keep people around as much as possible.

A battle pass doesn't imply extra or more gameplay content. It's merely taking what could of been rewards in game for completing certain objectives and turning it into a side hustle for people to pay for. Or if you want to be optomistic, adding more rewards to those objectives that you pay for(on top of the free ones).

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I dont think the battle pass is day 1? I thought it was going to launch with whatever the first "season" is going to be.

And as long as I can play for like 40 hours for the price of the box, I've gotten my money's worth, and if I want to buy a battle pass full of cosmetics, that's between me and my god.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I dont think the battle pass is day 1? I thought it was going to launch with whatever the first "season" is going to be.

And as long as I can play for like 40 hours for the price of the box, I've gotten my money's worth, and if I want to buy a battle pass full of cosmetics, that's between me and my god.

Game will launch normally, then 3-4 weeks in, Season 1 will begin, which will start the season pass (free no need to purchase unless you want the premium pass that allows you to earn cosmetic rewards). As far as playing 40 hours, I played close to 40 hours in the Beta, and still didn't complete all of the Act 1 content. (dungeons, Altars, Sidequests). Just by playing Beta I have gotten full value for my $70.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Going to be curious if the Necro is more D2 style where you have actual pets with life that die and require corpses to summon for the most part, or D3 style where pets are basically just other spells with the exception of a few that have actual life bars and cooldowns.

• 2Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
hoping for a more d2 necro personally, but with the way skills work i think it's gonna be more d3 like? i dunno

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
What I don't get is how tf is there not a holy type class before a necro lol. You'd think since you're fighting the forces of darkness that a paladin or something would be a priority class. It also never even made sense to me that you could even play a necro in the first place since they're inherently evil. You should be killing them not playing as them. *shrug* I also hate the idea of pet classes. It legit feels like cheating and you're just having AI bots play the game for you.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
The horrible looking bodies left on the ground (like D3) neutered any desire I had to play Necro.
I am hoping that was a temporary graphic/idea that they have since scrapped.

Lumi, if you need some fluff as for why to play necro - doing it to claim the powers of the primal powers, and not in it for the good of your heart.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What I don't get is how tf is there not a holy type class before a necro lol. You'd think since you're fighting the forces of darkness that a paladin or something would be a priority class. It also never even made sense to me that you could even play a necro in the first place since they're inherently evil. You should be killing them not playing as them. *shrug* I also hate the idea of pet classes. It legit feels like cheating and you're just having AI bots play the game for you.
Honestly, I was really hoping they would throw in a class that was more of a plate wearer than the Barbarian. Barb is fine and all - but none of the classes really hit the theme I have in my soul. Paladin isnt really it either, but it at least gives me a similar "look" that I typically like to go for.