Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Its all an instant turn off. You ever play that Magic - Legends crap that got shut down a month after release? They tried to do this mmo-lite shit and couldn't figure it out. Yea D4 has all the production value behind it, but take that away, its the same backbone gameplay system as Magic - Legends. Seeing as they were in development at same time its not much a surprise. The problem there is it didn't have Blizzard $$$ and popularity behind it

You know the game that got the ARPG with mmo-like network right? Marvel Heroes. They somehow managed to pull off making a greatr arpg, and mixing in a little open world shit. But they knew where to draw the line without trying to adopt too many mmo-lite systems like points of interest achievements, tedious fetch quests, forced dumb story.... You played it because it was fun, they had a TON of distinct characters with incentive to play them all, and a fun and unique loot system which encouraged playing the game. You played because it was fun not because you felt you were being forced to do tedious crap.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I think Blizzard design D4 to be between an ARPG and MMO. They are going to use endgame system like seasons from traditional ARPG, but also mix with MMO elements like public event/quest, perhaps even larger scale pvp. I like it so far, let's see what more they bring to the table.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Its all an instant turn off. You ever play that Magic - Legends crap that got shut down a month after release? They tried to do this mmo-lite shit and couldn't figure it out. Yea D4 has all the production value behind it, but take that away, its the same backbone gameplay system as Magic - Legends. Seeing as they were in development at same time its not much a surprise. The problem there is it didn't have Blizzard $$$ and popularity behind it

You know the game that got the ARPG with mmo-like network right? Marvel Heroes. They somehow managed to pull off making a greatr arpg, and mixing in a little open world shit. But they knew where to draw the line without trying to adopt too many mmo-lite systems like points of interest achievements, tedious fetch quests, forced dumb story.... You played it because it was fun, they had a TON of distinct characters with incentive to play them all, and a fun and unique loot system which encouraged playing the game. You played because it was fun not because you felt you were being forced to do tedious crap.
What specifically are you talking about that is like Magic - Legends? I played that game and it was all around an absolute trash heap.

I think you have a bit of rosy retrospection going on with Marvel Heroes. That game had full blown MMO tedium dripping everywhere.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Each minion type (warrior, mage, golem) has three subtypes and those subtypes each have three options (one of which being sacrifice). I'm not sure what more they're supposed to do but still keep it in line with other class mechanics. Shrug.

I guess I wanted some more out of the skill tree for minions. I have to go back and look but seeing more abilities for minions would be cool.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess I wanted some more out of the skill tree for minions. I have to go back and look but seeing more abilities for minions would be cool.
Same problem I said with Barbarian and Druid, the reverse is true also. With Necro you can look at shit and it just dies. Play something weaker like the Rogue, or hell.. the Barbarian. Adding some challenge to world tier 2 and see if that peaks your interest. Otherwise, not every game is for everyone. As obviously stated by the people above (and even the ones that go dark on battle net just to play it and still be able to talk trash.)

Last edited:

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
That's the biggest problem I have with Necro. After playing all other classes its damage is just in a completely different universe to the point of I feel stupid playing something else. It's either going to be nerfed into the ground or nearly everyone will be rolling necro early on.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is a flagship IP of a multi-billion dollar corp; they aren't going to take too many chances or risks here.

I mean... that's exactly what they did with D3. They flipped the script, turned it into an MMO hybrid and added an RMAH....

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Fucking Marvel Heroes man...

Now that was a fucking ARPG masterpiece.

1679853822202.png

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I mean... that's exactly what they did with D3. They flipped the script, turned it into an MMO hybrid and added an RMAH....
D3 was WoW game devs trying to figure out how D2 worked and that's the best they could do, it was incompetent not risky.

The RMAH is just the WoW AH plus greed.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So you would say that incompetent developers changing the game completely from D2 to the point its not even recognizable as a diablo franchise game and adding an RMAH carries no risk? Handing over that franchise to incompetent people who don't care about the IP at all isn't risky?

Interesting

Kiki

Log Wizard
People didn't play D2 for the quests. Dailies and shit aren't needed, I don't need a quest to kill Baal 50 times or to go to Ancient Tunnels.

• 2Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
To be clear, I'm here because I find it fascinating watching people unable to make rational arguments.

For instance, your anecdote about nebulous "people" you know (a lot, even, allegedly) who like a generalized thing... that relies on a misrepresentation of my beliefs or argument... That relies on a personal appeal that the problem is I'm having a hard time coming to terms with something.

I don't hate voice acting. I hate poor, wasteful decisions by companies that want my money for current and future projects. As I very clearly addressed in the post you quoted and thought you were responding too.

They've put a lot of effort, money and time into a bunch of one-off side quests that I don't believe even need to be in the game. And your argument is you know a ton of young people and people not that young too who generally like voice acting? That's really retarded, sir.

Unless you're trying to make an argument this Diablo is being uniquely designed and marketed to these young people you don't attempt to define? Please do, that would be a funny argument.

You said they "wasted money on voice acting" because you personally don't like voice acting. You're a literal double digit iq dipshit if you think your opinion is the only one that matters.

Which one is it: are all the big evil corporations out to make as much money as possible off their video games (which all have voice acting these days) or are they just too stupid to realize that they'd make even more money if they just didn't put voice acting in their games because they'd sell more copies since nobody likes it AND they'd save money on production costs. I'm sure they totally don't have hordes of people figuring out what their most profitable pathways are.

• 3Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ive ran into a few people that didnt know about these and I was one of them up until about an hour ago. I was calling them emote statues up until this point. One gave me a Legendary for reference. The one he talks about in the video gives a Ghost companion. Another one Ive done gave a bunch of gold, etc.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like

Jovec

?
I think a pure D2 style game/grind would not work with Blizzard's WoW-era fan base, which is why we got the D3 we did. D4 has to attract those who want D2-style runeword grinding/boss runs with those who expect WoW-like ease of progression and gearing. D3 eventually got there (or close enough), and presumably D4 will too. But I won't make the mistake of touching this at launch like I did with D3.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
People didn't play D2 for the quests. Dailies and shit aren't needed, I don't need a quest to kill Baal 50 times or to go to Ancient Tunnels.
But you're going to get it. Kill Diablo today for 50 divine tyriel tokens.

• 1Rustled

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
You said they "wasted money on voice acting" because you personally don't like voice acting.

No I didn't you worthless meth husk.

It's a text based forum. You can literally read and re-read what you quoted so you don't look like a moron.

Some things you might try reading:

I prefer the old method of being able to skip inane quest text to this over voice acted shit we get now.

They'd have been better off saving the money and scrapping 80% of the pointless shit they felt needed voice acted, including most of the dumb side quests.

I want to be able to skip the INANE quest text that is now voice acted, but still inane, and sometimes not even skippable.

I feel they'd be better off saving resources by scrapping so much of the pointless shit in general, but specifically the dumb shit they doubled down on with voice acting, like the dumb fucking side quests and a bunch of random NPCs you click on in town that are almost always pointless and uninteresting.

You calling others low "iq" is an interesting angle to take.

• 1Picard
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Imbecile
Reactions: 2 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Any genre involve overtime, individual involve overtime as well.

You can still play old games this day if that's what you like, but don't expect the majority of other are the same.

You can ride horses everyday to wherever, but don't complain there are cars on the road...

• 1Like

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Same shit happened to me. First character screen was all white and I made a white female rogue. Next log in I want to try a necromancer and the character selection is all black. I figure it's a suggestion to help balance out the diversity and I'm not a racist liberal so I'm like, sure, I'm down with making a negromancer... But no fro under hairstyles!? This game is bullshit!
Negromancer is disallowed as a name :( Joggomancer is allowed, though.

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No I didn't you worthless meth husk.

It's a text based forum. You can literally read and re-read what you quoted so you don't look like a moron.

Some things you might try reading:

I want to be able to skip the INANE quest text that is now voice acted, but still inane, and sometimes not even skippable.

I feel they'd be better off saving resources by scrapping so much of the pointless shit in general, but specifically the dumb shit they doubled down on with voice acting, like the dumb fucking side quests and a bunch of random NPCs you click on in town that are almost always pointless and uninteresting.

You calling others low "iq" is an interesting angle to take.

Did I miss something? I was able to skip them all, either holding esc(cutscenes) or clicking the mouse button for dialogue. I listened the first time, then skipped it all after that.