Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Obviously not D1 cause you never leave the area, so D2.
This will always be my hope for any RPG, screen full of shit to kill. Turn down exp gains to compensate, loot drops too for all that matters, I just want a full on battle of hell on earth. The fact that's density at *300 is depressing for the base

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This will always be my hope for any RPG, screen full of shit to kill. Turn down exp gains to compensate, loot drops too for all that matters, I just want a full on battle of hell on earth. The fact that's density at *300 is depressing for the base
The whole idea in my mind is that these games could do so much more with dungeons. Theyre adding affixes and shit in WoW and, they might do that with a certain dungeons in D4 - but I want more dynamic events in dungeons. Butcher is a cool little mini event. Its always interesting to have a boss pop up on you that is actually difficult and can kill you if you're caught at the wrong moment.

But I want more shit like.. You go into a dungeon and think everything is fine (normal) and kill NPC's as you explore. You run into an elite and as soon as it feels like its in danger of dying - it sprints off in a random direction, faster than treasure goblins, but enough that you can keep up. You try to run after it, but as you're running after it - if you have the sound turned up - you can hear horns starting to blare. Theyre actively alerting the whole dungeon that you're there while that one elite drags you deeper into the dungeon. Next thing you know, the whole dungeon's NPC's are crashing down upon you all at once. An endless horde of NPC's. Sounds fun until you realize you're going to get all the elites, all at once. An awful type of fun thats.. challenging, to say the least. Add in a reward structure within this dungeon that while the dungeon is on high alert, you have a buff that wont fade that increases your luck for every elite that becomes active. Have 6 Elites active at the same time? 150% more luck for example.

Another thing I wish they would do more with is traps. There doesnt seem to be much of a focus on traps in the design process at all. Falling timbers, slow mechanics, falling rocks, etc. - theyre all pretty boring. I personally would like to see like a Breakable Object kind of bookshelf be in a spot that covers an unmapped hallway that has elites in it. If you arent going through, smashing everything possible - you might meet up with an elite trio up ahead, and when they are triggered, two elites come out from behind the bookshelf to gang up on your ass. Dont think this one needs rewards. Shouldnt be rewarded for falling for a trap in my mind - but I wouldnt really cry bloody murder if they did.

Im just saying, there is a lot of shit that not only the Diablo team could do - but all of these little indie devs that have their own version of Diablo. Make Demons scary, smart, and challenging.

/rant
What I noticed yesterday while we were talking about all this that.. Im not really a fan of - is that demons are geographically different for no reason other than where they are located within the world. As if they are animals that have basic needs in order to survive. I could understand it if there was a central boss for every zone, story or world boss, doesnt matter. Where what they looked like, and what their abilities did, were basically a culmination of all the abilities in that region. Ashava the Pestilent had some poison attacks, poison puddles, a charge, and physical attacks complimented by those poisons. The boss we fought at the culmination of the fractured peaks story - did what, blood poison puddles, a room wide AOE, a cone attack, and an avoidable death march? Neither of these bosses had anything to do with ol' goat boys in the area. The vampires in the strongholds had little to do with anything in the surrounding areas. etc.

I mean, this shit isnt "really" important - but when it comes to world building.. I feel like they kind of dropped the ball quite a bit in this one area. The other games, POE, Epoch, GD, etc. - they all do the same shit. So much more could be done, but I can only be so mad cause I still want to play it and Im apathetic towards other options currently.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
The whole idea in my mind is that these games could do so much more with dungeons. Theyre adding affixes and shit in WoW and, they might do that with a certain dungeons in D4 - but I want more dynamic events in dungeons. Butcher is a cool little mini event. Its always interesting to have a boss pop up on you that is actually difficult and can kill you if you're caught at the wrong moment.
I liked D2 for a lot of this, especially the burial sites/temples in A2, nevermind how fucked I was the first time I came across Duriel (the worm boss?) that ran faster than you did right before you find Tyrael. The holy shit, pops out of nowhere, frantic battle for life.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1680715555792.png

Druid sighting!

• 18Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 19 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Nothing gets me rigid for a new game like a fatty with a moustache overselling the fun of +5 main stat.

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 9 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even the stuff that isn't just +5 gooder is underwhelming. Like the aspect system they're talking about. Yeah, you can get reusable legendary affixes to slap on to junk items you're only going to use for a while, but for anything permanent you're going to have to loot the real thing and extract it. The aspect version's rolls are vastly lower than an extracted one. IIRC at 25 it was considerably lower than the worst possible roll on a looted legendary, and I suspect the gap will just widen as the level increases. Granted, for some affixes it might not matter so much, but I think for most of the ones people actually use in builds the aspect version will not be desirable.

And "nightmare" dungeons still just sound like juiced up versions with the exact same shitty layouts and design.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Even the stuff that isn't just +5 gooder is underwhelming. Like the aspect system they're talking about. Yeah, you can get reusable legendary affixes to slap on to junk items you're only going to use for a while, but for anything permanent you're going to have to loot the real thing and extract it. The aspect version's rolls are vastly lower than an extracted one. IIRC at 25 it was considerably lower than the worst possible roll on a looted legendary, and I suspect the gap will just widen as the level increases.

And "nightmare" dungeons still just sound like juiced up versions with the exact same shitty layouts and design.
Maybe the aspects level up when you complete that dungeon on a higher world tier?

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Maybe the aspects level up when you complete that dungeon on a higher world tier?
Maybe. I mean, they already level up when you level up, but so does getting the same affix on a new, higher ilvl legendary.

I mostly tested it with the one that gave a barrier when you engage an elite or boss enemy and the difference between my looted ones and the aspect version was pretty huge. And that was with beta drops which capped out at about L18 (aside from that one L35 mob people farmed, but I never did that).

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe. I mean, they already level up when you level up, but so does getting the same affix on a new, higher ilvl legendary.

I mostly tested it with the one that gave a barrier when you engage an elite or boss enemy and the difference between my looted ones and the aspect version was pretty huge. And that was with beta drops which capped out at about L18 (aside from that one L35 mob people farmed, but I never did that).
One of them that I got from a dungeon was 33% and the tool tip said something like 20-40%. So I guess its still a possibility that a drop could give you a higher percentage.

Kind of let down on that video - was really hoping we would find out more about the higher rarity items that supposedly drop on higher world tiers. Give me that juicy shit you fat hoes.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But I want more shit like.. You go into a dungeon and think everything is fine (normal) and kill NPC's as you explore. You run into an elite and as soon as it feels like its in danger of dying - it sprints off in a random direction, faster than treasure goblins, but enough that you can keep up. You try to run after it, but as you're running after it - if you have the sound turned up - you can hear horns starting to blare. Theyre actively alerting the whole dungeon that you're there while that one elite drags you deeper into the dungeon. Next thing you know, the whole dungeon's NPC's are crashing down upon you all at once. An endless horde of NPC's. Sounds fun until you realize you're going to get all the elites, all at once. An awful type of fun thats.. challenging, to say the least. Add in a reward structure within this dungeon that while the dungeon is on high alert, you have a buff that wont fade that increases your luck for every elite that becomes active. Have 6 Elites active at the same time? 150% more luck for example.

Agree they need more random trigger danger like Butcher. The dungeons are something that's been criticized in both closed and open beta by influencers, so I think Blizzard will address it as seasons go on.

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
JUST GIVE ME THE FUCKING GAME FFS!! FUUUUUUUCK!!

ok I'll calm down now...

• 2Pathetic

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
One of the ladies said two things that I found kind of odd. One was that aspects were a *chance* on dungeon completion, in the beta it was just finishing the dungeon once. The other was that we should expect to lose some things in pvp, most likely its just going to be the shards or whatever before purifying but idk. Rest was kind of underwhelming, let us at least play with the paragon boards and them saying nothing about astral and sacred items is cause for concern.

• 1Like