Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How bad is the rogue nerf with imbue ?

I played necro in beta, I was already getting annoyed at the wizard skels that took damage as they cast and had to repeatedly be summoned every fight so if they're making pets die more I'm out on that.

Was hoping to pick something other than sorc because it feels like everyone is going that direction and it seems like all these changes push me further towards sorc. I'd love to play something different but I don't want to suck just to be different.

I'd speculate the nerf is substantial because everyone expected more nerfs to hit Rogue on their Twisted Blades combo stacking and seems they just went for the jugular instead by going at cooldown availability instead of damage/modifier nerfs. I understand the availability of their full combo with the best gear and legendaries was devastating, but it would be pretty sad if guys like Raxx demonstrating a max gear Act 1 Rogue got their core kit nerfed significantly. I never got even 10% of that gear.

More Imbue cooldown could make it so that strategies for normal players have become just as difficult as a low gear Barbarian or Druid. Longer Imbue cooldown means longer clear times and fights. Also feeling pushed toward Sorc. Rather than smoothing out the normal ungeared early experience of Barb and Druid, they went for Rogue core kit instead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The weird thing about those changes is there's no mention of nerfing the Ice Blades enchantment and it was easily the strongest thing in the beta.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I scaled past imbue skills in the beta lol, they just don't seem viable with good gear. Not worth one of 6 slots.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I played necro in beta, I was already getting annoyed at the wizard skels that took damage as they cast and had to repeatedly be summoned every fight so if they're making pets die more I'm out on that.
I hope they dont nerf it too much and necro armies are still viable. I'm not sure why they feel the need to make everything a dangerous fast paced game.

The big tradeoff for a summon necro in D2 was its safe but slow. Your killing speed will never match a lot of other builds, but you could do a lot more with sub par gear, and the slow inevitable crush of your undead minions as the enemy slowly loses ground before the corpse explosions started was satisfying.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Stress test

1682017191248.png

Level restricted to 20 this time.

DLSS3 and other optimizations changed. They have been working on performance.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Cringed at the end when mentioning other Diablo games that Immortal got a shout out from the dev for it's new PvP system.

Immortal had some good systems and the PvP is still the most balanced in any game in recent history, sans pay2win.

But holy fuck at being unaware of optics. He shouted out D2R, D3 S28 and then put Immortal in the same sentence. Indicates there is still a level of out of touch at Blizzard. "Go check out that new Immortal update" on a mobile game while talking on a PC/console game platform. Blizzard made sure to not say Immortal is officially released on PC specifically to add deniability. And yet.... here it is being shouted out at a D4 developer roundtable Q+A 45 days till D4 launch.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I was sad to hear about the skellie nerf too. Fuck that. I liked Necro precisely because it didn't make me micro-manage my summons all that much. I don't mind if they are less effective overall but having to summon them constantly will just be annoying.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I've got a 25 of each class so there is zero chance I spend time leveling with Zelda coming out that weekend.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I was sad to hear about the skellie nerf too. Fuck that. I liked Necro precisely because it didn't make me micro-manage my summons all that much. I don't mind if they are less effective overall but having to summon them constantly will just be annoying.

Yeah this really annoyed me. I just wanted a minion army fantasy but guess that's not what they want. I wouldn't be surprised if the shared world shit had to do with it.

I might just start as druid if I decided to pick this up.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I was told today that PvP deaths in HC are permanent, but can't find an actual dev quote. I suck balls at PvP due to reasons, so this is a bummer to me. I could handle a dozen PvP deaths for every win without permadeath. Losing my character to the game, or due to my own bad judgement is one thing; losing it to some twitchy fuck with a fiber connection telling me to git gud is something else entirely.

• 1Solidarity

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stress test

View attachment 469873

Yeah no thanks. I get wanting to test changes(especially if significant) but I will pass. I am sure they will still get enough to make that first day horrible.

Will be good to hear how bad the pet changes are. I rarely had to summon them again during that last beta except specific bosses that did screen wide AEs, they died in droves then and had to get the talent that made corpses on hitting a mob to be able to get the army back up. If its like that the whole way through though, that just doesn't sound like fun at all. Thankfully I enjoyed sorc and barb enough to have a choice between the 3. Druid was just bad and not fun at all(at least in that up to level 25 test).

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I was told today that PvP deaths in HC are permanent, but can't find an actual dev quote. I suck balls at PvP due to reasons, so this is a bummer to me. I could handle a dozen PvP deaths for every win without permadeath. Losing my character to the game, or due to my own bad judgement is one thing; losing it to some twitchy fuck with a fiber connection telling me to git gud is something else entirely.

Even if this turns out to be true, who says you have to play PvP on HC mode? If you are that scared of losing your character just PvP in standard SC mode.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Stress test

View attachment 469873

Huzzah! If my mini pc can run this version then I am going to play the ever loving shit out of this all summer.

Well, going to do that anyways, but this way I will be able to use just the one computer.

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Haha. So these poor little cuck fucks actually have to return to an office and work for a living? Fuck off. If they didn't quit, these talentless purple haired hacks would be laid off anyway if the MS acquisition goes through. Reality is hitting everyone in the tech industry AS ALL of these diversity hires get their ass handed to them. It cannot happen soon enough for these worthless hacks.

Good news: Now they can go back and cry underneath the bridge they will be living under. The wooden spoon of karma and retribution is coming.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I'm curious how this will impact farming on hc pvp servers. A while back I read that pvp gives unique mats that can't be found anywhere else, so poorly geared characters will just be screwed I guess? Or maybe that isn't true. It does seem kind of dumb to require people to pvp to gear up fully.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm curious how this will impact farming on hc pvp servers. A while back I read that pvp gives unique mats that can't be found anywhere else, so poorly geared characters will just be screwed I guess? Or maybe that isn't true. It does seem kind of dumb to require people to pvp to gear up fully.

Just give it a minute some shill will be along to remind you it's a PvE game.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Are you saying that you doubted that?

I'd say I didn't expect that. If you told me Immortal was going to get product placement and a shout out from current D4 staff with a month to launch during a pre-hype for D4 discussion podcast, I'd have doubted that.

Blizzard is full of surprises.