Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'd say I didn't expect that. If you told me Immortal was going to get product placement and a shout out from current D4 staff with a month to launch during a pre-hype for D4 discussion podcast, I'd have doubted that.

Blizzard is full of surprises.
Not the part I replied to, but yeah, the only surprise is how deep they can dig.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I'm curious how this will impact farming on hc pvp servers. A while back I read that pvp gives unique mats that can't be found anywhere else, so poorly geared characters will just be screwed I guess? Or maybe that isn't true. It does seem kind of dumb to require people to pvp to gear up fully.

You don't have to PvP to gear up. Honestly it isn't a huge deal as the shards you get are strictly for cosmetic gear. Nothing with stats. I just suck at PvP so no cosmetics in HC for me. I will happily zerg in SC PvP.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Going to be moving in to my new place during stress test weekend. Fuck.
That sucks man, but its just a cosmetic. I have a feeling we'll see horse trophy cosmetics/items that will probably give +5% Damage Against Demons or some shit (ala the Witcher) and that cosmetic will just be something you never use, anyways.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
That sucks man, but its just a cosmetic. I have a feeling we'll see horse trophy cosmetics/items that will probably give +5% Damage Against Demons or some shit (ala the Witcher) and that cosmetic will just be something you never use, anyways.
I wasn't even interested in that stuff. I'm just annoyed I won't be able to play much. Genuinely curious what the "optimized" client runs like on my computers.

Daidraco

I wasn't even interested in that stuff. I'm just annoyed I won't be able to play much. Genuinely curious what the "optimized" client runs like on my computers.
I seriously doubt your computer is going to have any issues. I think the most horrid think about the beta was from the load times on my older PC and the extreme rubber banding we'd see on all three of our PC's. I think a Chromebook has more power than my old PC does at this point, lol.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I seriously doubt your computer is going to have any issues. I think the most horrid think about the beta was from the load times on my older PC and the extreme rubber banding we'd see on all three of our PC's. I think a Chromebook has more power than my old PC does at this point, lol.
My mini pc that only has an igpu struggled something fierce with the last client. Just hoping that gets better. Well, that and that they fixed the memory leak.

Daidraco

33841-upcoming-kfc-promotion-includes-diablo-4-in-game-rewards.jpg

They back at it again, lul. No specifics, just that something is coming.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
33841-upcoming-kfc-promotion-includes-diablo-4-in-game-rewards.jpg

They back at it again, lul. No specifics, just that something is coming.

Really though this is a deal with YumBrands who is trash but why not at least open this shit up to TacoBell and PizzaHut too, I'd be more likely to actually order something but still probably not.

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Really though this is a deal with YumBrands who is trash but why not at least open this shit up to TacoBell and PizzaHut too, I'd be more likely to actually order something but still probably not.

The Baja Blast drink is worth it even if you hate TacoBell anyway. This KFC shit just feels like a prank or meme.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
KFC is fucking horrible now. IDK if they were always horrible and I just have good memories of it as a kid or it just got bad over the years but the chicken there is fucking bad plus its expensive as shit. Taco Bell is passable but Id rather not im boycotting that place over their absurd prices. And I have not been to Pizza Hut in years, last time was for their all you can eat lunch thing when some co-worker dragged me there. And it was OK but I would never order pizza from there. It was more about volume over quality. The fucker I went with, I swear, ate like 3-4 pizzas by himself. Skinny dude too. I was like WTF?

Oh and they have Baja Blast at our local Speedway gas stations. My kid always gets it. Bonus you can get their fucking 64 oz cup of that shit. Might as well IV some pure sugar for some diabeetus instead.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
KFC is fucking horrible now. IDK if they were always horrible and I just have good memories of it as a kid or it just got bad over the years but the chicken there is fucking bad plus its expensive as shit. Taco Bell is passable but Id rather not im boycotting that place over their absurd prices. And I have not been to Pizza Hut in years, last time was for their all you can eat lunch thing when some co-worker dragged me there. And it was OK but I would never order pizza from there. It was more about volume over quality. The fucker I went with, I swear, ate like 3-4 pizzas by himself. Skinny dude too. I was like WTF?

Oh and they have Baja Blast at our local Speedway gas stations. My kid always gets it. Bonus you can get their fucking 64 oz cup of that shit. Might as well IV some pure sugar for some diabeetus instead.
All the fast food chicken places are garbage. Expensive dog food.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Fast food in general has gotten too damn expensive. My new favorite chicken joint is Raising Cane's. The menu is pretty much chicken tenders, crinkle cut fries, Texas toast, Cole slaw.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard
Fast food in general has gotten too damn expensive. My new favorite chicken joint is Raising Cane's. The menu is pretty much chicken tenders, crinkle cut fries, Texas toast, Cole slaw.
Yep. Shitty quarter pounder with fries, $12. Hamburger at restaurant down the street, $11. Made from locally sourced beef, cheese, and buns.

All these fast food joints are going to be sucking wind before too long.

• 3Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yep. Shitty quarter pounder with fries, $12. Hamburger at restaurant down the street, $11. Made from locally sourced beef, cheese, and buns.

Yeah, this was a few years ago but there was a bar by my old work that served up bacon burgers, at least 1/4 lb for $4 ea. Fries were extra but if you left that place for $10-$12 you got 2 burgers, fries and a beer. A lot of those dives used food to get people to go there. And they did.

Asian joints are my favorite though. Like Chinese or Thai, even indian is fucking good shit and cheap. The Chinese place I go to by my current work serves you up a fucking 3 course meal for $15. You get a soup, then a egg roll, then a combo plate with fried rice and whatever your fave chinesie chicken or beef is. Same with thai and its even cheaper. Get soup, then a curry chicken with rice for like $13. No its not fast food but you still get served up within 10-15 min.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Lucky guy. The family restaurant around here with the good burgers is 16 bucks with cheese on it and fries. The fries are really good wide cut wedges though.

The jaw dropper is adding bacon is 4 dollars. So 20 dollars total before tax if you want to get the whole shebang. It's really good bacon, not McDonalds or fast food style, but 4 bucks for 2 strips of bacon just seems extreme. It's a mom and pop though. They wouldn't charge the 4 bucks for bacon if they didn't have to.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If you guys are in CA look forward to FAST Act getting passed and 100% robot stores implemented or all stores being closed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If you guys are in CA look forward to FAST Act getting passed and 100% robot stores implemented or all stores being closed.
Most major chains will just slowly transition out of the state - it's going to cost them millions. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the more profitable stores are allowed to 'stick around", biding time for full automation, whereby they can transition them over. Mom & Pop style "local" joints are definitely going to die but that was already happening in CA prior to this.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Mom & Pop style "local" joints are definitely going to die

Not because of the FAST act; it only applies to chains with over 100 locations.

Being in CA, the major chains don't seem to have much of a price advantage over better, smaller, local alternatives and the quality difference is massive.