Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ya, hes the PR guy. Guy looks like we might be lucky he even has a console. The nerds in the middle of that stream though? They give me hope lol.

Whew OK. I knew he was some type of handler but thought he might have been on the actual dev team.

In any case, Slam version is the gold version of the game they said. Makes sense this close to release.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
All the fast food chicken places are garbage. Expensive dog food.
When I want "fast" chicken, I just head down to the Winco when they've recently put out a new batch of fried stuff. Cheap as hell and actually good quality.

Fucker

Log Wizard
When I want "fast" chicken, I just head down to the Winco when they've recently put out a new batch of fried stuff. Cheap as hell and actually good quality.
The market chicken here is horrible. They make one batch in the morning, and then it sits under heat lamps all day getting dried out.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whew OK. I knew he was some type of handler but thought he might have been on the actual dev team.

In any case, Slam version is the gold version of the game they said. Makes sense this close to release.
Pre-Install is up if you, or anyone else hasnt noticed. I dont log into the battle.net app often.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Low key expecting the Druid to be buffed into a literal fucking juggernaut, too.)

I am not sure about this test or low level game in general, but Druid is supposedly S tier endgame, along with barbarian. It may just be the voices in my head, but there have been whispers to that effect.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am not sure about this test or low level game in general, but Druid is supposedly S tier endgame, along with barbarian. It may just be the voices in my head, but there have been whispers to that effect.
Just the lack of excuses, or anything similar from the devs when questioned about the low damage of the Druid in the lower levels just makes it seem like they are hiding something. The dev in the stream thats on the middle left, Joe Piepiora, started to say he plays the Druid "A lot more than..." before getting interrupted in one of the older streams. Could be a nothing burger, could be something more. As Im going to at least try to max everything in the first season anyways. That is, if the end game doesnt make me gouge my eyes out after an hour like D3 does.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

That's the word from closed beta-- that Barbarian and Druid are handling the most end-game content. As little word as we've gotten. This is the most air-tight beta probably in history. Back on the original FOH it wasn't uncommon for people in beta to just leak info on the forums. I.E. Age of Conan et al. You'd have at least a few posters confirm/deny beta rumors and so forth, even if not doing Q+A. That's all dried up now.

The culture has changed a little bit, along with people having careers and livelihoods. That NDA must be something fierce.

I'd like to know what media was allowed to review for D4, if anything at all. And what the extent of any review embargo might be.

1683757217571.png

That's the general sense I've gotten from this pre-launch.

In the stream today they essentially came right out and said it. Expectations have to be managed.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Might just be no one is in the closed beta? But they could have more serious looking NDAs too, although these are still unlikely to be very enforcable anyway, but I remember back when I was in GW2 beta(or alpha I forgot), I had to send a copy of my ID card with a contract-like NDA back to them to get my key, felt a lot more "real" than when you had to click Ok on an email to get in.

Anyway I'll personally be getting my info from the upcoming open beta they'll be runnin for the next 3-4months, I believe they call it "Season 1".

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
0-2 vs the Butcher so far on my druid. I think it will be a while before I go HC in this game.