Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
One area where D4 is refreshing over something like PoE is in that it isn't about 3,000 flashing lights, mob effects, player effects, and dashing pack to pack like a madman with barely a fucking clue as to what is actually occurring on-screen.

As a boomer gamer now, I appreciate the relatively "slower" pace.

• 7Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I don’t think you’re in the minority at all.

Video game labeled shit is dorky af and that’s coming from someone that’s been chasing the EQ hopium dragon for 25 years.

Reminds me of that geek hierarchy. People that buy $300 collector’s edition shit so they can display their Master Chief replica have got to be bottom tier but maybe just above Diablo IV chair shitters.

View attachment 474929
1684968415243.jpeg

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
One area where D4 is refreshing over something like PoE is in that it isn't about 3,000 flashing lights, mob effects, player effects, and dashing pack to pack like a madman with barely a fucking clue as to what is actually occurring on-screen.

Exactly why SC2 was a failure. Nobody gives a fuck about 300 APM.

The idea they could get Gen Z into the franchise was their biggest miscalculation, but "muh e sports" right?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I don’t think you’re in the minority at all.

Video game labeled shit is dorky af and that’s coming from someone that’s been chasing the EQ hopium dragon for 25 years.

Reminds me of that geek hierarchy. People that buy $300 collector’s edition shit so they can display their Master Chief replica have got to be bottom tier but maybe just above Diablo IV chair shitters.

View attachment 474929
So I really am #2 after all. This checks out.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Question for those who have played D4 already.

Unfortunately, I have to have scapholunate ligament reconstruction on my right wrist and will be unable to use a keyboard/mouse as of the 31st for up to 6 weeks. Is D4 UI similar to D3? I am curious if I bought a left handed Naga mouse, could I bind all of the action buttons to those 12 buttons on the thumb side? I'm thinking I might be able to play that way.

Any other ideas for playing everything with my left hand?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I really am #2 after all. This checks out.
You sure about that? Figured you would at least be down at the Role Playing Games gamer. As I am - just not a LARPer. That shits fucking weird.

Unfortunately, I have to have scapholunate ligament reconstruction on my right wrist and will be unable to use a keyboard/mouse as of the 31st for up to 6 weeks. Is D4 UI similar to D3? I am curious if I bought a left handed Naga mouse, could I bind all of the action buttons to those 12 buttons on the thumb side? I'm thinking I might be able to play that way.

Bunch of options added for movement this last beta, so you can customize it to however it works for you. I have the mouse you're talking about (right handed version, though), and there are no problems using the side mouse buttons. If there was, the mouse comes with software to replace a keystroke with a mouse button anyways. Shift to Hold might be the only option that is a bit cumbersome in your transition.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
You sure about that? Figured you would at least be down at the Role Playing Games gamer. As I am - just not a LARPer. That shits fucking weird.

Bunch of options added for movement this last beta, so you can customize it to however it works for you. I have the mouse you're talking about, and there are no problems using the side mouse buttons. If there was, the mouse comes with software to replace a keystroke with a mouse button anyways. Shift to Hold might be the only option that is a bit cumbersome in your transition.
I assume #1 is scifi/fantasy author on that chart. With everyone and their dog shitting on the furries.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Have you consulted Tuco about his foot pedals?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I agree 100%, but having not seen end game play yet, I won't be surprised if it still ends up that way. I hope not though.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I agree 100%, but having not seen end game play yet, I won't be surprised if it still ends up that way. I hope not though.
Difference is that PoE is that way even "early on". The game plays fast as hell right from the getgo (or at least once you get your first quicksilver flask - which is literally the first or second "quest" you do). Sure, it just keeps getting worse as you level, gear, etc. but it starts almost out of the gate like that.

I imagine the "speed" of D4 will ramp up, of course. And I don't expect an ARPG to have an APM of 5 by any means. I just think there's a healthy balance between something my grandpa can play and what PoE is at the endgame.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like you need a healthy dose of AutomateItAway. There are a significant portion of builds that revolve around just right clicking the screen.

Or you could just become one of those minions-only schmucks.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I'm not as worried about apm as I am about the over the top graphics. Just keep the animations toned down a little bit and I'm happy. We don't need Vampire Survivors in D4 lol.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I could pay $15 and cash out my WoW gold and get this easy. Or can you do that with free game time?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Live action is always bad. Not sure why they even do it, just a waste of money. Just keep the animated ones you had that are good(outside weird music choices).

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yes. I love good animation not trash tier live action from a company known for their fantastic cinematic trailers.

The same as if I saw a good cartoon, animated film etc. quality is quality.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users