Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I just don't get it. How are these gaming chairs comfortable. The arms are small and not padded. And they are flat instead of gently curved.

3/10 chair. Give me an oversized extra tall lazyboy office chair anyday.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I admit, I had a pretty good time playing the beta...but...this thread is entirely more entertaining than the beta I played.

100% will subscribe to the seasonal pass for this thread.

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I just don't get it. How are these gaming chairs comfortable. The arms are small and not padded. And they are flat instead of gently curved.

3/10 chair. Give me an oversized extra tall lazyboy office chair anyday.

Wait, did you buy the fucking chair???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Wait, did you buy the fucking chair???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
sacha baron cohen chair GIF

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
The Ultimate seems like a rip off at an extra $10 for an emote, and a faster battle pass. Being that is you like the game enough to play it you'd have no reason to care about the faster battle pass.
I want to play early so either deluxe or ultimate > and what the heck the 10€ increase from deluxe to ultimate I don't care at this point .... would have gone standard if not the headstart

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I see they learned nothing from Diablo 3 and the tarded number scaling aids. Shit starting off in the hundreds of millions range. /sigh

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I see they learned nothing from Diablo 3 and the tarded number scaling aids. Shit starting off in the hundreds of millions range. /sigh

It's a sequel, so obviously that should have been our level one DPS, and scaled even higher at cap. If I'm not dealing quintillions of damage how can I know I've progressed?

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wasnt that a problem with retail wow as well at some point? Until they decided to squish everything? To me its a big scaling problem when you start out at lv 1-5 doing 5-10 dmg or whatever and this scales over 80-100 levels to tens of millions of dmg. I could see 1000-5000 dmg or whatever, but millions? Like why? Do people like to see those big numbers that are essentially meaningless at that point scroll over mobs heads?

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its fun when the numbers have so many digits that is it is difficult to read anything else. You will have to just turn off "Show Damage".

DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT???!?!!!! I HIT IT FOR 45,098,756,435,451,222,101,321,392,432,897,761,763,234,999 of damage!!!!!!!

• 1Worf

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Didn't Diablo 3 also get glowing reviews from game press? Metacritic has both D3 and D4 at 88 atm.

We all know how shit it was at launch.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Wasnt that a problem with retail wow as well at some point? Until they decided to squish everything? To me its a big scaling problem when you start out at lv 1-5 doing 5-10 dmg or whatever and this scales over 80-100 levels to tens of millions of dmg. I could see 1000-5000 dmg or whatever, but millions? Like why? Do people like to see those big numbers that are essentially meaningless at that point scroll over mobs heads?

They did and continue to have this problem in WoW, and it was retarded as shit in Diablo 3 as well when you are hitting for multiple billions there is simply no fucking need and all it does it clutter the screen to nonsensical garbage. So it's pretty clear gear is going to scale exponentially instead of having any gear that has any lasting value. You know like fucking Diablo 2 or WoW classic did... nope every new level means you get the new +gooder and everything prior is complete ass trash. What a terrible design choice.

Like you said going from doing 1-10 damage to 1000-10,000 over the course of the leveling process would be fine for any normal not full autistic person.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
People didn't actually think it would be any different given the talentless diversity hires that developed this pile of shit right?

1685469491555.png

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Didn't Diablo 3 also get glowing reviews from game press? Metacritic has both D3 and D4 at 88 atm.

Hell remember when game critics couldn't even play Cuphead and jumping was to difficult. Yeah all game reviews just like movie reviews are trash, but given the flat out bag fulls of cash Blizzard is giving out to promote this game it isn't shocking. These American Inventors even pulled a Pantheon: Rise of the fallen and have fucking Lilith bus stop signs. They know all the money has to been made as quickly as possible.

Make no mistake calling it again next week you will see stories about the highest grossing more sales in the first week game ever made followed by Error 37: Online access has been turbo raped followed by 1/10 reviews.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande

The only part that was shit that I remember from d3 launch was not being able to actually get through Hell difficulty in what I assume was a retarded attempt to make the RMAH more successful by making A2 hell and beyond impossible.

In defense of the damage values, which I also think are stupid, PoE is doing the same shit these days. Every build has 5380865838838893 dps or it's trash tier.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It's hard to not want it to be good.

b40a5265-79c3-43ff-91ba-f00ae2ebbab1_text.gif

Yeah that's the issue unfortunately. We all wanted it to be good. It's impossible for this company to put out * anything * even mediocre now. The people working there are just so fucking clueless it has perpetually and forever killed the company and all franchises. The only hope now is for MS to be able to go forward with the acquisition and clean house (Which DEFINITELY is the plan FYI) and take the IP's to start over. That will create a new mess which MS is in with Gamepass and low common denominator design. But a blind dart throw is better than the absolute 100% shitstorm Blizzard has become which is absolute no hope. At all. Until someone acquires the IP's.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Bets on how long from launch the first scandal will be and what it will be about?

• 1Salty

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Thought maybe the numbers of the thumbnail were exaggerated, but nope. Clicked around and at 8.03 his aoe randomly hits mobs from the range of 3k to 2 billion. Probably does it before that too, but I just skipped around. 2.231.196.160 to be exact, but at that point, who cares about an extra 231 million damage..... A casual crit that does more damage than the collective HP of every mob you fought from 1 - 49?

I never did much end game at all of D3, just story and messed around after the end for a few hours so never went beyond torment 5ish? Got a few million damage, but never in the billions. Were the numbers that high in D3 too?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Bets on how long from launch the first scandal will be and what it will be about?

Might come sooner than anyone thinks. The first scandal won't be a scandal at all. It will be MSFT's acquisition of Acti-Blizz and firing 80% of it's shit workforce who were all hired based on their non gender gender and color of their hair. Industry will go up in arms claiming MSFT is all bigots. We all know better. The industry itself is in grave danger of another complete crash because of hiring people not based on their talent to deliver. I mean, it was bad before - if you had "Shipped random game" in your resume that qualified you no matter how fucked up they were in their job - but now it has gotten to the level of something completely different. From Redfall, Jedi's complete technical failures, Gollum (lol wow) and the upcoming Starfield - 2023 will be a year of games burning and making ET look like Warcraft 2.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users