Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I fully expect the end game to be a complete shit show, no doubt. If they follow the D3 "season" model, this will be great for a few weeks/month then meltdown. Hopefully they've learned some shit from POE, and repackaged it into an easier to pickup, better looking experience but I have no faith this is the case.

What I do know is, this weekend will be great (assuming server side keeps up...) and I reckon I'll get 50+ hours out of it which is okay with me.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
qhn7uo42mu2b1.png

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I fully expect the end game to be a complete shit show, no doubt. If they follow the D3 "season" model, this will be great for a few weeks/month then meltdown. Hopefully they've learned some shit from POE, and repackaged it into an easier to pickup, better looking experience but I have no faith this is the case.

What I do know is, this weekend will be great (assuming server side keeps up...) and I reckon I'll get 50+ hours out of it which is okay with me.

The reviews of those that have experienced end game are already out. It's exactly what was expected. You'll be farming nightmare dungeons to level up your Glyphs; boss encounters are cool but the most challenging one has 1/50th the complexity of something like Lost Ark and the game is exceptionally easy, except if you're an idiot and opt to smash your head against a wall and go into something under level'd rather than take an hour to farm and do it at level.

There is no innovation. There is no challenge. There is no lasting hook. The fun to be had here is sitting in Discord and linking the good drops you get to make other people jealous. The appeal to this will last for a limited duration of time, at which point most people will leave and revisit the game when they patch more fun in, provided Blizzard is capable of doing so which has become increasingly more of a question mark every year. This is coming from the perspective of someone who will be playing at early access.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
So consensus on the pre-orders? Any of them worth it? Also anyone definitely playing day one early launch?
I got the pre-order early access despite it being kind of meh. There's fuck all to play right now anyway, and if I can pinch 100 hours out of it, then fine.

Besides, with the inflation of the last few years, $90 is like $3.91 in 2021 dollars.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously they'll just do seasonal content and do whatever POE did three years ago that players actually liked and skip shit like this season

Chris

Potato del Grande
Eh, not sure the premium for early access is worth anything unless you just want to play early. Season 1 won't even start for 6-8 weeks I think. Other than that, not really unless you love cosmetics? I paid for early access because I had a blast in the beta's and there's nothing to play currently unless you're a gay nintendo nerd.
Will season 1 be a league reset? If so there's no point playing for 2 months unless there's a lot to carry over or seasons are only 2 months.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Will season 1 be a league reset? If so there's no point playing for 2 months unless there's a lot to carry over or seasons are only 2 months.

Read something about how when they make new Ladder season and add new items/abilities whatever they are just going to add them to the base game at the same time which is pretty retarded and might just straight up kill any reason to play Ladder.

Blizzard could fuck up a wet dream.

• 1Truth!

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>

Sup Fags! It's time to slay the Dragon!!

FoH Discord

Let me know if any of you chumps want me to make or set up any channels and shit for you. Pretty sure it's hardly been used this last year aside from Lost Ark at launch, or Utnayan Utnayan drunk gaming weekends.
wait, if it launches in London at 12AM shouldn't the line where the day changes be right there?
What an odd presentation. The whole map also looks like someone tried to create it from memory alone.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So wait a second, is everyone just getting hyped for the game they've been shitting on for the past year?

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 9 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
wait, if it launches in London at 12AM shouldn't the line where the day changes be right there?
What an odd presentation. The whole map also looks like someone tried to create it from memory alone.

Yeah, the time zone for England spits Ireland to the west and Germany to the east. Blizzard's line at the tip of Greenland is nothing and is in the middle of UTC-3.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So wait a second, is everyone just getting hyped for the game they've been shitting on for the past year?
No, we're getting hyped about dropping dank memes and shitting on bads.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

I for sure am not buying it. But some here are going to throw the money down for about 3 weeks of what will be no doubt fun with forum bro-hems. They could do that though with any other game without feeding the people behind this steaming pile of shit. I am a disappointed father right now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
I for sure am not buying it. But some here are going to throw the money down for about 3 weeks of what will be no doubt fun with forum bro-hems. They could do that though with any other game without feeding the people behind this steaming pile of shit.
In a world where a foot long Subway is $15.00 three weeks entertainment for $60-$100 is more than worth it. I share the sentiment that the game could be something amazing that last for decades like Vanilla WoW if they had the right team though, instead of a 3 week fling with occasional two week seasonal flings....

• 1Truth!

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Where are you living in which a foot long cold cut combo is more than 6?

Ouch. I would move.
Washington state! Highest minimum wage in the country at $15.74 and likely to go up another 5-10% after this year too (based on inflation lol).

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users