Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
A fresh game to play and explore and experience is always the most fun. Being in on a popular launch is a great experience as long as the game is playable. Blizzard knows this... all gaming companies do in fact. So they gave people who spend a significant amount more a very big head start.

And then they took it a step further and tried to get even more last minute upgrade sales by announcing the race and rewards.

And they didn't even have the decency to launch with a leaderboard.

Blizzard is a garbage company, with garbage business practices, that has made nothing but mediocre games... at best... for like 15+ years.

But by all means keep giving in to FOMO and affirming to them that as long as a title has the name of a familiar IP, everyone will trip over themselves to throw their money in blindly.

Bro, you're missing out on the cultural zeitgeist and shared sense of discovery, bro. Inflation has made dinner for two overpriced so you shouldn't care about supporting Blizzard. Don't you understand in 1950's dollars a burger would cost you $40 today, so $100 for a few days or weeks of fun in Diablo IV is worth it before you're forced to follow online guides! And you shouldn't post in threads for games you aren't yet playing, so just buy the game, bro.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The post I quoted was referring to the "worth" of the game in a dollar sense which is why I brought up dollars at all. I'm obviously not saying people are poor if they don't buy it. The point is if you believe you would spend a meaningful amount of time playing the game, then to me price shouldn't really be a factor if it's only the difference of a few fast food lunches.

and yes i hate blizzard but i mean....it's diablo man? d3 wasn't too bad.

This is a phenomenon particularly prevalent in gaming. People who would scoff at paying $10 to park in a grass field near a venue and would rather walk 2 miles because they don't like the idea of some guy with a big property trying to profit off of them. $70+ for a ticket into said venue but $10 more for better access is a no go. The same people try to pretend it's no big deal to drop $70 on a game that has an NDA til days before it releases. And why not spend the extra money on early access right?

Some people happen to make "fuck you" money from an early age. But more often affluent people become affluent because they are discerning customers. And even more people don't really actually have $70 to throw away blindly but cook up weird justifications to do so just because they actually do feel the fear of missing out.

• 5Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fucking weird that some of you keep visiting a game thread for a game you refuse to buy.

Daidraco Daidraco , was watching a short clip this morning. Seems a good fast way to do that renown grind. Get a party of 4, lower it to wt1(since you are there to complete it fast as possible). Then split up, each take a region. And each person just goes through every dungeon in that region and it apparently gives credit to the entire party. I think there is something like 30 per region, so around ~900 renown.
Ya. Thats what Vold/Booze/Lumi/Janx was doing when I logged off for the night. Definitely get it done faster if you have the group to do it and start that way from the beginning, but hell - I keep doing different ones with nightmare stuff that it wouldnt be productive for me to be in a group. As Im not far from finishing the rest (finished FP's already).

Also, hit me up when you want to do nightmare dungeons btw. Built the Pulverize build to the "T" from Maxroll and its god tier compared to my companion build.
Wish I could say the same as a Druid, we're already so big that many of our tents we put on make it look like we love our gear so much we never took any off and just keep adding layers, but this unique helm I got will probably get me to transmog it (it's a mask w/ hair basically)

View attachment 476684

Otherwise, changing gear is something I really like in games like this and MMOs. I enjoy the gear progression, etc.
Im jealous that you got Vasily's Prayer already. Up until today, I had been using this weird/shitty companion build off of Icy Vein's or w/e because I had forgot all about Maxroll. Then it dawned on me to look them up last night, and today, spent the time to finish up a Pulverize build... and holy fuck. Such a night and day difference.

What Im trying to figure out is that the weapons Im seeing, they arent getting any higher than what I already have at ~1800 damage. Even looking at the gear Im getting from Tier 4 - weapon damage doesnt seem to be any higher? Im assuming weapon damage stays the same, but all your attack power after this point is just going to come from Paragon board and slight modifications to gear?

I'd play more tonight, but got hit with the action button bug where nothing responds to button bushes anymore - and just stayed logged off.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Sometimes playing video games is just playing video games.

Like, most all of the time.

• 4Like
  • 1Seriously?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Fucking weird that some of you keep visiting a game thread for a game you refuse to buy.
This thread isn't just about playing D4. There seems to be a discussion about questionable practices within ARPGs and gaming as a whole, which is least partially relevant to D4. This is where someone posts the "STOP HAVING FUN!" meme for I think the third time.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not that I refuse to buy. I've been gathering feedback to decide if it's worth buying.

And as I keep stating, it seems like the more feedback I'm seeing, the more it's looking like it's not meeting the hype.

When the defense of the game is "Diablo 3 sucked at release but they sorta kinda fixed it years later," it doesn't seem like a glowing recommendation.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sometimes playing video games is just playing video games.

Like, most all of the time.

Tell that to the EQ thread :p

Saw some of the PoE guys hit 100 in HC , doing the 4 man dungeon spam for hours on end. Looks like wudijo hit 100 today, but pure solo(crazy people).

Can't imagine just sitting at one spot, killing the same dungeon every 1-2 minutes, for hours. I might actually go insane from that.

Dont forget the twitch drops started too. No clue what they are.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I wonder how the shop will do. In PoE the gear you get looks like total shit so the MTX in the Shop feels like an option to not look like a peasant.

In D4 I like almost everything I equip. This is my transmog atm with just normal drops. I feel zero need to buy skins in this game.

View attachment 476655

At least in D4 apparently you can zoom in to see it. Never understood in PoE they sell tons of apparel crap and you can only see it from 50 feet away.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Not that I refuse to buy. I've been gathering feedback to decide if it's worth buying.

And as I keep stating, it seems like the more feedback I'm seeing, the more it's looking like it's not meeting the hype.

When the defense of the game is "Diablo 3 sucked at release but they sorta kinda fixed it years later," it doesn't seem like a glowing recommendation.

super weird since the feedback that’s been here from those playing is “I’m having fun” or “yeah it’s alright”. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
This is a phenomenon particularly prevalent in gaming. People who would scoff at paying $10 to park in a grass field near a venue and would rather walk 2 miles because they don't like the idea of some guy with a big property trying to profit off of them. $70+ for a ticket into said venue but $10 more for better access is a no go. The same people try to pretend it's no big deal to drop $70 on a game that has an NDA til days before it releases. And why not spend the extra money on early access right?

Some people happen to make "fuck you" money from an early age. But more often affluent people become affluent because they are discerning customers. And even more people don't really actually have $70 to throw away blindly but cook up weird justifications to do so just because they actually do feel the fear of missing out.
This is an excellent example! People choose to maximize their own utility.

If no one parks in the grass field the price will come down or cease to exist in a for profit situation, and if it is always overcrowded, the price will continue to go up. If over time other grass fields appear, this grass field's price will likely need to change, or other actions may also be undertaken.

And last, but most importantly, if the price of parking at the grass field remains at $10 or even increases, rumor has it that upon parking you will hear faint cries emanating from a group of sweaty nerds a mile or two down the road...

• 1Picard

Khane

This is an excellent example! People choose to maximize their own utility.

If no one parks in the grass field the price will come down or cease to exist in a for profit situation, and if it is always overcrowded, the price will continue to go up. If over time other grass fields appear, this grass field's price will likely need to change, or other actions may also be undertaken.

And last, but most importantly, if the price of parking at the grass field remains at $10 or even increases, rumor has it that upon parking you will hear faint cries emanating from a group of sweaty nerds a mile or two down the road...

You're not making the point you seem to think you are.

Also... lol at new grass fields just appearing

• 1Worf

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
So i was a derp. I bought Diablo 4 for pc, and then I bought it for my ps5 completely forgetting its tied to my battle.net account. Now, my kid and I cant play together. Am I screwed because now I'll have to buy it a 3rd time? Or does anyone know if blizzard would offer a migration if i set up a new battle.net account with a different email / profile on the PS5?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
super weird since the feedback that’s been here from those playing is “I’m having fun” or “yeah it’s alright”. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Remeber he would only play it if it was 30 bucks.
So i was a derp. I bought Diablo 4 for pc, and then I bought it for my ps5 completely forgetting its tied to my battle.net account. Now, my kid and I cant play together. Am I screwed because now I'll have to buy it a 3rd time? Or does anyone know if blizzard would offer a migration if i set up a new battle.net account with a different email / profile on the PS5?

There is cross play, cant do it that way?

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
You're not making the point you seem to think you are.

Also... lol at new grass fields just appearing
no YOU are not. Its your fantasy example but other fields could always be there, they just don't allow parking, people buy space/properties/buildings to build pay for parking in areas, subterranean garage, car elevator: get creative and adapt boomer times are a changin.

No one on here is taking down blizzard by being a sour anti-corporate and thinking they are doing something by waiting a few months to cave before they try this out

why not cross play? I'd reach out to customer support - you'd need to transfer the game to the other battle.net account right?

• 1Moron

Khane

It's always funny when someone misses the point so much they start agreeing with you while drumming up situations that further solidify the original point.

• 2Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Checked out this thread many months ago and lots of people seemed down on D4, so I have been ignoring this thread... BUT it's coming out tomorrow and I am kind of hard up for a good game. BG3 isn't out until August.

So what's the consensus? This thing worth whatever it is they charge these days?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

It's not actually that weird for gamers on a gaming forum to discuss gaming even when they "refuse" to buy a game.

Your wording is sort of what's weird, as if buying the game is the default, logical action and anyone not doing it is refusing to do something they should be doing.

Instead, of, you know, just choosing not to buy a game at this time but maybe will in the future or maybe soon depending on how it seems the game is sounding based on the forum discussion they're reading about it.

Feel free to petition our benevolent forumlords to have a special thread where people have to show proof of purchase to post? Seems gay, but whatever you need to have fun in a video game.

• 3Like
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Moron

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Checked out this thread many months ago and lots of people seemed down on D4, so I have been ignoring this thread... BUT it's coming out tomorrow and I am kind of hard up for a good game. BG3 isn't out until August.

So what's the consensus? This thing worth whatever it is they charge these days?

Decent game..

Questionable price.

Up in the air on how much will be pay-walled.

Up in the air on if there will be pay-to-win Micro Trans.

If you don't care about the potential drawbacks, it'll entertain you, it's Diablo 2+ basically. Dark story, more along the line of D2, cool visuals and comes from the franchise known for the best ARPG "feel" on the market.

• 1Like