Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1686034179577.png

zzz tonight. Don't log off for a break if you are already in. Game has multiple login issues. Bunch of errors, false-queue, and timeouts since around midnight.

Launch is indeed here and it's being felt.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
View attachment 476788

zzz tonight. Don't log off for a break if you are already in. Game has multiple login issues. Bunch of errors, false-queue, and timeouts since around midnight.

Yeah i DC'd to do the dumb patch and gave up after a bit. Oh well. The other shoe had to drop eventually.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Whenever this code appears, it usually means that too many players are attempting to login to Diablo 4 for the first time at once

That'll do it. Well we got our money out of early access more so than we thought.

Hoping it's just a primetime rush thing for launch and the game isn't ridiculously insanely PUBG popular to the point we can't play all week.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Metrics are showing that shop visits increase 500% during massive lag.

• 5Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 5 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
View attachment 476788

Rubber banding pretty badly, and had entire areas of the helltide not available, just couldn't enter them.

Now that it's over, can't teleport anywhere, just sit at a loading screen waiting for it to time out, and hope that nearby mobs don't notice you.

Oh well, was a good night. Buddy finally got through his capstone, we went through my 2nd nightmare dungeon (his first)... our final mob to kill in the dungeon was the Butcher. Was a fun fight, and he dropped the druid Warebear unique for me and a his cleaver as a trophy for my horse. Good shit.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
So if I decided to start whats a good thing to start with. No barb as I always did that in D3. Nothing geared toward the very end game. Leasuirely mostly.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So if I decided to start whats a good thing to start with. No barb as I always did that in D3. Nothing geared toward the very end game. Leasuirely mostly.
Werewolf druid with follower wolves.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't have paid retail price for Diablo 2 in 2000, either.

Friends who are playing are enjoying it, but they said it's probably not worth it for $70 either.

And I can easily afford it. But I'm also not a sucker.
I remember that on the old blizzard boxes the cd key was right on the back of the case. When we were broke 12 year olds we just walked to Walmart and wrote down several cd keys. As Walmart sold it like an audio CD and just had it on a rack.

Then figured out how to just download just download and clone the cd to install the game itself.

Last edited:

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just do the capstone. You don’t have to be 50. I did the capstone at 42, and leveled to 50 in tier 3.
Thanks for the tip. I thought you needed 50 to stand a chance. Did it at 48 with my Minion build. Went pretty easy after all. Its not the best build for sure but I like.

I guess its time to farm some helltide for upgrades.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'd guess that the armor shop will end up going towards non-thematic style skins (ala CoD and every other game pretty much, animal suits, rainbow colors, etc.) rather than p2w stuff but maybe not.
Seeing trannies with naked dildo rainbow suits would be the only thing that would ever make me want to PVP.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck is this capstone buzzword I keep seeing. Are you guys getting degrees from Diablo University?

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
This is absolute horse shit. I'm starting to get the urge to buy this Bobby's cock slurping simulator. But I staying strong. Hoping to last until the 1st season is released and then see how things are.

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What the fuck is this capstone buzzword I keep seeing. Are you guys getting degrees from Diablo University?
From the all knowing Google....

The Capstone Dungeon is a type of dungeon in Diablo IV. Access is gained after the player completes the campaign. After completing the Capstone Dungeon, the player gains access to World Tiers. Capstones are longer and more challenging than regular dungeons.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This thread isn't just about playing D4. There seems to be a discussion about questionable practices within ARPGs and gaming as a whole, which is least partially relevant to D4. This is where someone posts the "STOP HAVING FUN!" meme for I think the third time.

Or maybe that's because the meme is true and people are being faggots.

If you don't want to buy it, then cool. Nobody really gives a shit. No reason to keep updating us that they still don't want to buy it

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Didn't buy it, I might when seasons roll out.

Looks fun if I'm being honest, I just played an absolute insane amount of d3 and got super burnt out on it, I feel this doesn't deviate enough from it to grab me.

Most people I know who play are enjoying it, and that's perfectly fine with me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lilith statues are permanent so starting off with that buff will make a fresh grind much easier. Then you can group with 3 other people and everyone does a dungeon at world tier 1 and you can crush every single one for the aspect and renown in just a few hours. Each person can do a separate dungeon and you get the reward no matter where you are so if everyone splits up it's insanely fast. After that the grind is pretty easy and will only get easier and making alts is also super ez due to the renown and being able to get PL'd crazy fast.
Im not sure I see the point of grinding renown on alts? Am I missing something? You get all the skill points, potion amounts, obol bonuses, and paragon points account wide. So... gold? The golds not even worth it really, since we're already in the millions - which, gold, is shared too.

What Im concerned about with alts is if they dont add anything new, in a meaningful type of way, to a season - Then that shit is just going to be super grindy. I just feel like our characters are just going to level up using the main story (which, thats what - level 28 if you rush it?), then pick up some gear to imprint aspects on, and roll the dice to whether you can do Nightmares that early or not (if you even can?). As farming helltide etc. will, at least for a heavy player, will be mostly done since you'll have plenty of mats to upgrade and socket your gear.
Yeah, lookup Fires of Heaven and request an invite. I think Daidraco Daidraco might've turned off the ability to request temporarily, however.
Ya. I turned it on yesterday and within 10 minutes, already had 50 join requests (max). Maybe after the game has been out a while it wont be so annoying?

But overall, the guild system is something they apparently threw into the game the very last minute. Not a single place in the entire game for your banner, so whats the point of that? You cant organize guild characters by name. So you're stuck having to search through all the people in your guild to find who you're looking for etc. The only way around this mess is to keep the plebs at recruits, and promote people up just so they appear at the top of the list.
Capstone dungeon are "recommended" at level 50 (World Tier 3) and at level 70 (World Tier 4, max). You go through a long, two level dungeon, and fight an end boss(es) on both floors. You do this for World Tier 3, and World Tier 4. You can group up and do them, so it makes it super trivial for a late comer as they can just ask a veteran to take them through it. I took someone through the level 50 capstone dungeon yesterday and did it with them in maybe 10 minutes? Then, later yesterday evening - we grouped up as four and did the level 70 dungeon and .. struggled a little bit, but not really. Im 57, but Booze, Lumi, Vold, etc. are banging out nightmares a hell of a lot more than me, so their paragon power is way the hell up there with their leveled up nodes.

Overall - for those of you asking: The game from a casual perspective is worth the buy. Girlfriend loves the game, even though shes the controller throwing type when she dies. At max level, you'll start to see ALLLL of the quality of life shit thats missing and itll be on you to really see if you can deal with some basic shit (like standard guild functionality up above) being missing from the game. You'll mostly be doing Nightmare dungeons (Greater Rifts from Diablo 3, but with objectives instead of fill the bar), but you'll be doing world bosses, farming helltide events, and .. if you're not cheesing the renown system - that will take you quite a while to do as well. (Even though people are spamming dungeons, the most effective way is to do the side quests for future reference.) Just be warned that there is no real "challenge" or skill to any of the bosses in the game, and its basically just bigger numbers all the way up. Really feels like they put 70% of their effort into shit casuals will love to do, 28% into different builds (as they have a ton of good builds and the paragon board is the real source of power after a certain point). The last 2% into thinking about what the player will do at the very late late part of the end game.

-Edit-
They comin' for your wallet, Brahma Brahma !
Brahma.jpg

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well the lack of actual challenge to bosses in the endgame is a little depressing.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Little QOL for some folks:

Go to the Gameplay tab and turn on Advanced Tooltip Compare and Advanced Tooltip Information. Default is off. You will be able to see more deliniations in switching out gear including properties lost when comparing.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users