Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly the grouping to get credit doesn't surprise me. It was all there in d3 already. You could sit in town, if the group allowed, and get speed kill credits, all the bounties, boss kill credits etc. You never had to actually be in there. People just rarely let you afk like that, would get kicked from the game. Trying to remember d2, I think there were some quest , mainly boss kills, that the same thing happened.

And I will say on your last point, there are some legendary aspects that will give you a big power spike. Leveling scaling or not. Especially in the early game. The later game it can be more about finding a good unique that could change your build or give a power spike. Typical ARPG imo. Paragon board is probably the bigger power gain, as you gain more and more.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
My first day take is: playing this game feels like an AI designed it. It's remarkably generic and uninspired

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I just don't understand why y'all are so hyped for this game. Meh, maybe I'll buy it, maybe I'll enjoy it. I doubt it. But, maybe.

• 2Pathetic
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I just don't understand why y'all are so hyped for this game. Meh, maybe I'll buy it, maybe I'll enjoy it. I doubt it. But, maybe.
Thanks for the update bro. I was very curious.

• 12Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 15 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Angry Harrison Ford GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Really reaching for that Hot Topic / K-Pop crossover gamer market.

View attachment 476876

Associating Halsey with your brand is probably as good of an idea as dating her. Even Trent Reznor couldn't make her music tolerable.

In interviews he mentioned he had to hesitate on a bunch of stuff because everything has to be a TikTok song today. He took the paycheck out of morbid curiosity to see why a pop artist of today would request his help.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If you want to play solo, you're purposefully fucking yourself. Everything about the game is better in a group. Even the aforementioned getting dungeon completion simply being afk in a group while others do it. Having to run to every dungeon is retarded. Events are very cookie cutter. There's about 20 of these, and they simply repeat. It's basically FATEs in FF14, in diablo form + cellars.
So how are you REALLY fucking yourself. I mean if you play this for the single player experience, which I tend to do in these games, and many others like to solo these gams as well, like how exactly are you fucking yourself? From not being the first in some imaginary race? why would I want to be AFK?? I want to play the fucking game, lol. All the other bullshit is just bullshit IMO. every dungeon is like 1-2 min MAX from a fast travel point. And every game has shit thats repeated. It woull be fuckign awesome if every damned event was uniqe, but that shit is not happening.
Combat is almost identical for every single class from what I can tell but I havent played every one so I can't say for sure. But every class has a generator and a core skill. Spam generator, use core skill a few times, rinse repeat. There's not a lot of originality here. It's very slow, boring gameplay, ESPECIALLY on a barbarian. Combined with the fact that EVERYTHING in the game scales with your level, you never really feel like your gear is having any real impact on performance outside of build-enabling uniques. Every other upgrade is there to simply keep up with the leveling curve. While the level scaling is neat, the fact you don't really feel more powerful is very bad and poor game design.
I do agree with you about the combat. For some reason combat in this game feels like a chore. The whole generate, generate, unleash gets fuckign old real quick, and like you said, every class has this bullshit.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Combat is almost identical for every single class from what I can tell but I havent played every one so I can't say for sure. But every class has a generator and a core skill. Spam generator, use core skill a few times, rinse repeat. There's not a lot of originality here. It's very slow, boring gameplay, ESPECIALLY on a barbarian. Combined with the fact that EVERYTHING in the game scales with your level, you never really feel like your gear is having any real impact on performance outside of build-enabling uniques. Every other upgrade is there to simply keep up with the leveling curve. While the level scaling is neat, the fact you don't really feel more powerful is very bad and poor game design.
It's only slow early on. I'm 65 on my rogue now and I am basically the flash on crack. Barbs can get pretty insanely fast as well. I do agree the level scaling shit is garbage honestly. It's convenient in that you're always gaining xp no matter what you're doing but it also makes everything boring and generalized.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Finished 100% map completion and over the last 3 days. All 115 dungeons was brutal monotony.

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's only slow early on. I'm 65 on my rogue now and I am basically the flash on crack. Barbs can get pretty insanely fast as well. I do agree the level scaling shit is garbage honestly. It's convenient in that you're always gaining xp no matter what you're doing but it also makes everything boring and generalized.
Yeah, I like that content is "scaled" for the fact that it allowed me to group with a friend and run through the story/quests with him while still being "rewarded" via drops. But I agree that it does tend to lead to areas feeling "boring".
Finished 100% map completion and over the last 3 days. All 115 dungeons was brutal monotony.
There's no way they force you to rerun all that shit for aspects every season. If they do, there's no shot I'll play beyond the 1st season.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
why is gold even in the game? I'm watching Nugi's post race video and he has over 60 million just from leveling. It's just so fucking stupid to have numbers go so high so early. A naive attempt to maybe combat RMT? Let players have so much that there's no need to buy it? Trading will be hilarious even it kicks in. Wanna buy high end gem or some other shit. Price, 5 billion gold.

• 2Picard
  • 1Cringe
  • 1GreNeg

Xevy

Log Wizard
High level enchanting (rerolling stats) takes millions of gold per attempt. First one on a 65 was 250k. Next one was 1 million gold. That's quite the sink.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
"Omg the numbers are high instead of low, shit game. I want to be level 100 rolling 2d6 for my damage and getting 2 gold should feel like i'm rich."

• 3Moron
  • 3Worf
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 6 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Some of these postings "omg I endured 115 dungeons, no fun" (the game forced you, right?). I wonder how POE ultras manage to play the same boring map 1000 times for a 0.2% chance of a nice item. You guys sure you got the arpg genre right? D4 gives you a ton of various activities after finishing the story and really, don't grind all the shrines, then grind all the dungeons, then grind 500 tree glyphs etc.

• 3Like
  • 1Moron

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you are following some standard build then these bad boys land on you and throw everything off
IMG-20230607-WA0008.jpeg

IMG-20230607-WA0010.jpeg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Bought the game. Guess I'll poke around for a little then actually pick something and start the story/leveling.