Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It booted me mid dungeon..not sure if anyone else. I'll check back later.
Yeah, I got kicked out of the game when trying to enter a cellar, and it seems like logging in is screwed up. Probably everyone trying to get back on. Servers must have shit the bed or something.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
While we wait...

So I am now up to nightmare 20 dungeons @lvl 64. Died twice in 3 dungeon runs. Stun locked in poison both times.

Finally got my first unique for my Barbarian. My whirlwhinds explode!

I've been looking for ANY gear drops with cooldown timers, but just no luck but on one piece.

Game is still fun! Come play!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Didn't original Asherons Call try to address build diversity by having spells numbers scale inversely to the frequency of the population casting them? Or was that just a prerelease idea that didn't end up implemented?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
So, anyone running a Pulverize druid, should I use my Shockwave Aspect on an amulet (giving me 150% dmg Shockwave) while I am still leveling up (just hit 45, have had limited playtime the last week) or should I just wait until I get a Sacred/Ancestral 2hander for the full 200% Pulv damage? Reason I am asking is amulets arent generally updated constantly where-as weapons are. Thinking I should just waste this on a amulet now to start converting over to bear build.

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They seem to do this just before 5 every day the past 3-4 days.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is their desperate strategy to get Dragonflight engagement above a handful of percent for the month.

As long as they log in, it's a metric counted.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So, anyone running a Pulverize druid, should I use my Shockwave Aspect on an amulet (giving me 150% dmg Shockwave) while I am still leveling up (just hit 45, have had limited playtime the last week) or should I just wait until I get a Sacred/Ascendant 2hander for the full 200% Pulv damage? Reason I am asking is amulets arent generally updated constantly where-as weapons are.
Im in my 60's with pulverize build. You're going to cycle through several weapons once you're getting sacred stuff anyways. Then again, when you're replacing everything with ancestral. You want it on your weapon to get the full effect, also. Its kind of ass backwards, as the Aspect will always be powerful, but your Paragon is going to be the main source of power. So even if you only ever found a 190% after using this 200% one - you wont notice the difference in that, but you'll notice a difference in a weapon upgrade. (if that makes any sense)

Im pretty much just following Maxroll's Pulverize guide and.. I can punch well above my weight currently. As there is no need for me to swing as high as I am other than getting a miniscule amount of more exp on the finishing Glyph of the nightmare.

--------------

As a side note - Ive been fretting seeing everyone get uniques all this time. Im pretty sure their drop percentage shoots up significantly in the 15-20 Nightmare range and higher, while also being 62+.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So, anyone running a Pulverize druid, should I use my Shockwave Aspect on an amulet (giving me 150% dmg Shockwave) while I am still leveling up (just hit 45, have had limited playtime the last week) or should I just wait until I get a Sacred/Ancestral 2hander for the full 200% Pulv damage? Reason I am asking is amulets arent generally updated constantly where-as weapons are. Thinking I should just waste this on a amulet now to start converting over to bear build.

I'm playing pulverize druid and still have never even seen a shockwave aspect in probably 1k legendaries. I'm also almost 70 and have gone without it while wearing mostly gear in the L40-50 range so it's not 100% necessary to update your gear if you're able to live/clear efficiently. My bias would be to hold it until you are unable to progress and then drop it on whatever you farm for weapon upgrade.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't original Asherons Call try to address build diversity by having spells numbers scale inversely to the frequency of the population casting them? Or was that just a prerelease idea that didn't end up implemented?
That's a hilarious idea in concept, would be curious to see any game do that.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Generally, I would put on an amulet unless it's close to a perfect roll. If it's perfect, I'm saving it for the end of days.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm playing pulverize druid and still have never even seen a shockwave aspect in probably 1k legendaries. I'm also almost 70 and have gone without it while wearing mostly gear in the L40-50 range so it's not 100% necessary to update your gear if you're able to live/clear efficiently. My bias would be to hold it until you are unable to progress and then drop it on whatever you farm for weapon upgrade.
Wish I could toss ya' some. I'll have to pay attention to where I get the next one, as Im pretty sure Aspects are region and/or dungeon specific (based on a hunch.)

On a separate note - heres something that I adamantly believe. After going through this shit with New World, not knowing if stats are working or not - Im a firm believer that "something" is fucked up with Resistances.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
But longer time to do what? Finish a game that's designed never to be finished? Reach the end game? Isn't the main purpose to have fun, and people will have different definitions of what fun is?

For example, I'm playing coop right now with my girlfriend. She cannot pass up a chest without opening it. She likes to break everything. She wants to check every-item-she-picks-up to see if it's an upgrade. She loves it when her paper doll changes looks and she likes the outfit. She has to warp back to town to sell/salvage 3x for every one time I have to.

She's having a blast, and she almost never plays video games. I'm having a blast because she's having a blast, even though it's slow going.

On my other character, the one I play solo, I'm having fun just doing things at my pace. I don't group, so yes, I'm behind the curve of almost all of you. But so fucking what? Is there some sort of race I'm not aware of? I have zero interest in Ladder from a competitive standpoint when it releases. I'll get to end game a lot later for sure, but I'm having fun with the journey to that point. I sometimes get the feeling that people who race to the endpoint are the same ones that burnout quicker and more likely to "quit" the game, coming back to repeat the same cycle, versus someone like me who plays slowly but consistently throughout.

Yes of course I do. I mean, you can stay in WT1 forever and level up to 100 in world tier 1 if you like.

You know exactly what I mean by "fucking yourself", stop playing a word game with me because you have a hot take that you like slow going, easy, comfortable pacing in an ARPG. No one said it was wrong. It's just that you're going to limit your build doing so, but there's nothing wrong about it. Just like there's nothing wrong about staying in WT1 forever.

Not once did I say you were playing the game "wrong" or telling you about your own personal playstyle. I simply said you're fucking yourself. It doesn't mean it's wrong.