Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anyone know how the RNG in what is offered by the Gambler and Tree of Whispers? I've had legendary boxes available from the Tree multiple times, but can't see what triggers them. Also, with the Gambler, there are times when it has multiple Sacred gear types offered, but not always. Going to a different Gambler or logging out has no effect on what I see.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Seasons are going to be the exact same as d3

slap a couple of seasonal uniques with ok interactions, bunch of sets forcing you into an even narrower path of character building, call it a day.

the fact they took absolutely no risks with d4 should make this very clear.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Does anyone know how the RNG in what is offered by the Gambler and Tree of Whispers? I've had legendary boxes available from the Tree multiple times, but can't see what triggers them. Also, with the Gambler, there are times when it has multiple Sacred gear types offered, but not always. Going to a different Gambler or logging out has no effect on what I see.
Only thing i've noticed is that the sacred items on the gambler do not guarantee sacred item outcomes. I have gotten sacred items from gambles on non-sacred listed bases and normal items on sacred listed bases. Whether it impacts the percentages on the outcomes I have no clue and that'd require a ton of obols to test properly i'd imagine.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Like a lot other stuff, I save it for when I am tired of Wizard Chores™. Clear out a zone of them, do side quests, etc. Breaks up monotony of dungeon runs, Tree Chores™. By parceling them out, I won't get tired of doing any one thing on The Long Road to 100™.

Or or or... just here me out on this one... let's not have to do fucking "chores" in a goddamn video game, you know the escape type entertainment meant to be a reprieve from fucking chores in the goddamn first place.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

I don't know but the tree of whispers kind of blows asscheeks, you either should be opening your helltide mystery boxes or doing nightmares of gear and glyph upgrades any other activity is a waste of time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Tree leaves (heh) a lot to be desired. There should be an entire interface built for it…I imagine that is coming.
The complaints about the horse seem extremely nitpicky.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Or or or... just here me out on this one... let's not have to do fucking "chores" in a goddamn video game, you know the escape type entertainment meant to be a reprieve from fucking chores in the goddamn first place.
This wouldn't be a Blizzard product if they didn't mindlessly take ideas from other games no one liked and staple them onto everything they pinch out.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I don't know but the tree of whispers kind of blows asscheeks, you either should be opening your helltide mystery boxes or doing nightmares of gear and glyph upgrades any other activity is a waste of time.
Tree of whispers was not bad when you first break into WT3, but yeah in WT4 it’s a waste of time. The fact that at level 76 I still get not only sacred but base gear is ridiculous. Same with obols, seems useless if the gear never goes up to ancestral.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
This wouldn't be a Blizzard product if they didn't mindlessly take ideas from other games no one liked and staple them onto everything they pinch out.
tbf they trademarked the wizard chores (dailies) many moons ago in wow, it's theirs to shove it up our asses whenever they please.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't really get the point of Tree Chores.

There are two incentives to clear every dungeon already, so how is having random ones reward extra helping direct me to meaningful gameplay activities?

The other tasks are fine, it feels good slaughtering 100 goons for a bonus, but maybe just drop the bonus right then and there instead of making me do 9 other chores then drop it off at the tree. Like maybe each one guarentees a gem drop?

There hasn't been any thought put into all these little tasks, events are the same thing.

Like I keep getting the "kill enemies next to 3 pylons" event. I enjoy it, but it's always the same. How about varying the number and redius of pylons? Maybe sometimes it's one small pylon and the enemies drop fire/poison on the ground to interfere rewarding survivability, maybe sometimes it's 8 large ones but you only get enough enemies to fill 5 so you need to kill them where the circles intersect, rewarding kill speed/precision. Maybe sometimes the circles appear over time and are far apart, rewarding mobility.

I pulled that out of my ass in 3 minutes and it's using in game assets/code only.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Because I'm hanging with people who tend to be completists I'm level 51 and still haven't started the story mission for Act III lol.

It IS a great time to hang out with your friends, however, so I'm okay with this.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Because I'm hanging with people who tend to be completists I'm level 51 and still haven't started the story mission for Act III lol.

It IS a great time to hang out with your friends, however, so I'm okay with this.
Rip, you’re gonna be spending the rest of the acts getting almost no exp

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Nice little Easter Egg if you go to this location...

aaa.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Because when you grind headhunter you get headhunter. You aren't forced to grind some stupid shit that doesn't reward you just to open up the game to grind more.

I think that's the problem with it.
So renown is just an unlock system with no direct rewards?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
822 + 25 is ilvl cap now. At lvl 85 ilvl822 can begin to appear on the vendors and they're worth it to check every hour.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So does the cap just go up with player level? We should know what the level 100 cap is by now