Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oof. I dont think high res textures will make that double chin any better.

1686775055498.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's found his hill to die on. He went silent for a while, after all the doom and gloom prior to release.
Total bottom line sales projection was around 18 million. So even by generous estimates this was never expected to beat D3.

If it does, then it's overperforming.
Oof. I dont think high res textures will make that double chin any better.

View attachment 477976

Why I went male for druid. The female barb and druid are just blegh.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ooh this is so they can get Melissa McCarthy to act in their live action movie!
Please never. Live action is 99% always bad.

Put that money in a good story driven rpg instead. Though even that will be ruined by politics. So nvm, just buy another yacht or two.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Lol Quin69 just died in what has to be the most bullshit way I've ever seen in ARPG history. He cleared a dungeon, was perfectly fine and alive and inside the invuln bubble. He got dc'd when he ported back to town and when he came back he was dead. Nice game blizzard! Rip level 91 druid. This is honestly one death I wouldn't be surprised if blizzard undoes because it literally can't get more bullshit than that.

Last edited:
  • 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol Quin69 just died in what has to be the most bullshit way I've ever seen in ARPG history. He cleared a dungeon, was perfectly fine and alive and inside the invuln bubble. He got dc'd when he ported back to town and when he came back he was dead. Nice game blizzard! Rip level 91 druid. This is honestly one death I wouldn't be surprised if blizzard undoes because it literally can't get more bullshit than that.

There is a bunch of clips of players dying in HC to lag, DCs etc. I dont think any of them were undone. iirc that guy who hit 100 first in HC lost his level 100 due to DC/lag.

Why I would never play HC in a game with online as a requirement.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
There is a bunch of clips of players dying in HC to lag, DCs etc. I dont think any of them were undone.

Why I would never play HC in a game with online as a requirement.
Ya but this isn't even lag or DC really. How can he die when he cleared the dungeon and is inside of an invulnerability bubble? That's just a blatant game breaking bug. But ya playing HC is completely fucking retarded. IMO it's the worst aspect of this entire genre by an extremely large margin.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya but this isn't even lag or DC really. How can he die when he cleared the dungeon and is inside of an invulnerability bubble? That's just a blatant game breaking bug. But ya playing HC is completely fucking retarded. IMO it's the worst aspect of this entire genre by an extremely large margin.

I have had isntances where there are still mobs alive after a boss/objective complete. The bubble goes up on dungeon end(Either boss kill or objective complete), but the mobs will stay there and they cant damage you. So if you TP to town, but it never goes through cause of DC and it leaves you there with the monsters. Is that bubble timed? I have never stayed long enough to find out.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I have had isntances where there are still mobs alive after a boss/objective complete. The bubble goes up on dungeon end(Either boss kill or objective complete), but the mobs will stay there and they cant damage you. So if you TP to town, but it never goes through cause of DC and it leaves you there with the monsters. Is that bubble timed? I have never stayed long enough to find out.
Not entirely sure, I've never seen it disappear myself. There weren't even any mobs up around him but he did have that lightning thing that follows you around so I guess that somehow killed him.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
IDK why people treat these games as races all the fucking time. Picking up everything yellow or better, going through it and dismantling ot selling it, takes like 5 min even if it takees a portal mid dungeon, like why not?
I’ve had 5-6 nightmares reset on me doing that. I no longer risk leaving the keys mid run anymore. I start dropping sacreds on the ground at that point.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Was having some terrible performance after one of the recent patches and the following worked for me:

Go into the blizzard launcher and under the apps tab in settings, check to see if browser hardware acceleration is enabled, if it is turn it off.
Thanks for the suggestion! But it was off already 😑
I'll post if I find a solution or it resolves itself

Xevy

Log Wizard
You get 2 sigils on average for every nightmare sigil over 20. I've literally left them on the ground at this point because I have two tabs and an inventory full of them. Losing one because you d/c is whatever, but I've lost 20+ easily just due to space constraints. That's not counting the 50+ I've dusted because of bad affixes/layout/lower than desired tier.

Also fuck I'd rather the autosort have options for sigil by name rather than tier region then tier. I'd like to know if my group has to do less bullshit resetting by running the same dungeon over and over more than I'd like to see if it's tier 38 or 31. ESPECIALLY with the actual game breaking group dungeon split bug which makes you go to the entrance of the dungeon and get together before actually popping it and entering. I've lost a good 5 sigils to that bug.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I haven't done nightmare sigils yet, just got my first ones last night.

I know they turn a regular dungeon into a nightmare version, better drops, etc.

The "losing sigil to D/C" thing has me curious though.

Are people popping the sigil, and then running to the dungeon? I always thought I would run to the dungeon first, then pop it outside the entrance. Seems like this would give a much smaller window in case of a D/C.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't done nightmare sigils yet, just got my first ones last night.

I know they turn a regular dungeon into a nightmare version, better drops, etc.

The "losing sigil to D/C" thing has me curious though.

Are people popping the sigil, and then running to the dungeon? I always thought I would run to the dungeon first, then pop it outside the entrance. Seems like this would give a much smaller window in case of a D/C.

I pop it then run, because it shows on the map where it is. Rather not search through the dungeons looking for the one that matches the sigil I have. Sure its not an issue if you know them all by heart and where, but I am not even close to that.

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
In a group, you generally do this with all members there because if you don't it can bug out and kick "late" players in/out of the dungeon or split the dungeon 4 ways with 4 instances. However, as a single player you can just click it and open map and it'll tell you which dungeon it is because their map doesn't have a dungeon find feature (lul) which can be helpful rather than scouring the map for 30 seconds. Like I said, after a certain point they're about as worthless as most legendaries you find so it's a non-issue. Annoying perhaps, but definitely not in the top 25 things I'd work on first.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
This shouldn't even matter. Shield was up, he completed his TP and had a load screen. So we're under the assumption that being in the load screen keeps your character there and killable? Seems kind of game breaking if so. I'd agree with you about maybe the shield goes away after some time or something, but he successfully completed his TP.

• 1Truth!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This shouldn't even matter. Shield was up, he completed his TP and had a load screen. So we're under the assumption that being in the load screen keeps your character there and killable? Seems kind of game breaking if so. I'd agree with you about maybe the shield goes away after some time or something, but he successfully completed his TP.

Because if you DC'd mid teleport or such, its 50/50 if a game saves you at the new spot or old spot. I've seen both happen in online games.

It's the same reason people alt f4 in this game, or are quick to leave game, but still die. You can't cheese and get out of a death that might of been your fault. And the negative side of it is on a natural DC, you are still there in world dying. Can argue either way, allow the cheese to protect DC, or dont allow it and thus DC might be death too.

None of it is game breaking, i consider it all part of risk from playing HC in an online game. And every single one of them should expect or know it going in.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In a group, you generally do this with all members there because if you don't it can bug out and kick "late" players in/out of the dungeon or split the dungeon 4 ways with 4 instances. However, as a single player you can just click it and open map and it'll tell you which dungeon it is because their map doesn't have a dungeon find feature (lul) which can be helpful rather than scouring the map for 30 seconds. Like I said, after a certain point they're about as worthless as most legendaries you find so it's a non-issue. Annoying perhaps, but definitely not in the top 25 things I'd work on first.

The Blizzard apologists are out in force today. "Well NM sigils a main end-game feature is trash, so it's OK". You can't make this shit up. They sandbag their own game trying to sweep live service QoL under the rug.

You see the signs of the bullshit in this thread.

• 1Midwit
  • 1Salty