Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

SeanDoe1z1

First play through am doing a marksman rogue,

Pretty bland. Appreciate the polish. Not disappointed i bought but so far can tell unless some major rework no way in hell I’ll devour 1/50th the time I did as d2/d3

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I don't mind overworld density. Considering almost every time you experience it, you are running from one spot to another, or doing a quick sidequest(which I have never had a mob amount for, yet)). What I would like to see higher density in is all dungeons, and obviously crank up nightmare dungeons. There is a still a lot of running around with nothing to kill in these places. Which is kind of sad for things that only have 1 level now.

Also event density could go up. And helltide.

Helltides aren't bad if you are in an area that is event to event close by. You can knock out your 4 Mystery chests in about 35 minutes. Probably faster but you have to wait for the 2nd chest respawn. Still a bit more density in the open wouldn't hurt.

Dungeons could use a little but honestly once they add the fucking straight to NM teleport aside from World Boss or Helltide I will pretend the overworld doesn't fucking exist.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I don't mind overworld density. Considering almost every time you experience it, you are running from one spot to another, or doing a quick sidequest(which I have never had a mob amount for, yet)). What I would like to see higher density in is all dungeons, and obviously crank up nightmare dungeons. There is a still a lot of running around with nothing to kill in these places. Which is kind of sad for things that only have 1 level now.

Also event density could go up. And helltide.
Yeah, helltide and dungeons is what I really meant. Helltide would actually be fun if it wasn't for having nothing to kill

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Helltides aren't bad if you are in an area that is event to event close by. You can knock out your 4 Mystery chests in about 35 minutes. Probably faster but you have to wait for the 2nd chest respawn. Still a bit more density in the open wouldn't hurt.

Dungeons could use a little but honestly once they add the fucking straight to NM teleport aside from World Boss or Helltide I will pretend the overworld doesn't fucking exist.

Helltides seem hit or miss to me. Sometimes I get great density, just a swarm of mobs in all directions, then other times I run 2-3 screens to find a mob pack. And yeah i try to do events, cause usually you get good mob density from them. Though if a boss spawns, or that stupid bug boss that roams around, I just run away.

Considering its an corruption in those 2 areas for 1 hour and happens every other hour, I would like to see it more of an invasion of mobs. Who cares if players get cinders quicker.

The one thing about d3 GRs and more so for the open map ones, was just huge groups of mobs. The only times you were really moving with nothing around was at the start or the end of a level. Especially as you got into the higher tiers. You know you have good mob density when you would lag your game trying to calculate all the damage over that many mobs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The map as a whole being just a labyrinth of small paths with very few plains/large areas is fucking annoying as fuck as well.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly I think the best thing they could add to this game is a grouping system similar to D3. Unless you know people, it is impossible to get any kind of group. I /boggle at how this was not added right off the bat. I have soloed to 68 with a necro and have found it wanting a bit as W4 still has areas that one shot me easily. Also the CC abilities of the elites has reached the annoying stage.

They made a game that is for grouping at the high end(XP is so much better along with drops) but did not think to carry over the system D3 had?

I want to finish my renown(4/5 now) and then I might change to Druid just for the movement and CC break abilities. I have put some time into this game so I do easily feel like I got my monies worth already.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Are you fucking dumb? The skill points come naturally. Even from renown.

As in, the effort required to get them is practically non-existant. You'd get that much renown from natural gameplay even not paying attention to renown or even knowing it existed. Most people get all of the points before they even finish the main story. You dont have to go out of your way to get them. So yes, that's some "renown" but I'm talking about renoun grinding, as in working toward all the paragon points. That requires significant more effort.
Getting the paragon points definitely takes some grinding.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Density doesn't need to come up if they sufficiently adjust the EXP per mob amounts. I also like that they're somewhat "standardizing" density so people are free to run whatever shit appeals to them without having to pay attention to MOST EFFICIENT!!?!@#*$#* as much. They implied they'd look at density after they release the exp adjustments first.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The best way I could put it to a PoE player is that Blizzard went and made the game Chris Wilson has been talking about for the last decade. With just about as much on-death effects as a PoE vet would expect. It's slower. Rares are interesting. Major barriers to trading. On-death effects are just as deadly but more subtle (no giant storm call rings on the ground). Granted, now that I can freeze and shatter entire screens of lvl100 mobs none of that matters. The game was pretty painful before the right items dropped/rolled for my build at lvl 70 or something.
That sounds like an almost endorsement.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
That sounds like an almost endorsement.
As long as all the season content goes to the eternal server and I don't have to do any of the grinding I already have then it is worth it. I'm not sure I'll do season content if I have to reroll PoE style. My understanding is that the lead had said that the eternal would be getting everything at the same time so I hope that remains. The pacing is still slower than I would like but it's acceptable.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Level 85 is the halfway point to level 100 in terms of xp.

sundogreverse.jpg

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are you fucking dumb? The skill points come naturally. Even from renown.

As in, the effort required to get them is practically non-existant. You'd get that much renown from natural gameplay even not paying attention to renown or even knowing it existed. Most people get all of the points before they even finish the main story. You dont have to go out of your way to get them. So yes, that's some "renown" but I'm talking about renoun grinding, as in working toward all the paragon points. That requires significant more effort.
I finished the game last week and I'm only grinding out the skill points now by getting the statues. I'm missing one at the moment. Exploration+waypoints+strongholds+statues just about gets you there.

It would have taken ages to get them via passive dungeon progress and stumbling into statues etc via doing helltides or whatever, this is a weird point you are making.

Chris

Potato del Grande
If you are going to give one word answers, it's difficult for me to know exactly what you hvae an issue with. Stop being a salty cuck.

The numbers on aspects from dropped gear are higher than numbers from imprinted ones. Not all aspects are available from the codex.

This adds a barrier to equipping upgrades and feels bad. Maybe this is just an issue with Rogue, but there are a few different combos I would like to try that need specific non codex aspects, like the one that dazes vulnerable enemies on lucky hit and knocks them down on crit - creating a stunlock.

Aspects should be equipped to the skill tree and upgraded like glyphs on the paragon tree.

• 1Moron

Fucker

Log Wizard
If you are going to give one word answers, it's difficult for me to know exactly what you hvae an issue with. Stop being a salty cuck.

The numbers on aspects from dropped gear are higher than numbers from imprinted ones. Not all aspects are available from the codex.

This adds a barrier to equipping upgrades and feels bad. Maybe this is just an issue with Rogue, but there are a few different combos I would like to try that need specific non codex aspects, like the one that dazes vulnerable enemies on lucky hit and knocks them down on crit - creating a stunlock.

Aspects should be equipped to the skill tree and upgraded like glyphs on the paragon tree.
Not everything should come from a vending machine. Pay attention to the drops and save them.

• 1Picard

Fucker

Log Wizard
First play through am doing a marksman rogue,

Pretty bland. Appreciate the polish. Not disappointed i bought but so far can tell unless some major rework no way in hell I’ll devour 1/50th the time I did as d2/d3
Yeah, pretty bland till later in the game. My character just got interesting at level 60. Glyphs starting to work a bit, finally getting decent drops for gear.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Outside of you thinking "What?" is an answer and not a question, and that I literally quoted the one line I was questioning, you don't seem to have any idea what you're talking about and are completely fucking retarded

• 2Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
One of the best ways they could QoL the aspect system, and still kinda keep their vision is to have all extracted aspect update the board, and become infinite use. So the dungeon completion will reward you with the minimum, and every time you exact something better, it updates to those numbers, for the whole season. The "rare" non-dungeon aspects can stay drop only, but still get put in the book when you extract them.

Right now, the penalties for switching specs is fucking dumb, and it looks like half of it is done so they can remove them in future seasons to say they are doing something. I can't believe that it would take more than a few hours for them to put in a way to save loadouts and add up the costs of changing the nodes into one button press. Bone spear might be fine for indoors, where there are close walls to bounce off, but fuck that noise for helltides, where I want pets with black pools of shadow and blizzard everywhere.

The aspect system is an issue with repecs too. I wanted to try a pet free sever build, to see if it was faster, but the gear/stats were the same, so 3 or 4 items from the pets build had aspects that needed replaced with shadow/defense. I put new aspect on those items, but found the difference wasn't enough to justify dancing around, while mobs chase me. More so, since the bonespear build requires that, and does better damage. I wanted to go back to pets, but I had perfect rolled aspect for pure sever build that I would need to overwrite to do it.

I also wanted to try out a blood build, but I would need to replace a bunch of aspects or spend hours farming usable yellows. Instead I decided I am done with necro and this game until seasons start (if they look good, and I don't have anything else to do).

Last edited:
  • 2Like