Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Apparently my character can alter reality as NPC shadows change depending on my orientation to the NPC and not nearby light sources.

View attachment 478862

Yeah there's a lot wrong with the shadows, I didn't notice it until I zoomed in to take a screenshot in a really nice looking area. Then adjusted my character because I liked the shadow but wanted to change his facing... and the shadow spun around with him, lol.

The ray tracing update I presume will be what fixes all of this.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Uber Lilith is in a dungeon by herself, not the boss of a nm100 dungeon, unless there is another version of her than the t4 capstone one?

Oh is it? My mistake then. I thought it was the end of a nm100 dungeon. So its just a boss you go to somewhere?

If that is the case, then yeah I could see more added. Still have to be close to 100 or be 100 and in your good gear to get that down, at least as far as my reading says.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Oh is it? My mistake then. I thought it was the end of a nm100 dungeon. So its just a boss you go to somewhere?

If that is the case, then yeah I could see more added. Still have to be close to 100 or be 100 and in your good gear to get that down, at least as far as my reading says.
Yep she's just the only thing in the wt4 capstone dungeon, I popped in there earlier to check it out thinking maybe there was a lower than lvl 100 version since the dungeon doesn't specify level 100 but it was the level 100 waiting for me in there.

Has anyone downed her without abusing whatever things people have been abusing for ridiculous damage yet? The youtube video I watched of Empyrean doing her he seemed to consider his method both times to be abusing things (possibly bugs) that gave ridiculous damage.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So I have to assume other bosses will just be at the end of higher tier NM dungeons. Thus always making you go through that loop to do them.
A "loop" of endgame content to unlock bosses you say? Where have I seen this before..

Steve Martin Idk GIF

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A "loop" of endgame content to unlock bosses you say? Where have I seen this before..

Steve Martin Idk GIF
Eh, seems I was mistaken anyway. As you can just go to that boss. No loop needed.

Which imo is good, I would rather have non NM dungeon activities, then everything go through them.

Will be curious if stays as an endgame boss you do, or more of something you do once and then do not do again(unless to help a friend).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Anyone paste this shit here yet?

The DMG bucket spreadsheet...Basically the Yellow, blue and dark orange are all multipliers, and the rest, the gray, are additive. So while additive shit is OK, you wat as much of the yellow and orange and blue as possible on a build for that 10X dmg.. Basically if a weapon or earning has all gray shit on it its trash. You want at least 2 of the yellow like vounerable and crit dmg and maybe one gray on a weapon or else its trash regardless of the DPS.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah was in the video pages back or so, about how to increase your damage. So much additive crap.

It's good info to know though. And the spreadsheet is easier/faster to get info from.

I hate injured/healthy stuff, since it just covers a small portion harder mobs.

Gonna watch people switch out items mid big fights just for certain things. Put on healthy to start, then switch to injured when its low. Or even swap in "to CCd/stunned" if you notice the bar getting close etc. Like that sorc video from last page, he swaps weapons and an armor slot prior to stagger.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Was thinking, how many people do you think are playing where this is their a) first Diablo game or b) Diablo + ARPG game.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well I never played D2 or much of D3 although I did play it a bit. Most of my arpg experience is from Grim Dawn and POE.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wouldn't be shocked that its a decent amount, given the marketing budget they put into it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Was thinking, how many people do you think are playing where this is their a) first Diablo game or b) Diablo + ARPG game.
Judging by the comments in this thread? A LOT.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Anyone paste this shit here yet?

The DMG bucket spreadsheet...Basically the Yellow, blue and dark orange are all multipliers, and the rest, the gray, are additive. So while additive shit is OK, you wat as much of the yellow and orange and blue as possible on a build for that 10X dmg.. Basically if a weapon or earning has all gray shit on it its trash. You want at least 2 of the yellow like vounerable and crit dmg and maybe one gray on a weapon or else its trash regardless of the DPS.

There was a time when itemization wasn't gay as fuck. I miss those days. Simple to understand, clear bonuses, don't need a spreadsheet to plan out boring generic values of random shit.

s-l960.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
There was a time when itemization wasn't gay as fuck. I miss those days. Simple to understand, clear bonuses, don't need a spreadsheet to plan out boring generic values of random shit.

s-l960.jpg
Buckets, man. Buckets.

No other game has buckets, therefore this game is clearly of a superior design.

Buckets.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

s-l960.jpg

Simple sure, but boring as fuck too. Honestly its a tale of 2 extremes imo. One is too boring, and one has too much crap.

Where is the nice middle ground.

THough I will say, give me items with life/mana(resource) leech again. Especially the latter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
Shelved my Barb for now (55). I leveled as Rend, and recently switched to HotA, not interested in WW. Really paying attention to upgrading gear etc, but the thing that has been bothering me is just how long it takes to kill things. Dying isn't a problem, just seems like way too much effort needed for the "fun" I'm getting out of it.

The first 20 or so levels went by pretty smoothly (though not super fast), but I really started to notice it around level 30ish and it hasn't gotten any better. Only other class I have is a 30 Druid, and it felt about the same up to that point. Not concerned so much about leveling speed, drops, or even the mob scaling, but TTK is definitely not floating my boat for an ARPG.

Anyway, decided to try a Flurry rogue, as I really like the look of the playstyle, and the main reason for this post.

The only advantages the Rogue has, is some more game knowledge on my part and 5 more skill points to start, but it's NIGHT AND FUCKING DAY. I'm running the campaign again just to add some context to the journey, and fast approaching 30 on just my second sitting. I'm screaming through dungeons, just melting mob packs and Elites, and not even looking like I'm in any real danger. The overworld is a joke on this character, large mob packs get vaporized in a few button presses, and Elites don't take much longer. Even southern zone mobs a dozen levels above me haven't been an issue, no WAY that would have worked on the Barb.

That is some really fucked up class balance Blizzard, but I sure hope it continues, because now I'm actually having fun.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
I'm burned out folks.
Simple sure, but boring as fuck too. Honestly its a tale of 2 extremes imo. One is too boring, and one has too much crap.

Where is the nice middle ground.

THough I will say, give me items with life/mana(resource) leech again. Especially the latter.
Heh, I think 90% of the items I've found in D4 grant some sort of barrier lol. It's gotten to the point where I'm not even excited when I see one drop as they are almost always dumb. Even D3 had cooler effects.

Hell Rifts are basically a run around fest then pop a chest and get 3-4 legendaries.... Real exciting.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its probably class based. I hardly see any barrier stuff on items. But almost everything has werewolf or werebear stuff on it.

Not sure I agree with the d3 thing. Too early to tell, but legendary wise its basically the same. You have general powers, class specific powers , utility powers, resource powers etc. The bigger difference is unique items, where some of the more defining powers seem to be held. And with d3 you had set items, where 80-90% of a characters power(both offensive and defensive) came from. Not to mention some of the more skill changing/class changing bonuses.

And you basically just described arpgs in general. You run around killing shit for drops and pop a chest/boss at the end for more drops. Rinse and repeat. There is a reason I can only play them for short stints on and off.

Edit:

On a completely unrelated note. I wonder if the cow level is actually in the game or will be. Was watching this:
Curious to see if it actually is, leads to something else, or just pointless data that ends up going no where.

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yep, that's just arpg's (and most MMOs too). That's why I hate just copy pasting some "best build" that someone posts and when content is balanced around said builds, because if I don't have fun playing it then I get bored a lot quicker than if I can actually kill stuff with builds I find fun to play.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Rather than read the next 3 pages I'll reply as if it's not answered, but t4 is more of the same unless you push it early. I did so with my druid but it was a lot of fun doing it before but after the first round of ancestral upgrades things just started falling over just as easily. That challenge only remains as I push nightmare dungeons now. Druid is now 75 doing tier ~38 nightmares w/out much issue. Got my barbarian to 50 last night and was carried through the first capstone. I've been running a HotA build. I got a 2h rupture unique I've started messing with... blood everywhere is a lot of fun but not super effective. Probably give in and go whirlwind soon just to try it but for whatever reason I've resisted that since it's all I've seen others playing.
HotA looked interesting, but this is launch, so I wanted something solid to give me a good look at at least 70-80ish before S1. I honestly have no idea what class I'll even play, but I have a good grasp on everything now.

I keep hearing capstone is easy anyway, not gonna hurt to try it and see what T4 is like at 60 if I succeed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user