Karazhan Raider
We’ve got a spin-off guild for overflow if lemonparty is full, Tubgirl

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I will agree that adding an "open world" without going full Lost Ark with it is just weird. Maybe there are some major things planned for S1+ to take advantage of it, but otherwise it seems insanely pointless to have spent time developing it.

But we got to go swing fire on ropes in the desert and make videos of it 5 years ago. Never mind the fact that we're adults with an audio recording studio and there was never a need for this expense. Also what about the hundreds of hours of voice acting we put in that nobody will ever bother listening too.

We added roadblocks to force you to look at these bushes and not run past them.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its not even an open world, its a bunch of corridors that connect to each other, lol.

1687816700826.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I like the overworld. Helltides are cool, spontaneous events are cool, running into other players is cool. You could do some of that with just really clever instancing, but most of it requires an overworld. And the pvp zones are very fun.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I like the overworld. Helltides are cool, spontaneous events are cool, running into other players is cool. You could do some of that with just really clever instancing, but most of it requires an overworld. And the pvp zones are very fun.
PVP is hit or miss. I went up against another pulverize druid and we just sat there doing the same shit over and over for about a minute until we just walked away from each other. lul Saw a video of two Werewolf Tornado druids going at it for almost twice as long until one of them finally died.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
PVP is hit or miss. I went up against another pulverize druid and we just sat there doing the same shit over and over for about a minute until we just walked away from each other. lul Saw a video of two Werewolf Tornado druids going at it for almost twice as long until one of them finally died.

salute-jerk.gif

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Nah, it's just alot of people who have zero clue what an aRPG is, let alone a Diablo aRPG. They think this thing is an MMO that they should be logging on everyday for the next 5 years with the same character. They can't wrap their brains around the normal aRPG seasons concept, so we see hair pulling and the gnashing of teeth.

Then you get the people like myself, who are pissed because the game is optimized for shit, and many of us can't even play but want to.

Then you have the autistic META clowns who complete everything, hit 100, and have 300+ hours played crying that there is nothing to do.

When season 1 starts the game will be packed again, and the whole process will repeat itself.
Maybe Blizz shouldn't have pasted on an MMO veneer then?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Lol tell me you guys are trolling that poor noob and you didn’t actually name the forum guilds that haha

• 1Hodjing

Burns

Second the itemization is just boring. It doesn’t make me want to keep playing. It’s just awful.
I think I spent more time evaluating the mountains of yellow drops, to see if they were worthy of turning orange, than I did completing the entire season's journey of the last D3 season I played.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's what I like about the pvp. It's not trying to be super balanced or tuned or anything. You fight people and shit happens. Some fights are over in seconds, others never end. You might die, drop your seeds, and then you can try again. The stacks are low, the pace is fast, and the zone itself is just a super good farming zone with tons of elite spawns and fast event respawns.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's what I like about the pvp. It's not trying to be super balanced or tuned or anything. You fight people and shit happens. Some fights are over in seconds, others never end. You might die, drop your seeds, and then you can try again. The stacks are low, the pace is fast, and the zone itself is just a super good farming zone with tons of elite spawns and fast event respawns.

Enjoy while it lasts, because it’s blizzard so it likely won’t last long

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Also it's been posted a million times before but be sure to use Diablo 4 Helltide Event Tracker and Chest Locations when you are doing the Helltide event so you aren't wasting time trying to find the 175 chests.

I've also personally had pretty good luck getting unique items from nightmare dungeons, but it's a small sample size so I can't say definitively whether or not it's a better rate than open world.

I got 5 uniques in 7 minutes earlier in a tier 35. Three of the bow that is useless to me and two pairs of pentinent both worse rolls than mine.

Daidraco

Level restrictions on just about all Uniques. No one should be surprised at this. Push yourself to kill higher level enemies. Im not going to bang my head against the wall for that type of shit when the Season, something most of us paid for already, is right around the corner.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I like the concept of the overworld, I just don't see a fucking point for it with the current content in the game. Even at WT4, most of my running around helltide areas doesn't have other people pop onto my screen often. And world bosses die in 20 seconds(not that I'm complaning), so it's like...🤷‍♂️

Hopefully they have some cool shit planned and go full MMO-lite with it. Otherwise, it's just such a fucking waste of dev time. So many of those overland zones could've been turned into maps and/or dungeons instead.

• 2Like

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
The thing is is what do you add then to the game? More story hour shit? Or end game? I really feel that in ordeer to make everyone happy you have to cater to the hardcore in some way, because if the hardcore are not playing this and streaming it or playing it, then many would consider this a dead game. Besides we all know what happens when they cater to the casuals, no one ends up being happy, see the latest iteration of WOW. Of course you will never satisfy the hardcore with content drops, but still you have to try. Because even if the casuals of today wil never see it, eventually they will and it gives them a sense of purpose in the game.
Courting the so-called hardcore contingent never involves improving the core gameplay (the primary source of fun), but merely expanding secondary systems, which usually just amounts to additional makework and auxiliary tasks to complete. What a treat that "casuals" can look forward to one day traveling the same long and meandering path without end forged by those degenerates who came before them.

I think you should entirely ignore this bullshit casual/hardcore dichotomy and just focus on creating a novel experience first that doesn't revolve around a slot-machine gameplay loop and implement systems that don't encourage full-blown autistic analysis. You'll still get a lot of streamer attention because they're novelty-seeking attention whores always flitting from one release to the next. Those who stick to a single game long-term aren't even doing you a favor because most of their viewers aren't playing your game to begin with.

It'd also be for the best if more developers just gave up on the fantasy of perpetual renewal via content patches. If your game wasn't designed for natural longevity then it's better for it to die young and leave a good-looking corpse than suffer the fate of EVERY long-running online RPG, which is to invariably grow into an unholy Frankenstein's monster of mismatched pieces that deserves to be put out of our misery.

Of course I don't expect anyone to take this approach so we'll continue to get games like D4.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
And it’s also basically unplayable with how laggy it is

• 1Like

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
i miss demonbuddy for these mundane "choreS" as i call them, but anyway

anyone able to do boost for boost?

or can someone boost me and i will pay you over a weeek with %interest

Lastly if we have some LA enjoyers i have a ton of LA gold, if you wanna boost me ill gladly pay you with that.

Last edited: