Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Why? You know what I do when I play a game that I think is totally shit? I stop playing it. I've had many a game over the years that I just had no fun with and thus ended up with less than 10 hours of playtime. Not very many games where I put in 50-200 hours a week for 1-4 weeks while screaming online about how it's the literal worst game ever in the history of games.

My Barb was a PITA to level. BIG glaring resource issues, janky ass gameplay. Totally unworkable/slow builds. UNTIL you get that one item that ties it all together. UNTIL you get that one skill that lifts a build. 300 hours? It took me that long to get my RoH. Once I got that one piece, I was able to pull all those points out of resource generation, and into you know...skills that fuckin kill shit!

And now? My Barb is as smooth as butter. Fun as fuck. I can now try to get other builds to work because of a single item.

Hell it may take others that long to even realize they are doing it wrong. It took me quite awhile (Didn't bother with beta) to even figure out core stats and "side" stats. Vulnerable windows alone took me 100+ hours to figure out more than likely.

It's the nature of a game with this many options.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else fucked after last patch? I haven't been able to play for more than 5 minutes since a hot fix a while back, but lots are crashing after the 6/27 patch.

I will say it's nice to be miserable with some company at least. LOL

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why? You know what I do when I play a game that I think is totally shit? I stop playing it. I've had many a game over the years that I just had no fun with and thus ended up with less than 10 hours of playtime. Not very many games where I put in 50-200 hours a week for 1-4 weeks while screaming online about how it's the literal worst game ever in the history of games.
So we can't complain if we play the game, and we can't complain if we don't play the game. Got it.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
"I played this game for 300 hours in the past month. Here's my 25 page paper on why it sucks."
“My name is Eyore and I take criticism of class design and balance as a declaration of hatred for the game”

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
If they did a remake of D2 with these graphics and quality of life updates it would no doubt be better.

• 2Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If they did a remake of D2 with these graphics and quality of life updates it would no doubt be better.
Complete skills redesign maybe. D2 is a whole lot of mashing 1 button.

Honestly my only problems with this game are how many trash affixes are clogging up items, and that the Paragon board is pretty boring when it could easily have been a lot better.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Honestly my only problems with this game are how many trash affixes are clogging up items, and that the Paragon board is pretty boring when it could easily have been a lot better.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU HATE THE GAME YOU SHOULD JUST QUIT ALONG WITH UNDEADRETARDTURKEY

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

Whirlwind barb is a 1 2 3 hold 4 combo.

Autoattack can be held down.

It is button mashing still, just with qol upgrades.

Every skill is input friendly. Problem is there are few of them, and despite that a good bunch of them are total shit.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'd point out how 99% of the shit people are crying about is massively more prevalent in d2 than d4 while claiming they want this to be more like d2 but i've done it multiple times and the retard brigade keeps spewing the same lines.

• 2Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
What’s the problem with this?

WoW has conditioned people into thinking they need John Madden (insert john madden feral druid meme pic) rotations to be qualified as a good game. Complexity is ALWAYS better, idiots!

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
WoW has conditioned people into thinking they need John Madden (insert john madden feral druid meme pic) rotations to be qualified as a good game. Complexity is ALWAYS better, idiots!
And the biggest irony of it all is that a main gripe people have is that this game took complexity away from one of the things that made D2 fun- it’s interesting loot and combos.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Only being able to reroll 1 stat when there are that many trash stats is a bit of a downer. Because the reroll is still a blind chance for yep, more trash stats. They should add an enchant currency system and make it 2 changes allowed, not 1. Keep the random blind roll, but make it a farmable currency and take it off of gold entirely.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"da gold cost doubles each time u reroll your 1 stat" has to be the most uninspired trash system ever. No effort at all put into some areas of this game.

As was mentioned before over the last several pages, they were afraid to take any risks. Currency systems are a risk.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Only being able to reroll 1 stat when there are that many trash stats is a bit of a downer. Because the reroll is still a blind chance for yep, more trash stats. They should add an enchant currency system and make it 2 changes allowed, not 1. Keep the random blind roll, but make it a farmable currency and take it off of gold entirely.

There's a ton wrong with the enchant system. The cost ramp is absurd, that needs toned way down. Only two choices (or third choice of stick with current) is pretty terrible with how many total and trash affixes exist. And not being able to target one affix for rerolling of the actual affix roll sucks balls. If I have an item with Crit of 2%[2%-6%] I have to win an astronomically high odds rng roll to have a chance of improving that 2% crit to something higher. Ignoring any bugs involved where certain slots/affixes tend to give you the same affix as one option always.

Chris

Potato del Grande
1) You should be able to replace as many slots as you like with enchanting.

2) You should be able to use items as enchanting mats to give it's mods as replacement choices. Like if you use a +300 life chest with 4 mods as material, you have a 25% chance of the +300 life being a choice.

3) Have more interesting mods so everyone isn't farming the same stats.

• 1Moron
  • 1Picard

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
And the biggest irony of it all is that a main gripe people have is that this game took complexity away from one of the things that made D2 fun- it’s interesting loot and combos.
The interesting loot and combos in a game where 99.9% of players use the same items and the same skills and the 0.1% who don't are just memes?

• 1Moron

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
"da gold cost doubles each time u reroll your 1 stat" has to be the most uninspired trash system ever. No effort at all put into some areas of this game.

As was mentioned before over the last several pages, they were afraid to take any risks. Currency systems are a risk.
Making multiple currencies just adds mandatory boring grinds to acquire said currencies to do the same things you could just let gold do anyways... How is having multiple currencies a good thing?

• 2Like