Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Argarth

On the verandah
I enjoyed the campaign, a lot. Played through it twice now, skipped some of the dialogue second time through, but watched nearly all the cut scenes again, some excellent work there.
Thought Donan and Lilith in particular were very well done. I'll miss that demon bitch.

They left the ending wide open of course. Definitely looking forward to the next story arcs, whether that be in the seasons or expansions.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I have to say the cinematic with Inarius finding and fighting with Lilith has been one of my favorites in Diablo lore. The other one that stands out for me was Baal at the gates of Mount Arreat which was also epic and I've never forgotten. Most of Diablo 2's cinematics were great. I can't even remember the ones for Diablo 3.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also get rid of the dumb decimals on percentages, just round that shit either up or down. It makes looking at 200 items a day tiring.

• 4Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Also get rid of the dumb decimals on percentages, just round that shit either up or down. It makes looking at 200 items a day tiring.
Would you say you are 12.67% or 12.68% less likely to continue to play the game?

• 4Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Ilvl already is pretty much the only thing that matters, even a perfect stated items with a shit ilvl is still a trash ass item.
Really only weapons.

A good ilvl 700 neck is better than an ilvl 800 with useless mods.

Same for armor.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Really only weapons.

A good ilvl 700 neck is better than an ilvl 800 with useless mods.

Same for armor.

Affix bounds increase as item power increases so there’s a calculus to do regarding number and type of useable affixes, but yeah lower level items are very useable outside of weapons.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Even lower ilvl weapons are better depending on the affix and what damage buckets they roll. But don't tell anybody, because "HURR DURR ITEMS SO EZ IN DIABLO 4/10 AMIRITE?!"

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Enjoying the game enough that I'm upgrading from my 5 year old potato this weekend. I figure going from minimum settings, to a system that can play at Ultra will make a big difference, be nice to turn on most/all of the bells and whistles. Likely won't play at max/ultra settings, IDGAF about zomg 1937fps, ray tracing, perfect 4k gaming, high settings should be enough for me. Game seems a memory hog, like most new games, so I'm just throwing 32gb on it (funny it took 26 years to go from 32mb to 32gb ram on my PC, fuck I feel old remembering when 64kb was badass) Easily upgrade to 64 if needed later.

I've been trying to stay away from the game, but S1 could be over a month away, so screw it, I'm playing still. It's a nice in between of D2/D3 and PoE, so I can see myself interested at least a few months, especially if itemization is improved in that time.

I really liked much of PoE, but having to go through all those damn acts every time, and the sheer autism required to do endgame bosses as a SSF player left me unsatisfied. If D4 can pull off PoE Lite I'll be happy. Throw in more crap loot and random stats for all I care, as long as there juicy carrots are tossed out once in awhile too.

I likely killed Baal in D2 over 10-15k times easily, and I usually killed other high level spawns each run too. I'm not that much of a fucking retard anymore, but if the carrots are there, and playing doesn't feel like scratching my balls with a cheese grater at endgame, I'll mindlessly plow through millions of mobs and shit loot, it's relaxing, as long as the game flows well. That's what an ARPG is supposed to be, at least for me.

Really need actual Hell zones/underworld though, and if they saving Big D for an expansion, at least tease some appearances in seasons/updates, kinda like Thanos.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's mathematically impossible on the vulnerable bonus grid I chose since the range expand unlock is needed which requires much higher level NM dungeons.

The other grids boost the shitty damage bucket and I don't need auto vulnerable in my current build, it's for dropping the generator skill later.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's mathematically impossible on the vulnerable bonus grid I chose since the range expand unlock is needed which requires much higher level NM dungeons.

The other grids boost the shitty damage bucket and I don't need auto vulnerable in my current build, it's for dropping the generator skill later.

Maybe go back to that deader than shit Zelda game that Diablo BTFO

Chris

Potato del Grande
Maybe go back to that deader than shit Zelda game that Diablo BTFO
I'm playing FF16 then I'll go complete Zelda. I may play this on my phone im the evenings or try it again in Season 1.

I don't get these comments because I get to play all the games I bought, oh no. You have to actually play Diablo 4, a game people are writing scientific theses on why it's bad.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I don't need auto vulnerable in my current build
LOL imagine thinking this is why Exploit is a good glyph as a rogue.

Range expand requires high level NM dungeons? The fuck are you on about?

Chris

Potato del Grande
LOL imagine thinking this is why Exploit is a good glyph as a rogue.

Range expand requires high level NM dungeons? The fuck are you on about?
You explain it then, sick of vague accusations that I'm doing something wrong with no detail at all, bit somehow I'm still one shotting everything but bosses. Sounds like bullshit.

Anyway you have to level the glyph to like lv15 or something to expand the range it takes stat bonuses from nodes, unless I grind hard I need to be in the higher level dungeons that give more exp.

I could take a strength focused grid which was enough strength in the initial glyph range but then I lose the bonuses from the vulnerability grid making the +vulnerable damage on the glyph a downgrade and the bonus power pointless.

So it'll be a power spike and maybe a build enabler when I turn it on, but I'll be in the mid 70s by then.

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
If you're one shotting everything but bosses, play higher tiers and level up your glyphs faster? Lvl 15 glyphs are trivial to get once you start running ~30+ and only become easier. Items stop being where you get upgrades around lvl 70 for most people because its just perfect rolls and 3/4 bis stats the majority of power anyway - paragon board packs the biggest punch for power level.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
If you're one shotting everything but bosses, play higher tiers and level up your glyphs faster? Lvl 15 glyphs are trivial to get once you start running ~30+ and only become easier. Items stop being where you get upgrades around lvl 70 for most people because its just perfect rolls and 3/4 bis stats the majority of power anyway - paragon board packs the biggest punch for power level.

Normally that would be solid advice, but Chris is a bullshitter who claims to be a Diablo 4 prodigy without actually understanding anything about the game

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

This might be the dumbest shit I've seen you post.

If you arent keepeing enemies vulnerable your build sucks dick, period.

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
Goes beyond that.. Refuses to participate in the content to get range expand and or just put it in another glyph slot with better access to stats required to enable it. Intense.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm running lv21 glyphs but I'm lv66. Occasionally the triple elite packs will one shot me or have ice cc go off under the carpet of magic/elite mobs which can take a little longer to kill depending on mods (extra health).

It's not worth risking hitting the death limit when I have other ways to progress for now.

This might be the dumbest shit I've seen you post.

If you arent keepeing enemies vulnerable your build sucks dick, period.
I'm playing Flurry, everything is vulnerable 100% of the time, that's not why I want the glyph, it's that I have to use a builder to initially apply it. The vulnerability glyph removes that need, potentially freeing up the builder slot.

Goes beyond that.. Refuses to participate in the content to get range expand and or just put it in another glyph slot with better access to stats required to enable it. Intense.
I have it at lv7, it's just not optimal to grind it out while underlevelled. Glyphs do fuck all without levelling them up.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Right. Fuck you guys. I love you all really but this is far enough.

I'm back in.

I'm going to kill Uber Lilith out of spite. Anyone downed her yet?

• 1Pathetic