Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I changed my Sorc to this build from the chain lighting I was running:

Night and day difference, and I don't even have the proper gear yet. You still get instantly deleted sometimes which is very frustrating in Helltides, but you can delete a ton of shit as well. I really don't want to reroll another class till Season 1 so I'm trying to stick with my Sorc. It sucks Chain lighting is so ass. I'm sure they'll nerf ice shards next week to spite me since I caved and went with a Meta build.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Is it possible for someone to hop in my mostly done capstone and help me kill this curator cunt?
Decade#1771

edit: Nevermind. I've got a big fat dick

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Lol. Finally got around to finishing campaign and the game disconnects me in the middle of the cinematic after you beat Lillith. Fucking always online is the stupidest shit.

edit: And it rolled me back to Donan's death scene. This fucking game.

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Lol. Finally got around to finishing campaign and the game disconnects me in the middle of the cinematic after you beat Lillith. Fucking always online is the stupidest shit.

edit: And it rolled me back to Donan's death scene. This fucking game.
I had that happen with that quest where you collect the 2 eyes to get in temple, would DC when I got back to temple, and had to restart the entire quest chain. Happened 3 times in a row during early access.

Got a Buriza Do Kyanon, was odd, had a different name as a rare, and turned into a Buriza when I put edgemasters on it. Not unique of course.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I had that happen with that quest where you collect the 2 eyes to get in temple, would DC when I got back to temple, and had to restart the entire quest chain. Happened 3 times in a row during early access.

Got a Buriza Do Kyanon, was odd, had a different name as a rare, and turned into a Buriza when I put edgemasters on it. Not unique of course.
Buriza is a base item name and not a unique for some reason. Maybe another database error like the sword names being off by one.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
They will wait too long, then make several D5 prototypes which they will scrap, then rush devlopment on the final version.

So 2+2 years for two D4 expansions, 2 years wasting time, 2 years on a scrapped version, then 3 years for the actual game.

This is how long D3 to D4 took plus 2 years for an extra expansion.

Probably a few more years because this is a live service game, they can easily milk that. I'd even cast minor doubt on there ever being an actual sequel. WoW basically killed the Warcraft RTS series. Without it, we would have at least one more Warcraft RTS game now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Probably a few more years because this is a live service game, they can easily milk that. I'd even cast minor doubt on there ever being an actual sequel. WoW basically killed the Warcraft RTS series. Without it, we would have at least one more Warcraft RTS game now.
The live service income has to be greater than the staffing costs + opportunity cost.

With how inefficient Blizzard are, I doubt they can keep staffing costs down for the amount of content they need to keep players interested and spending money.

They will either have too many staff and lose money, or not enough staff and therefore content so players will leave and they will lose money.

We already know they cancelled the second D3 expansion because they didn't think it would make enough money for the cost of developing it.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The problem is that they'll have a lot of lifers on board who don't care about the quality of the season. D3 seasons were shit until recently, but still sparking interest for each season (maybe not from you or me, but in general). They just were not monetizing that burst of interest every three months. Now they are.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The live service income has to be greater than the staffing costs + opportunity cost.

With how inefficient Blizzard are, I doubt they can keep staffing costs down for the amount of content they need to keep players interested and spending money.

They will either have too many staff and lose money, or not enough staff and therefore content so players will leave and they will lose money.

We already know they cancelled the second D3 expansion because they didn't think it would make enough money for the cost of developing it.
Proven time and time again that the second expansion for D3 would have far exceeded any expectations in sales that they had a preconceived notion of.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Proven time and time again that the second expansion for D3 would have far exceeded any expectations in sales that they had a preconceived notion of.
So on top of the other issues I posted, we also have that they have poor forcasting of what will make them money and where their efforts should be directed.

Makes it more likely someone will over analyse a weak engagement number somewhere and cancel the whole thing.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The problem is that they'll have a lot of lifers on board who don't care about the quality of the season. D3 seasons were shit until recently, but still sparking interest for each season (maybe not from you or me, but in general). They just were not monetizing that burst of interest every three months. Now they are.

Thing is the seasons in Diablo 3 weren't worth paying for and as of right now seemed to offer more than the bullshit seasons they want to offer for D4.

They need to fundamentally change some of their item bullshit, rework shit like vulnerability, resistance, and items having a level requirement based on your character instead of off the stats themselves.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thing is the seasons in Diablo 3 weren't worth paying for and as of right now seemed to offer more than the bullshit seasons they want to offer for D4.

They need to fundamentally change some of their item bullshit, rework shit like vulnerability, resistance, and items having a level requirement based on your character instead of off the stats themselves.
Stat based gear would work really well too, since the Paragon Board allows you to pick up what you need.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Which is hilarious because they actually make very little content (as in game assets used to create new experiences), it's all cosmetics, recycled encounters and systems.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why do people think vulnerability/vulnerability damage is a bad implementation?

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Why do people think vulnerability/vulnerability damage is a bad implementation?
I think the issue is that vulnerability is too important; builds are entirely focused solely on vulnerability and those that can't reliably apply it are dead in the water no matter what else they do

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think the issue is that vulnerability is too important; builds are entirely focused solely on vulnerability and those that can't reliably apply it are dead in the water no matter what else they do
You could say the same for crit and you have to roll that on items mostly.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
So... my stash is full of legendary junk.

Not a problem right? Just sell/salvage the poor rolls?

I have no idea what I have because I can't sort the inventory on Playstation or apparently plug in a mouse.

So I guess I have to either guess and potentially lose aspects I need, or manually record what I have to compare the rolls?

How does the game not have a way to manually sort your inventory on console? This is a standard feature other game ls have.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
No, it's random instead. IDK, Vulnerability seems like a good innovation to me.

Yes the problem, as people have literally JUST described, is that because it ISNT random, your build has to be focused around it, otherwise you’re dead in the water because the assumption is you’ll be utilizing it.