Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Point of my first post with his video, was just to show another way to have fun. Point of my second post was to ask you what your point was. You answered that it was related to resistances. Convo over unless you have another point.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Long haired ginger has a weird way of talking that annoys the piss out of me.

must be that underbite. His jaw doesn't close properly which makes his tongue protrude and making him sound like that

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok. This will be my one and only season. I'm not going thru grabbing the renown bonuses again. They need to make it so if you did it for even ONE season, it's permanent.

• 11Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 11 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
The more I think about about this, I am wondering if D4 wasn't Anthemed a bit: Years in the "works" and then rushed out the door with limited actual development time. The disconnect from the game, the terrible loot, the worse uniques, the not hearing feedback in betas, like they had very little down except for the core moment to moment gameplay and then someone told them they were going to launch on X date and then they just pedaled to the metal, and then in the background they have some corp stooge driving everything vis a vis some metrics. "Balance? Endgame? WTF is that? We have SHAREHOLDERS to satisfy!"

It's really hard for me to figure otherwise how you end up with something that ignores the lessons and the features of the previous Diablos, and the current ARPG competitors/market standard and make such stupid mistakes as load a whole players stash into memory when you see them in the world. What purpose does that even serve? They have all of these plans, almost no QOL features, entire game systems broken (Resists FIXED BY SEASON 2! More Stash space coming soon™) at the same time they are nerfing the fuck out of everyone until someone at the top got scared and called down and said "FIX THIS NOW". So many scared faces at that last fireside chat. Zombie Blizzard rolls on, what a CF.

Moment to moment gameplay is fun, game is stupidly balanced and managed and there are core coding/software/database design issues that have to be explained.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The more I think about about this, I am wondering if D4 wasn't Anthemed a bit: Years in the "works" and then rushed out the door with limited actual development time. The disconnect from the game, the terrible loot, the worse uniques, the not hearing feedback in betas, like they had very little down except for the core moment to moment gameplay and then someone told them they were going to launch on X date and then they just pedaled to the metal, and then in the background they have some corp stooge driving everything vis a vis some metrics. "Balance? Endgame? WTF is that? We have SHAREHOLDERS to satisfy!"

It's really hard for me to figure otherwise how you end up with something that ignores the lessons and the features of the previous Diablos, and the current ARPG competitors/market standard and make such stupid mistakes as load a whole players stash into memory when you see them in the world. What purpose does that even serve? They have all of these plans, almost no QOL features, entire game systems broken (Resists FIXED BY SEASON 2! More Stash space coming soon™) at the same time they are nerfing the fuck out of everyone until someone at the top got scared and called down and said "FIX THIS NOW". So many scared faces at that last fireside chat. Zombie Blizzard rolls on, what a CF.

Moment to moment gameplay is fun, game is stupidly balanced and managed and there are core coding/software/database design issues that have to be explained.
I 100% believe since the day this was announced, this game was made strictly due to the reception of Diablo Immortal. It looked awesome in previews and beta but since then everyone seems to dislike it for the most part.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The MeToo leaks said multiple versions of D4 were scrapped up until recently.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's because all these idiots are talentless hacks trying to bend existing game design their betters made to fit the dumb time= fun managed micro tranny spend snowball live service model.

D2 was fun because you ran around and killed things quickly and had slot machine loot with simple bonuses. It was replayable because it was simple, just like a slot machine. D4 is like some weird fucking Mahjong game out of nowhere, no clue why there's pine trees on this tile and whether you can rotate it, please I just want to pull that lever and see the lights.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It's because all these idiots are talentless hacks trying to bend existing game design their betters made to fit the dumb time= fun managed micro tranny spend snowball live service model.

D2 was fun because you ran around and killed things quickly and had slot machine loot with simple bonuses. It was replayable because it was simple, just like a slot machine. D4 is like some weird fucking Mahjong game out of nowhere, no clue why there's pine trees on this tile and whether you can rotate it, please I just want to pull that lever and see the lights.

I think they got quite a few things right. The paragon board overall is a nice addition. The simple talent yet having enough variety tree. The voice overs. The combat etc...

It's the silly shit that are quick fixes that I don't get. How much better would this game be with a match maker? How much better would the paragon board be with a full refund option at a reasonable cost . How much better would the uniques be with allowing people to roll or even having "good" stats for said classes. A horse that doesn't drive like a truck. How much better would it be if you were happy to see goblin knowing he drops...5 million gold? SILLY things that are not even hard fixes just common sense design choices.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Argarth

On the verandah
Echoing much of the sentiment in the last several pages.

Not playing any ARPGs prior to D4 for a long while, so I was open to spending a few dollars. But it feels so undercooked, a weird poorly executed hybrid ARPG/MMO that does neither really well. It ain't finished, and I have no idea where it's going next, so maybe in another year? Who knows.

Back-tracking and picking up rocks in dungeons can suck a dick. I can count the number of dungeons I actually enjoy running now on two hands. I want to move forward damnit! Find some other way to progress me through the dungeon. Density sucks, the overworld is wasted, which is a damn shame to me. etc. etc.

The slog to 50 really annoys me now, and I think it's the Capstones. Now that I've been past them, well into the 70s, I just have no desire to grind through it again. I have this picture in my mind now, that as soon as I hit WT3 on a new character, everything I have is vendor trash (except jewelry), and then again at WT4. So why am I doing it, caring about it at all?

Sure, it's an ARPG, but these milestones feel more like mini-MMO resets to me than ARPG levels. Maybe if it took half as long, or less, and I had MULTIPLE other ways to efficiently grind XP, I wouldn't care. NM dungeons are just not doing it for me. Haven't been able to make it through to the end of the season journey yet, fading fast. Damn shame.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Battlepass blessing XP boost needs to come up to 20% if not 25-30% for future seasons. It's not a blessing thats available when you start leveling either. It comes pre-balanced for the leveling curve we have, which is why there is plenty of room to jack up the blessing reward XP since it'll only boost mid-late game.

Having it set to only a maximum of 12% exp boost is not enticing anyone to get those blessings. Just feels tacky and cheap gimmicky-- not actually something to strive toward, given how vast the leveling 1-100 experience is overall PLUS glyphs. At least put it to 18% possible points for fucks sake. 12% is very much "Who cares".

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I think they got quite a few things right. The paragon board overall is a nice addition. The simple talent yet having enough variety tree. The voice overs. The combat etc...

It's the silly shit that are quick fixes that I don't get. How much better would this game be with a match maker? How much better would the paragon board be with a full refund option at a reasonable cost . How much better would the uniques be with allowing people to roll or even having "good" stats for said classes. A horse that doesn't drive like a truck. How much better would it be if you were happy to see goblin knowing he drops...5 million gold? SILLY things that are not even hard fixes just common sense design choices.

Those things would require the designers of said game to also be players of said game. None of these fucking faggots are gamers at all. That is the biggest difference between Blizzard of old and paint by numbers tranbo developers of today.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ok. This will be my one and only season. I'm not going thru grabbing the renown bonuses again. They need to make it so if you did it for even ONE season, it's permanent.
i don't understand renown and maps.

i log in to s1, and my map is all exposed and my lilith locs are all there from eternal

my wife logs in and her map is like a beginners map w/o any discovers

if i want to waste 10minutes (or get the last reward of drysteppes, etc) i have to use her character to see which liliths we didn't find for s1

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Those things would require the designers of said game to also be players of said game. None of these fucking faggots are gamers at all. That is the biggest difference between Blizzard of old and paint by numbers tranbo developers of today.
it's obvious the fucking devs never played this gay ass game, if they did, they would have keyboard smashed the fucking horse dev

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users