Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
i don't understand renown and maps.

i log in to s1, and my map is all exposed and my lilith locs are all there from eternal

my wife logs in and her map is like a beginners map w/o any discovers

if i want to waste 10minutes (or get the last reward of drysteppes, etc) i have to use her character to see which liliths we didn't find for s1

She has to log in on her eternal char for the servers to register her account wide progress on map and Lilith statues.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crizack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Battlepass blessing XP boost needs to come up to 20% if not 25-30% for future seasons. It's not a blessing thats available when you start leveling either. It comes pre-balanced for the leveling curve we have, which is why there is plenty of room to jack up the blessing reward XP since it'll only boost mid-late game.

Having it set to only a maximum of 12% exp boost is not enticing anyone to get those blessings. Just feels tacky and cheap gimmicky-- not actually something to strive toward, given how vast the leveling 1-100 experience is overall PLUS glyphs. At least put it to 18% possible points for fucks sake. 12% is very much "Who cares".
The battlepass blessing for XP is actually 3%/5%/7%/8%, i also assumed it was going to be 12% it is not.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Think tonight was the peak of S1 D4, me and a friend did the capstone for wt4 and man was it a blast, if they could somehow capture that feeling in future dungeons I would be all-in.

I was lvl 61 barb and he was level 57 necro with a non-meta build, I had to rez him mid Elias battle since his dmg is better than mine but we did it. Took 3 tries but it was so much fun.

Granted, my armor / atk is way lower than it should be and the enemies were all 73ish, but Nightmares dont come close, they are either easy peezy, or straight up impossible and cheap for the most part.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The battlepass blessing for XP is actually 3%/5%/7%/8%, i also assumed it was going to be 12% it is not.

Knowing the team they had it reduced from the preview to 8% for launch as a last minute fuck you.

That'd be consistent given the design decisions made thus far up to season 1.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Think tonight was the peak of S1 D4, me and a friend did the capstone for wt4 and man was it a blast, if they could somehow capture that feeling in future dungeons I would be all-in.

I was lvl 61 barb and he was level 57 necro with a non-meta build, I had to rez him mid Elias battle since his dmg is better than mine but we did it. Took 3 tries but it was so much fun.

Granted, my armor / atk is way lower than it should be and the enemies were all 73ish, but Nightmares dont come close, they are either easy peezy, or straight up impossible and cheap for the most part.
Something about doing the capstones under-leveled is fun as fuck. Did the WT2-WT3 capstone with my g/f at lvl 41ish? Tons of fun and threw our dynamic out of whack. Im doing all the damage as a glass cannon. But shes beefy enough to stay long enough to rez me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Something about doing the capstones under-leveled is fun as fuck. Did the WT2-WT3 capstone with my g/f at lvl 41ish? Tons of fun and threw our dynamic out of whack. Im doing all the damage as a glass cannon. But shes beefy enough to stay long enough to rez me.
Yeah we were definitely undergeared which made it so much more fun, as opposed to being overleveled and it being pretty much the same as everything else.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
"Season Designer". Fucking lol. This is akin to "Agile Engineer" or "Scrum Master". If your developers can't figure out how to make their own game fun moving forward you've already lost the plot.

Outsourcing minor roles as if they are full time positions is idiotic.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to
"Season Designer". Fucking lol. This is akin to "Agile Engineer" or "Scrum Master". If your developers can't figure out how to make their own game fun moving forward you've already lost the plot.

Outsourcing minor roles as if they are full time positions is idiotic.
Well when you pay poverty wages you get people only able to work on simple tasks

• 1Like

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
"I love to design content for games- quests, levels, or encounters. Championing for diversity in the workplace is one of my main goals." The lead dungeon designers linkedin profile. She finished her BA in 2020 and d4 is first place she has designed dungeons :D

• 6Worf
  • 2Pathetic
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Adventure with a Dev? Who the fuck in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to showcase those fucking two? When I think "Adventure with a Dev", I want to see some sweaty degenerate ass motherfucker that is itemized to the Nth degree and is showing us peak fucking gameplay with the new Malignant heart shit. Its no wonder people across the board are being shit canned. Never mind this season has no fucking depth what-so-ever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
If anyone wants to tag along at T4, I am farming wrathfuls. I am getting about 8 or so an hour. No keys needed. I am level 85.

Also this question came up. Best legendary farm? IMO it's still the Helltides. Yes you aren't getting EVERY mystery chest, but if you get five? Is that so bad? NM's are great also, but for strictly legendary farms I still think Helltides.

Also for those that care, the PvP zone in the southwest is excellent for getting a quick 12 or so levels once you clear the capstone to T4. Also it has the greatest concentration I believe of elites at 55-70ish?? or so. Ancestral loot out the ass along with exp.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
"I love to design content for games- quests, levels, or encounters. Championing for diversity in the workplace is one of my main goals." The lead dungeon designers linkedin profile. She finished her BA in 2020 and d4 is first place she has designed dungeons :D

Well, that explains a lot.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Bah. Took two hours, but got it.

image_2023-08-02_110220103.png

• 1Like

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
They apparently filled the lead season designer role quickly so thats no longer up. However they are still hiring senior level designer, lead dungeon designer and activities designer. A very noticable thing in requirements is pretty much everything the previous people did not have - 3+ years of experience and its now a requirement to have experience playing the diablo franchise. Furthermore this is there for all 3 positions: Deep understanding of level design theories and practices. Clearly something the previous people didnt have. Several of the lead design people came str8 out of university with BAs in art and no experience :D

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
They apparently filled the lead season designer role quickly so thats no longer up. However they are still hiring senior level designer, lead dungeon designer and activities designer. A very noticable thing in requirements is pretty much everything the previous people did not have - 3+ years of experience and its now a requirement to have experience playing the diablo franchise. Furthermore this is there for all 3 positions: Deep understanding of level design theories and practices. Clearly something the previous people didnt have. Several of the lead design people came str8 out of university with BAs in art and no experience :D
And you think adding additional requirements/relevant experience to the job posting is going to change anything? They're still going to hire a trans-lebanese furrykin with 3 years of experience playing Stardew Valley.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They are making a mistake hiring FOUR designers in addition to whatever else they already had.

It's just going to be endless corporate politics or yesmanning. Endless meetings.

They need ONE person to design the seasonal mechanic and then a load of programmers to make it a reality.

Too many chiefs not enough indians.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
If anyone wants to tag along at T4, I am farming wrathfuls. I am getting about 8 or so an hour. No keys needed. I am level 85.

Also this question came up. Best legendary farm? IMO it's still the Helltides. Yes you aren't getting EVERY mystery chest, but if you get five? Is that so bad? NM's are great also, but for strictly legendary farms I still think Helltides.

Also for those that care, the PvP zone in the southwest is excellent for getting a quick 12 or so levels once you clear the capstone to T4. Also it has the greatest concentration I believe of elites at 55-70ish?? or so. Ancestral loot out the ass along with exp.

Are wrathful (especially invokers) drops gated behind levels? I hit 66 last night and I still haven’t seen a single wrathful invoker drop. I’ve been in T4 since level 62. I have 3 wrathful hearts that dropped while leveling. How are you getting so many wrathfuls to drop?

Also interesting is I saw the butcher for the first time last night in season 1, while during season 0 I encountered him at least once every 10 levels or so. Not sure why he’s become so rare for me.

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
And you think adding additional requirements/relevant experience to the job posting is going to change anything? They're still going to hire a trans-lebanese furrykin with 3 years of experience playing Stardew Valley.
not the point, its telling for their previous hires.