Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Imagine that will be a hotfix today along with some bans when they track who used it

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Imagine that will be a hotfix today along with some bans when they track who used it

Most people believe it's the first banning Blizzard will do this season.

I agree it falls under exploit and not a bug. The steps required to do it clearly indicate to the player that this isn't allowed and it's an abuse of outside game mechanics to do it.

Part of me thinks there will be no consequences though since its nu-Blizzard and they'll somehow believe it's their fault people could do it.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I absolutely hate this implementation of Butcher. I'm never "oh yay!" it's always "fuck, this faggot again?" Doesn't matter if I'm likely to kill him or not, it's NOT a fun encounter and it takes way too goddamn long.

Yeah its just not fun. But I would consider that par for the course for a lot of developers. Fun seems to be a metric that isn't used as much(if at all).

Be different if the times he pops up and you kill him, leads to a specific reward(that's worth it) or zone every time. Like the vault from d3. Kill butcher and you get to enter the vault. Or god forbid they use some creativity and make a new zone themed around the butcher, that is something like the vault but with a butcher theme. Hell just use some creativity and think of some new thing for butcher. Because atm people see it and just think "damn this idiot again, what a waste of time".

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
It's always about risk/reward, time/reward. Like, if it's high risk, the reward better be good. If it takes a long time, the reward better be good. This is like ARPG 101, Intro to ARPG.

Butcher is gay because you knock off his shield, do like 10%-20% damage to his health bar, then rinse/repeat. Takes too damn long.

Which is ok......IF he actually dropped something worthwhile. Guaranteed legendary doesn't even cut it, since you can kill a treasure goblin in under 30 seconds. It needs like 20% chance to drop a unique, drop 4-5 legendaries like a 250 HT chest, maybe a unique mat that does something cool, like let's you reroll ranges on your item stats.....something.

You know your design is bad if your player base abhors the presence of your content, rather than is excited for it.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah its just not fun. But I would consider that par for the course for a lot of developers. Fun seems to be a metric that isn't used as much(if at all).

Be different if the times he pops up and you kill him, leads to a specific reward(that's worth it) or zone every time. Like the vault from d3. Kill butcher and you get to enter the vault. Or god forbid they use some creativity and make a new zone themed around the butcher, that is something like the vault but with a butcher theme. Hell just use some creativity and think of some new thing for butcher. Because atm people see it and just think "damn this idiot again, what a waste of time".

Butcher should lead to the secret cow level.

There Blizzard, I solved your lead designer problem. Send my checks to my house, I'll work remote.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It requires an aggravated amount of steps to do it. Nobody would stumble upon it unless specifically trying to break the game and exploit.
Lulz:
2023-08-02 14.07.07 www.youtube.com 0a42482b1d3a.png

Obviously it's a ban risk, but WoW has shown the "exploit early, exploit often" moto usually pays off.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It requires an aggravated amount of steps to do it. Nobody would stumble upon it unless specifically trying to break the game and exploit.

Bugs exist because developers fucked up, not because users did. The amount of steps to recreate does not matter in any way.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's always about risk/reward, time/reward. Like, if it's high risk, the reward better be good. If it takes a long time, the reward better be good. This is like ARPG 101, Intro to ARPG.

Butcher is gay because you knock off his shield, do like 10%-20% damage to his health bar, then rinse/repeat. Takes too damn long.

Which is ok......IF he actually dropped something worthwhile. Guaranteed legendary doesn't even cut it, since you can kill a treasure goblin in under 30 seconds. It needs like 20% chance to drop a unique, drop 4-5 legendaries like a 250 HT chest, maybe a unique mat that does something cool, like let's you reroll ranges on your item stats.....something.

You know your design is bad if your player base abhors the presence of your content, rather than is excited for it.
i would rather the treasure goblin just drop lottery gold at least then that shit would be good for a few affix rolls

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They apparently filled the lead season designer role quickly so thats no longer up. However they are still hiring senior level designer, lead dungeon designer and activities designer. A very noticable thing in requirements is pretty much everything the previous people did not have - 3+ years of experience and its now a requirement to have experience playing the diablo franchise. Furthermore this is there for all 3 positions: Deep understanding of level design theories and practices. Clearly something the previous people didnt have. Several of the lead design people came str8 out of university with BAs in art and no experience :D
So im an automotive engineer and imagine if my industry took people fresh from school and placed them intio lead design or engineering positions. BWAHAHHAHAHA

Thats what you get for woke hiring practices. Staff all sorts of positions with "inclusivity" instead of, you know, actual people that have experience in fucking GAMING inddustry. Like holy shit. Im betting a lot of those people never played games or even LIKE games to begin with.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So im an automotive engineer and imagine if my industry took people fresh from school and placed them intio lead design or engineering positions. BWAHAHHAHAHA

Thats what you get for woke hiring practices. Staff all sorts of positions with "inclusivity" instead of, you know, actual people that have experience in fucking GAMING inddustry. Like holy shit. Im betting a lot of those people never played games or even LIKE games to begin with.
Oh I think we know

pontiac-aztek.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

The game is going to keep floundering around until someone that doesnt have a shit IQ steps in to lead it. Most of you have really hit the nail on the head with whats wrong with the game, and thats the Risk vs the Reward. Too many times Ive just felt like shit wasnt worth doing. Butcher is a screaming example - Loot equivalent to a Helltide Mystery Chest would be a start. Even the shit they want, or wanted people to do for the seasons is the same way. What would make me do your stupid ass side quest every season? If it had a guaranteed legendary at the end of that stupid quest chain, and better yet - if each chest you open was an actual fucking chest of loot and not berries. Killing elites for a stronghold should drop loot when you kill them. Not all of them drop loot, why? Wtf? Going into those little intersection rooms between the top and bottom half of a dungeon and beating them, they should have a chest there. The fucking events in dungeons? Fuck me, man. Who thought it would be a good idea to have events that last just as long as the fucking dungeon and reward us with a weak dick chest for getting Mastery on it?

It just boggles the mind that they are that stingy with loot on everything when they have an ungodly amount of gear affixes that could be on the loot.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
The game is going to keep floundering around until someone that doesnt have a shit IQ steps in to lead it. Most of you have really hit the nail on the head with whats wrong with the game, and thats the Risk vs the Reward. Too many times Ive just felt like shit wasnt worth doing. Butcher is a screaming example - Loot equivalent to a Helltide Mystery Chest would be a start. Even the shit they want, or wanted people to do for the seasons is the same way. What would make me do your stupid ass side quest every season? If it had a guaranteed legendary at the end of that stupid quest chain, and better yet - if each chest you open was an actual fucking chest of loot and not berries. Killing elites for a stronghold should drop loot when you kill them. Not all of them drop loot, why? Wtf? Going into those little intersection rooms between the top and bottom half of a dungeon and beating them, they should have a chest there. The fucking events in dungeons? Fuck me, man. Who thought it would be a good idea to have events that last just as long as the fucking dungeon and reward us with a weak dick chest for getting Mastery on it?

It just boggles the mind that they are that stingy with loot on everything when they have an ungodly amount of gear affixes that could be on the loot.
100% agree, they are treating this like they are DI, when they are supposedly two completely separate games. Leave the bullshit gamer retention ploys to the fucking P2W game and let us all have fun.

Even the battle pass is a huge fail, still enjoying the game for what it is, but it could have been SO much better.

• 1Like

Araxen

Maybe they should move Ian over to the D4 team. /s

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Bugs exist because developers fucked up, not because users did. The amount of steps to recreate does not matter in any way.

Having been on the backend of a few emu projects, sometimes all you can do is beg players to behave.

Will Blizzard enforce the TOS and ban for this? Probably not, even though it technically is an exploit and not a bug. Duping items is likely their red line.