Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
God I hate the design of that fight. She really just flies around invincible for like 5 minutes taking shots at you?
There's way more to it, I just cheesed it and skipped all of phase 1 / most of phase 2.

Phase 2 isnt horrible but Phase 1 has these random patterns of waves that one shot almost every build and with adds they can be incredibly unforgiving with such a small timing window to dodge properly.

I didnt give a fuck about the rewards / achievement, just wanted that bitch dead so I can say I did it, both legendaries were salvaged right after, garbage loot.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
There's way more to it, I just cheesed it and skipped all of phase 1 / most of phase 2.

Phase 2 isnt horrible but Phase 1 has these random patterns of waves that one shot almost every build and with adds they can be incredibly unforgiving with such a small timing window to dodge properly.

I didnt give a fuck about the rewards / achievement, just wanted that bitch dead so I can say I did it, both legendaries were salvaged right after, garbage loot.

And there ya have it. Hardest encounter in the game - shit loot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
And there ya have it. Hardest encounter in the game - shit loot.
No doubt, and it does blow they dont give you like a BIS for a first solo kill, but I knew the loot was gonna suck.

Really just came down to knowing I could get her and just needed the right run to come together. Probably spent 15 million in repair bills, still felt amazing for all of an hour or two after :)

Plus, now I can hit 100 and be done until a future season that doesn't suck as much!

Hopefully Starfield turns out to be decent.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No doubt, and it does blow they dont give you like a BIS for a first solo kill, but I knew the loot was gonna suck.

Really just came down to knowing I could get her and just needed the right run to come together. Probably spent 15 million in repair bills, still felt amazing for all of an hour or two after :)

Plus, now I can hit 100 and be done until a future season that doesn't suck as much!

Hopefully Starfield turns out to be decent.

She should drop something crazy powerful like barber level. Who cares if it makes the person OP? They've already accomplished everything, now they at least get a few more hours having fun being OP instead of having zero reason to play at all, and gives actual meaning to grind past level 75.

So zero chance they ever do anything like that

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
She should drop something crazy powerful like barber level. Who cares if it makes the person OP? They've already accomplished everything, now they at least get a few more hours having fun being OP instead of having zero reason to play at all, and gives actual meaning to grind past level 75.

PoE has a set of specific uniques each endgame boss drops, then a process to gain entry to those bosses so you are not just getting endless free legendaries.

Seems trivial to implement:

1) Design one flavourful unique per class for Lilith to drop. Have them be lv50 required so alts can use them since you'll only get your drop 20% of the time.

2) Have Nightmare dungeons drop a currency on completion, one of the currency per level of the dungeon. Then have 500 of them open the door to Lilith.

They don't even need new gear if they want to be lazy, just have one of the existing uniques drop.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Based on the fact D4 doesn't have a single currency system besides orbs/gambling, I can't see them adding any meaningful currency system to the game. I think orbs was their big "risk" they took adding even just 1 currency. D4 design is mainly risk-adverse, and so we shall have no currencies.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Based on the fact D4 doesn't have a single currency system besides orbs/gambling, I can't see them adding any meaningful currency system to the game. I think orbs was their big "risk" they took adding even just 1 currency. D4 design is mainly risk-adverse, and so we shall have no currencies.
On the other hand...

mr-krabs-hello-i-like-money.gif

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

Yeah you aren't lying, would have felt way better, but what do I know?

Chris

Potato del Grande
They can just have a charge meter over the Lilith door to keep track of of it's open or not. Have it also show on the world map.

Easy, easy solutions.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The game really needs a fundamental overhaul on loot from top to bottom, but I don't see that happening.

• 2Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Interesting interview. Blizzard coming out and admitting/saying a lot of what we expected.
With the gingers commentary...
Without...

They pretty much admit they shipped the game unfinished and in beta state. Season 1 wasn't tested and was designed by a different team while the game was still in development. They will design odd seasons while another team will have the even seasons. So, Season 2 will be a different team. They also stated that the majority of the team developing D4 was their first game. Still, listening to them talk blows my mind they allowed this to come out. Almost as if they figured campaign is the game and good enough while the end game can come later.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
We all knew it. So let’s make it official.

• 2Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
HAHAHA

Well...is this a first? 3 months into a 25% off sale?

As shown on Blizzard's official Battle.net site, all editions of Diablo 4
are off by up to 25%, resulting in the following prices (these are
based on the numbers shown in the US shop):
  • Standard Edition USD 54.59 (- 25%)
  • Digital Deluxe Edition: USD 71.99 (- 20%)
  • Ultimate Edition: USD 74.99 (- 22%)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They pretty much admit they shipped the game unfinished and in beta state. Season 1 wasn't tested and was designed by a different team while the game was still in development. They will design odd seasons while another team will have the even seasons. So, Season 2 will be a different team. They also stated that the majority of the team developing D4 was their first game. Still, listening to them talk blows my mind they allowed this to come out. Almost as if they figured campaign is the game and good enough while the end game can come later.

Asinine development process. Shows you have way too many people. Seasons should have 1 team with someone in charge who knows what the hell they are doing(aka experience). Sure you can move people in and out of that team, but the core needs to be solid. Having 2 different teams doing alternating seasons is the dumbest shit. Will I end up just playing team B seasons because they are more fun than team A. Just combine the teams and fire the dead weight.

Team doing future seasons.
Team doing live maintence/fixes.
Team doing expansions.

Also why would you put brand new people who have never done a game, on one of your pinnacle franchises. Self sabotage? New people are fine, but they should be learning side by side with experienced people first, before going off on your own. Just crazy.

No regret on my purchase. I had fun on launch, got to mid 70s and my monies worth. But still no reason to try a season yet. Going to be like d3, where I don't end up playing again until a DLC? I think I went back to that game and had fun in seasons after Reaper of Souls, 2 years later iirc.

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Apparently once you kill the penultimate boss once, she no longer even drops anything......now I'm even more glad I got that bullshit out of the way, hahahha, clueless fucking Devs.

(I did get my money's worth but it could have been so much better)

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Interesting interview. Blizzard coming out and admitting/saying a lot of what we expected.
With the gingers commentary...
Without...

Director of Live Service Development is a diversity hire, imagine my shock.

Every fucking time. Useless shit that is unneeded is added simply to allow diversity hires to be brought in to diversify the company. THAT's why this game is always online horseshit. So they can hire diversity people to run the "Live Service Development" department. Which apparently involves reading social media and making blog posts.

Every. Fucking. Time.

• 3Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Friend of mine got weak when the 25% sale went on. He has been waiting on a price drop. He played just over two hours and said it felt terrible all around. Their refund policy is 2 hours but he was able to petition and get a refund. I like that they threw in the CLEARLY DISPLAYS part instead of just saying sorry to hear that, hope to see you back some time!

image.png

He said “don’t worry blizzard, I won’t make this mistake again.”

• 3Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
They also stated that the majority of the team developing D4 was their first game. Still, listening to them talk blows my mind they allowed this to come out. Almost as if they figured campaign is the game and good enough while the end game can come later.
This is by design.

The buisness model is to use the least expensive devs to make a low risk product for the loyal fanbase to automatically buy, they then leverage that to do an "appeal to popularity" fallacy to get normies to buy it who don't know any better and won't finish it anyway.

The quality of the game and the depth of content for experienced players at endgame are not big factors in the success of that buisness model. The Californian culture is actively against experienced hardcore players and all for catering to a trendy brown lesbian of gender.

They are doing a half assed "game as a service" with the seasons and microtransactions because that's the latest buzz at corporate, which does rely on quality and depth of content - but this is not where they are making their money - it's just an aspiration for them since it worked with Hearthstone.

It's not going to change until there is a player boycott.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It all boils down to loot. Its all about the loot in these ARPG and in this game the loot sucks.The loot is what makes repeatable content repeatable, chasing those items. There is absolutely nothing to be excited about. And like Brahma Brahma mentioned, too many affixes which compounds the problem. Another problem is the additive vs the multiplicative shit in this game. Like why would you go after additive vs the multiplicative stuff which can DRASTICALLY jump your dmg? And of coutrse there is like 30 sources of additive vs only a few multiplicative i.e. the whole bucket bullshit.

But yeah first thing is the fucking loot which kinda feeds into the affix problem. Like why grind out this game for shit rewards with higher + or x...

I mean, remember boss farming in D2? Like where is this in this game. And of course you didnt do it for the boss kill, you did it over and over for the loot.

I will add to this the psychalogical stuff that this game does not have either.... Like colors of affixes and loot in general. Green, blue, purple, yellow. You would be amazed how little changes to loot like this can be a psychological crack to players. In this game its all just bland colors, blues dont mean a thing past like lv 20 or so and the rest of the loot is either gold or shit brown color.

Last edited:
  • 3Like