Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Ah yes, the age old fix for shitty ARPG games. Does your game suck? Just make loot easier to get and buff up the power of the player. Doesn't matter that the game still sucks, it will make the idiots feel better about it.

I mean the game "sucked" because loot was shitty and players were too weak so maybe STFU

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean the game "sucked" because loot was shitty and players were too weak so maybe STFU

If you thought players were weak in Diablo 4 you have very unreasonable expectations for player power. I mean, fuck man, people were insta phasing the 'uber' boss within the first few days of season 1. The literal strategy for the boss isn't to actually do mechanics, its to skip all of them because its so easy to optain the power level needed to do so. The absolute last thing players are in the game is too weak. Like I said though, it will make the idiots feel better and here we are.

Last edited:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
If you thought players were weak in Diablo 4 you have very unreasonable expectations for player power. I mean, fuck man, people were insta phasing the 'uber' boss within the first few days of season 1. The literal strategy for the boss isn't to actually do mechanics, its to skip all of them because its so easy to optain the power level needed to do so. The absolute last thing players are in the game is too weak. Like I said though, it will make the idiots feel better and here we are.

Isnt that just more bad boss design than anything to do with player power?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Did you even play or are you just regurgitating shit you think you remember hearing? Loot is by far the #1 issue, and things like cooldown reduction nerfs on items is a big part of that.

The other gripe is more shit to do at endgame which they're addressing but still have a ways to go.

You seriously have no idea wtf you're talking about so why are you even here?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Isnt that just more bad boss design than anything to do with player power?

You're going to have to explain your thinking because I don't think there's anyway you can frame the fact that players do so much damage that they can instantly kill the end boss before it has time to act, within a few days of the start, as not being related to a player power problem. The basic facts are that players were able to easily obtain ridiculous amounts of power. Maybe not if you are like Ambiturner but for anyone who isn't pants on head retarded.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did you even play or are you just regurgitating shit you think you remember hearing? Loot is by far the #1 issue, and things like cooldown reduction nerfs on items is a big part of that.

The other gripe is more shit to do at endgame which they're addressing but still have a ways to go.

You seriously have no idea wtf you're talking about so why are you even here?

Gearing was an issue but not because it didn't provide power, it's because the options were so limited. Only a few mods worked against bosses, see crit and vuln damage, so why would you use anything else? That's the loots issue.

The other gripe has nothing to do with end game, its present through the entire journey. You could run the capstone dungeons to move up difficulties 10+ levels below the dungeons level and that's among the very beginning stages of the game really. When you can do an early dungeon at 10+ levels below it before you have even unlocked one of the primary sources of player power in the paragon system, you can't possible say player power was a problem in good faith. It persisted to the seasonal boss, it persisted to the 2nd capstone dungeon and it persisted all the way until the end in the Lillith fight. If you had any clue at all of what you were doing, and D4 was so simple it made it hard to not be able to figure shit out, nothing was ever tough to kill.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Gearing was an issue but not because it didn't provide power, it's because the options were so limited. Only a few mods worked against bosses, see crit and vuln damage, so why would you use anything else? That's the loots issue.
Huge issue, ive mentioned this a few times in this thread already. Why the fuck would you stack additives when you have those crispy huge multiplicatives to stack. And thats basically it. One dimensional game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Next time, just say off the bat that you didn't play the game so I don't waste time thinking you might know what you're talking about

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Huge issue, ive mentioned this a few times in this thread already. Why the fuck would you stack additives when you have those crispy huge multiplicatives to stack. And thats basically it. One dimensional game.

-Too many shit stats or stats that are way too situational.
-Too many shitty affixes that just confirm they have no idea how their game works.
-Same affixes guaranteeing only very few builds are viable
-Already having pretty much the best loot you'll get by around level 70, then expected to grind 30 more levels while everything scales up and you stay pretty much the same leading to you actually getting weaker.
-Nerfing cooldown reduction stats on gear making everything a lot less fun.
-Resistances being worthless
-No reason to do anything other than NMD's since paragon sigils are your only path to upgrade

Loot is far and away the #1 fuckup in D4 that hurts everything else and dismissing it like "lol fixing loot is for tards" is just being ignorant on how ARPGs work

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loot is far and away the #1 fuckup in D4 that hurts everything else and dismissing it like "lol fixing loot is for tards" is just being ignorant on how ARPGs work

No one ever said they shouldn't fix loot. I just said its the easiest fix to attract the lowest common denominator type of player ... like you've shown yourself to be. Any time an ARPG wants to attract people back in a short time frame, they make +1 loot, advertise it as a big player buff and the Ambiturner's of the world come flocking back to their shitty game because they somehow believe it will make a difference to a game that's flawed in a 1000 different places. Loot fixes, if done right but that is far from a given with Blizzard, will make Diablo 4 a bit better but under the hood, it's still Diablo 4, and it's still shit regardless of you getting a new hard on for it.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
No one ever said they shouldn't fix loot. I just said its the easiest fix to attract the lowest common denominator type of player ... like you've shown yourself to be. Any time an ARPG wants to attract people back in a short time frame, they make +1 loot, advertise it as a big player buff and the Ambiturner's of the world come flocking back to their shitty game because they somehow believe it will make a difference to a game that's flawed in a 1000 different places. Loot fixes, if done right but that is far from a given with Blizzard, will make Diablo 4 a bit better but under the hood, it's still Diablo 4, and it's still shit regardless of you getting a new hard on for it.
They don't need to +1 loot, they need -50 shit affixes that make 99% of drops a sea of instant trash.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They don't need to +1 loot, they need -50 shit affixes that make 99% of drops a sea of instant trash.

If they got rid of all the shit affixes every piece of gear that dropped would be the same. Some mixture of crit damage, vuln damage, main stat and another mod depending on the class. The issue isn't that shit affixes exist, it's that shit affixes are 95% of the pool because so few of the multiplicative multipliers work with close to 100% uptime on bosses. When only a handful of the good mods work against bosses it doesn't matter what the other mods do, they are inherently irrelevant.

Multiplicative mods like damage vs slowed enemies, vs crowed controlled enemies, etc, are fine mods. The implementation of it was just awful because you can't slow/crowd control/whatever bosses.

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Still hilarious to me that mindless consumerism is so bad people paid full price + 20% for this (let alone support them at all) after they got Diablo Immortal

I try to imagine going through life like a wind up toy, and, God I'm so sorry

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Multiplicative mods like damage vs slowed enemies, vs crowed controlled enemies, etc, are fine mods. The implementation of it was just awful because you can't slow/crowd control/whatever bosses.

Those STATUS EFFECTS (fucks sake with the mods) build up that stagger meter, so they weren't 100% useless.

They need to just have that stagger bar fill up much faster is a quick and dirty fix for STAUS EFFECTS not taking direct hold of bosses.

Combine that with waaay less affixes and they are halfway there.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean sure they weren't 100% useless but when you get 2x the damage from the item mod at 5% of the uptime, its a distinction without a difference.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Extensive changes to reward. While I might not play Season 2, or D4 ever again, I can recognize this is a lot more than people expected out of Season 2.

The fire must be lit under their ass.

Season 2 is a complete NGE in terms of reward scaling.

If they added a new currency system or two, plus changing how Enchanting works, I'd probably be sold on a future season given the start of these changes in Season 2.

They keep going in this direction, with Season 3 and 4, and this game might eventually get holdouts back into the game earlier than expected before any DLC hype or expansion talk.

This was unexpected from Blizzard.
Question, does S1 content stick around during S2, and on and on? I never did any of the seasons in Diablo 3, and I didn't play season 1 of D4. I do know Pathfinder I think incorporates their seasons into the core game.

Just wondering. I had fun with D4 for a while with some friends, just wondering if in a couple years from now you can go back and there be a big glut of content.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Question, does S1 content stick around during S2, and on and on? I never did any of the seasons in Diablo 3, and I didn't play season 1 of D4. I do know Pathfinder I think incorporates their seasons into the core game.

Just wondering. I had fun with D4 for a while with some friends, just wondering if in a couple years from now you can go back and there be a big glut of content.
Seasonal content does not rollover to the eternal realm. You will keep your character and gear found but that's about it. Any seasonal specific gear / items / powers will be deleted along with the event.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

That's why you're retarded. It's not flawed "1000 different ways" it's flawed in a bunch of different ways that comes down to the awful loot. Whether its too many shitty stats, no loot to strive for making everything pointless, hilariously bad affixes pigeonholing everyone into only using very few out of a large number, etc

Which is why you haven't been able to name any big issues that doesn't ultimately come down to loot. Just "hurr durr fixing loot is for dummies they should be fixing these other things I'm too stupid to name"

• 1Solidarity