Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like 3 out of 4 tempering rolls I've tried with summoning finesse, become mage damage. I've bricked multiple upgrades by rolling mage four times until I'm out of tempers. It's literally 70-80 percent now out of hundreds of rolls....wtf

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Barb build. EZ mode farming with this. There's also an OP Bash build that is better single target DPS.

I took one of these from 1-46 yesterday and had the best time. My 76 Necro is on the shelf until I max this guy out. I loved my 3-shout HOTA Barb and this double swing/leap/charge/dust devil build is so great, in part because its so survivable and also because its so different from my other Barb, using different skills than before.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Like 3 out of 4 tempering rolls I've tried with summoning finesse, become mage damage. I've bricked multiple upgrades by rolling mage four times until I'm out of tempers. It's literally 70-80 percent now out of hundreds of rolls....wtf
I noticed this, too. They really need to list the rarity on the modifiers to show "most common" "common" "rare" etc. Or color code them, that works as well.

• 2Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure this is the best item I'll ever see drop.

Edit: By some miracle, the blacksmith actually didn't brick it and hit max damage to cursed enemies on the final temper.
1716257929748.png

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 8 users

Vorph

Just last night I had THREE perfect items. Two bricked without once even rolling the stat I was looking for.
Sounds about right. I just finally rolled +2 skeletal mage mastery onto a pair of gloves with ok stats in the other two slots, hit dmg to cursed on the first try, then failed on every other temper to get decrepify size.

Enchanting is still the one I hate most though. If your item doesn't have either primary stat or life on it, that's what you're getting in both slots like 90% of the time. Rolling an item that's like +skill, crit%, IAS is practically impossible without spending 50M+ gold (add another 0 if it's the +skill you need).
---------------------------
Is there any way to skip tiers in the Pit like you can with NMDs? Getting tired of climbing the trivial ranks at a snail's pace when I know I can do much higher.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Either I am doing something wrong or you guys aren't "bricking" perfect items you are bricking shit. There aren't even that many items I have rerolled hard on because I am not dumping millions into something unless I have at least a couple of greater affixes on them that are build defining. - So far the tempering hasn't been that bad unless you are trying to max roll tempers in which case yeah I can see them not giving the top roll aspect you want in the 7 tries.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Either I am doing something wrong or you guys aren't "bricking" perfect items you are bricking shit. There aren't even that many items I have rerolled hard on because I am not dumping millions into something unless I have at least a couple of greater affixes on them that are build defining. - So far the tempering hasn't been that bad unless you are trying to max roll tempers in which case yeah I can see them not giving the top roll aspect you want in the 7 tries.

I started by tempering complete crap gear. I though it was good at the time, but now if it isn't a weapon, or if it doesn't have 3 greater affiixes, it doesn't get improved. The power increase is not worth the gold imo.

Vorph

So far the tempering hasn't been that bad unless you are trying to max roll tempers in which case yeah I can see them not giving the top roll aspect you want in the 7 tries.
LOL no, no one's talking about rerolling tempers for max. When you're shooting for a 1 in 5 and then a 1 in 4 you take what you get because most of the time you aren't hitting them both at all. Even if I was doing two 1 in 3 rolls I wouldn't risk it unless the item won't be an upgrade to what I have now. It would be nice if you could choose to keep what you have though, at least then you could decide to use up the leftover tempers fishing for a better roll but when it overwrites no matter what it is never worth the risk.

3 greater affiixes
3 greater affixes that are actually the right ones is like winning the lottery; waiting for that to drop before upgrading anything is just insane, especially since tempering is basically free when it costs a handful of mats that you should have thousands of. The people topping the leaderboards are mostly using 0-1* items since it's far more important to get the right stats than it is to have a meh stat multiplied by 1.5. Even then, very very few of them have stuff like +2 skeletal mage/golem mastery on their shit because it's so insanely hard to roll with two other good stats. So yeah, when I say I brick almost everything I get that's "perfect" I mean it's something that rolled with two good stats and just needs an easy enchant like Int or Life. If I need to roll +skill or crit% to fix it, I don't even bother anymore (maybe crit if I'm keeping int and life in the other two slots, but even that usually is a massive expense).

Also, it seems like masterworking is massively weighted towards Int and Life as well? I wasted all my gold resetting my sword at rank 4 because I get Int every time... 5 million to reset is fucking retarded.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I couldn't play for like 4 days. What Pit levels, NM etc are people on? I JUST hit 45 on The Pit, and NM dungeons think I am up to 90?

Anyone have a guide on what you should be doing to GET to end game? Like kill this. Get geared up. Kill that. Get more geared up etc.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I took one of these from 1-46 yesterday and had the best time. My 76 Necro is on the shelf until I max this guy out. I loved my 3-shout HOTA Barb and this double swing/leap/charge/dust devil build is so great, in part because its so survivable and also because its so different from my other Barb, using different skills than before.
I'm at level 95 now chaining 70-75 Nightmare dungeons with 3 Shout Dust Devil build.

Just Poke, Charge, WW, and 3 Shout.

With the Aspect that fires Dust Devils on Shout, the shouts are as good or better than an Ultimate.

The aspect that creates a phalanx when you Charge is excellent as well.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I couldn't play for like 4 days. What Pit levels, NM etc are people on? I JUST hit 45 on The Pit, and NM dungeons think I am up to 90?

Anyone have a guide on what you should be doing to GET to end game? Like kill this. Get geared up. Kill that. Get more geared up etc.

Get to end game? You're already doing it.

Only real advice is if you're not wanting to just kill blind, then use the online tool that tells you were to target unique drops and then kill tons of bosses until you get them, then do it more for better rolls.

And speed run NMDs to upgrade glyphs. I'm doing 70s right now as it seems the quickest bang for buck as I can skip most without too much risk.

• 1Solidarity

Mur

Trakanon Raider
RIP 93 HC Necro. Fucking rubber banding! This one kinda hurts, since I had to do all the renown with this guy.

Rippers.jpg

• 2Mother of God
  • 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 5 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
RIP 93 HC Necro. Fucking rubber banding! This one kinda hurts, since I had to do all the renown with this guy.

View attachment 529697
Ouch, not well versed on HC but I hope the renown carries over? That grind was the absolute worst whenever I did it.

Also, no way I could make it past 70 playing HC, I take way too many chances hahaha

• 1Like

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Whats a good class to try once I max out the Necromancer?
Barbarian. I'm having fun with it. Bash, whirlwind, charge, challenging shout. Not following a build or anything. Just playing blind like I did with D2 long ago.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

View attachment 529697

That sucks, but you are braver than I am in this game. Playing Hardcore in a game that stutters, lags, and shits the bed as much as this one is basically betting all your shit that Blizzard won't fist your asshole. We all know better.

• 2Like

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
That sucks, but you are braver than I am in this game. Playing Hardcore in a game that stutters, lags, and shits the bed as much as this one is basically betting all your shit that Blizzard won't fist your asshole. We all know better.
I have a modicum of hope for Blizzard now but these are rose tinted glasses, not blinders. I hold way too much of a grudge to play hardcore.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Ouch, not well versed on HC but I hope the renown carries over? That grind was the absolute worst whenever I did it.

Also, no way I could make it past 70 playing HC, I take way too many chances hahaha

Fortunately yes, it does carry over, along with stash, and gold. This was my first D4 HC season, so I had to do it one time at least.

• 1Like