Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Was sick of having to portal to town in the middle of Hell Tides and was trying to see how many champions I could spawn and kill. Had seen there was a missed item function for the stash. Or figured I could run around after to pick stuff up. 10 item cap in missed items stash and all ground drops poofed when Hell Tides ended. Oops, lesson learned. Lot of future tempering bricked items lost.

Why didn't they just run that shit like an old school arcade. Build points and at the end use points to purchase loot boxes. No picking shit up. No running to town. No missing the crystal drops. Easy and more fun.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Fortunately yes, it does carry over, along with stash, and gold. This was my first D4 HC season, so I had to do it one time at least.
Still sucks to lose the progress but I guess thats the HC mentality, should be a lot quicker without worrying about the faction grind at least!

You going necro again?

• 1Like

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
This is the necro minion build I used.

Most of my gear is master worked to level 5 or so, glyphs at 21. I have 1 piece at level 10. Haven't pushed high level pit though because it's pretty boring honestly. Completed the season pass except the pvp tasks and uber Lilith.

I can easily solo NM 100. Killed tormented Duriel and Andariel on the second try. The holy bolt potion is busted beyond belief with minions. I used it on Duriel and Andariel and they go down in the second phase almost instantly. You don't need them for 100 NM dungeons though. I tried tormented beast in the ice and didn't realize the torment stacks stay on you unless you teleport out and back. Wasted 3 lives trying him then I hear the fight is bugged anyway so I gave up. Unique's are pretty useless, at least for the necro pure minion build. I have 1 bank tab full of them. The only thing I haven't done is uber Lilith because fuck that fight.

Besides pushing high level pit there really isn't much to do after the season pass is complete. No reason to go past level 61 in the pit unless you want bragging rights because the final master work mats drop at 61. Helltides are fun but get old fast. Legion events and world bosses need a rework, they are just a 10 second kill for a gem slot or boss summoning mats. Necro could probably do NM 100 and the tormented bosses with 0 master worked gear they are so OP.

Game is heading in the right direction, but they still have a lot of work to do. Might roll another necro to try the shadow minion build but not sure I have it in me.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Whats a good class to try once I max out the Necromancer?
Ball lightning sorc is one of the most fun builds I've ever played in an ARPG so far. Just switched to it today from my hydra/firewall leveling build and it's insanely strong and I have not much optimization at level 97 atm.

I was gonna go frozen orb sorc since that's the new hotness sorc build but I watched someone doing bosses on it and it was painfully slow, altho it's amazing at clearing. Ball lightning however clears only slightly slower but does bosses MUCH faster.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Was sick of having to portal to town in the middle of Hell Tides and was trying to see how many champions I could spawn and kill. Had seen there was a missed item function for the stash. Or figured I could run around after to pick stuff up. 10 item cap in missed items stash and all ground drops poofed when Hell Tides ended. Oops, lesson learned. Lot of future tempering bricked items lost.

Why didn't they just run that shit like an old school arcade. Build points and at the end use points to purchase loot boxes. No picking shit up. No running to town. No missing the crystal drops. Easy and more fun.
That sounds like a good idea but watching for the colors to drop and picking things up, ie the Loot Pinata, is a staple of the genre. At least having less loot drop and having some missing things turn up is a step in the right direction.

Once they finally get around to adding filters <^.^> then this will get even better. They are slowly turning the ship Diablotanic away from the Iceburg and shareholder expectations it was sold under.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Just think of how much money these retarded dick American Inventors could have printed if they simply made the characters not look like claymation dyke tranbos, and simply started the game in its current state.

Hell even a backseat armchair developers can see many of these flaws and pointed them out before it even released and then add some end game. Blizzard of old would of stolen from PoE simplified all the PoE retardation down to dad gamer shit simple to learn hard to master mantra, made the characters look good and then sold retards Barbie doll dress up fun time armors to show other dick American Inventors in town.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Lillith fight is such a bad encounter. Tried it now at 95 and I cant see fucking shit all whats happening, then boom insta dead.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ball lightning sorc is one of the most fun builds I've ever played in an ARPG so far. Just switched to it today from my hydra/firewall leveling build and it's insanely strong and I have not much optimization at level 97 atm.

I was gonna go frozen orb sorc since that's the new hotness sorc build but I watched someone doing bosses on it and it was painfully slow, altho it's amazing at clearing. Ball lightning however clears only slightly slower but does bosses MUCH faster.
Ill give it a spin. The Firewall build was neat and fun in the beginning, but not so much now.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The Lillith fight is such a bad encounter. Tried it now at 95 and I cant see fucking shit all whats happening, then boom insta dead.
tried it at the same level and got tired of not even seeing what the fuck one shots me 99.9 percent of the time.

Terrible fight

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I have two 100's in Softcore Season a Sorc and Necro. Although Necros are just flat out overpowered and can damn near 1 shot Uber bosses for just about everything else I prefer the Sorc playstyle the Necro shit is just boring. Still minions are so stupid powerful it's worth checking out just to afk win all games.

Sorc on the other hand has a ton of build options. Frozen Orb is a speedclear demon and fun as fuck even with my meh gear. Hard part is finding decent guides or builds for this game. I swear every streamer/youtuber for D4 is full blown turbo aids, same for most of the sites.

Same with trading, I guess there are a couple of discords you can trade on but for a game that apparently is based around trading for gold. All in game systems for it are trash. Only reason I would bother trading really would be for gold to do tryhard mastersmithing shit which is really a nonissue for 99.9% of the game but is required if you wanna min/max.

Only things that are really left at this point in the season are "greater rifts" (pits) / uber bossing / and the weekly leaderboard stuff. I might try out another class or two later with how easy leveling is but who knows.

If anyone wants to go some grouping for bosses though hit me up, Would much rather double up/ quad up on materials and see if we can get some uber uqinues.

• 3Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I have two 100's in Softcore Season a Sorc and Necro. Although Necros are just flat out overpowered and can damn near 1 shot Uber bosses for just about everything else I prefer the Sorc playstyle the Necro shit is just boring. Still minions are so stupid powerful it's worth checking out just to afk win all games.

Sorc on the other hand has a ton of build options. Frozen Orb is a speedclear demon and fun as fuck even with my meh gear. Hard part is finding decent guides or builds for this game. I swear every streamer/youtuber for D4 is full blown turbo aids, same for most of the sites.

Same with trading, I guess there are a couple of discords you can trade on but for a game that apparently is based around trading for gold. All in game systems for it are trash. Only reason I would bother trading really would be for gold to do tryhard mastersmithing shit which is really a nonissue for 99.9% of the game but is required if you wanna min/max.

Only things that are really left at this point in the season are "greater rifts" (pits) / uber bossing / and the weekly leaderboard stuff. I might try out another class or two later with how easy leveling is but who knows.

If anyone wants to go some grouping for bosses though hit me up, Would much rather double up/ quad up on materials and see if we can get some uber uqinues.
I played a necro on the game came out and it was fun but definitely felt inferior to all of my buddies who were playing different classes. Ended up reinstalling last night and was going to play but then that stupid Dune 2 movie came out, and started watching it and fell asleep, that's any indication of how I feel about the film.

What type of minion build are you running? I'm thinking about remaking a necro just to get the experience I was hoping for when I originally played it.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I played a necro on the game came out and it was fun but definitely felt inferior to all of my buddies who were playing different classes. Ended up reinstalling last night and was going to play but then that stupid Dune 2 movie came out, and started watching it and fell asleep, that's any indication of how I feel about the film.

What type of minion build are you running? I'm thinking about remaking a necro just to get the experience I was hoping for when I originally played it.

I have been using the standard minion build, but Necros are so OP that you can almost use anything. Here is the best place I have found for current build options. You will see about 1000 random dick American Inventors posting their #1 OMGWTFBBQ Watch me on Twitch autistic turbo faggot builds. It's why it's hard to know what's actually good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I have been using the standard minion build, but Necros are so OP that you can almost use anything. Here is the best place I have found for current build options. You will see about 1000 random dick American Inventors posting their #1 OMGWTFBBQ Watch me on Twitch autistic turbo faggot builds. It's why it's hard to know what's actually good.

Yeah when one of these games comes out or gets updated or whatever it's so hard to sift through all of the stupid content. Most OP build ever, just breaks the game, blah blah blah.

I really do hate the internet at times. Fucking cooking videos are this way, too, best ribs ever, ultimate smashburger killer, click on my video because it says extreme!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's definitely a large difference between a good necro build and random shit thrown together. You might not notice it as much running around a helltide, but you certainly will as soon as you step into one of the uber bosses or a high tier Pit boss. A good build and using skills in the right order makes a huge difference in how fast that shit dies. Just as an example, the shadow build is way better than the plain minion one, which I guess is obvious since it requires correctly rolled gear, L90+ to have enough Paragon points, as well as several L15+ glyphs in order to function properly. It's also much tankier due to Bone Storm.

As far as streamers worth watching, I like:
Goblin Inc and Rob2628 for keeping track of all the top rift Pit clearing builds for each class
Wudjio for general info just like in D3
Necro - P4wnyhof, Marcobioboi, Chronikz

For a second character, I'm leaning heavily towards this Wind Shear druid build:

Biggest problem I have with everything that isn't necro is they all seem to want a bunch of uniques, including some ubers. Necro really doesn't care about that. Frozen Orb sorc looked fun until I saw it really wants 6 of the damn things for the final endgame setup. Most of the other classes still want 2-3, often including a Tyrael's Might and/or Harlequin Crest. On the bright side, at least some of them are generic uniques that I've already looted decent rolled ones on my necro.

• 3Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Got a nice drop, would have been perfect if life/sec was armor. Got both my tempers, max life, and just missed the 45% max for decrep size. Dropped with 3 greater affixes. First real nice drop (almost BiS for build)

View attachment 529567

Where’d that drop?

I’ve yet to get more than 1 bullet drops and I’m doing lvl 60 Pits and 100 NMD’s.

Vorph

Where’d that drop?

I’ve yet to get more than 1 bullet drops and I’m doing lvl 60 Pits and 100 NMD’s.
That *** sword I posted about a couple days ago dropped randomly while doing a sidequest for renown. To me it just seems like the old Ancient->Primal system from D3, roughly a 10% chance for each *. I almost never see ** drops, but * are fairly common and I get them no matter what I'm doing. Probably a bit lower % for ** now that I think about it, since I get around 100 legendaries during a full helltide and I definitely don't get one ** per hour. Sometimes it'll go 3-4 without seeing one (and I've yet to get a single one with both stats being useful).

Last edited:

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Where’d that drop?

Dropped during HT Mother event. Not sure if it was from her or the max agro meter mob that also spawned. But really, if a mob drops 925 level qear, it can drop a ***

sdit to add: You can get the from the orange 250 shard chests too.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
That *** sword I posted about a couple days ago dropped randomly while doing a sidequest for renown. To me it just seems like the old Ancient->Primal system from D3, roughly a 10% chance for each *. I almost never see ** drops, but * are fairly common and I get them no matter what I'm doing. Probably a bit lower % for ** now that I think about it, since I get around 100 uniques during a full helltide and I definitely don't get one ** per hour. Sometimes it'll go 3-4 without seeing one (and I've yet to get a single one with both stats being useful).

I think I just have trash luck.

I do see * 10% of the time, I've seen ** once, and I've never seen ***.

Ifeelbad GIF by renforshort

Vorph Vorph do you just spam Maiden or are you running around the whole Helltide killing?

Vorph

Vorph Vorph do you just spam Maiden or are you running around the whole Helltide killing?
I prefer Maiden if there's a lot of people killing her within seconds of spawn, especially if I get a group invite. If there's only a couple people at the spot I think you're better off running around.

• 1Like