Diablo II - Resurrected

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Willing to bet player demand is down. Everyone that got their nostalgia fill isn't coming back for ladder play in less than a year.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Not gonna lie, the hotkey ability casting looks so fucking sweet. Almost makes me wanna buy this finally.

Still no loot filter is big lame though.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Willing to bet player demand is down. Everyone that got their nostalgia fill isn't coming back for ladder play in less than a year.

That is where I landed. When this hit I bought it had a blast reliving Diablo 2, and was reminded just how fucking good the game was compared to the dogshit that is Diablo 3. Then they talked about a new ladder and shit and I was like that could be fun. Then in Blizzard style they sat on their dicks for a year and now I couldn't care less.

• 1Solidarity

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1651286686476.png

Servers are shit tonight. Lag IDing items and now having issues connecting to games.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Definitely connection issues with the game right now. Frustrating to be disconnected a few times, then get a message that you can't log in (and have to wait ~20 minutes). I think I managed to kill countess one time over four attempts that get cut short due to this. Frustrating!

• 1Salty

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Definitely connection issues with the game right now. Frustrating to be disconnected a few times, then get a message that you can't log in (and have to wait ~20 minutes). I think I managed to kill countess one time over four attempts that get cut short due to this. Frustrating!
The Ogre... speaks?

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Holy Fire Paladin is fun once you hit Act 2 and Act 3, it murders all the hordes of skeletons and flayers.

Any tips for this build?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
When I woke up this morning MrLlama was already level 90 and no one else was even 88 yet. I'm wondering how his group gets him so much more experience than the rest of the group. Giving him every exp shrine is obvious but I don't know other than that. I'm sure he will be 99 by this afternoon or evening.

It will be weeks, maybe even months before anyone hits 99. Baal, Diablo and Nihlathak are the only mobs in the game that give experience at 98. It's one of the worst grinds in gaming.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Holy Fire Paladin is fun once you hit Act 2 and Act 3, it murders all the hordes of skeletons and flayers.

Any tips for this build?
I was leveling Holy Fire but switched to Hammers starting in NM. It felt like it was falling off towards the end of normal especially act 5. Found myself struggling to kill packs there. But if you choose to stick with it get yourself a Steel runeword in a scimitar and Zeal away while Holy Fire burns them. FIrst max out Holy Fire, then Resist Fire and lastly Salvation cause they both synergies with holy fire.

I would suggest leveling hammers cause it’s easier imo and most mobs are not magic immune. You’ll encounter mana issues at first but putting two Tir runes in a helm helps out alot. Once I got Spirit and Lore runewords it made a huge difference. Hell you can invest one point into Redemption aura while leveling and mana issues are gone. Maxroll has a Paladin leveling guide I’ve been following there. It takes two respect for me cause I’m going Fist of Heavens. If you stay Hammers you may just require one respect. Once in my mid to late 60s I’m swapping to Fist of Heavens.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Playing Amazon. You can increase fire skill damage using red gems, which helps boost explosive arrow once you hit level 12. I've found 6(!) chipped red gems by level 12, now I just need to find some gem shrines...

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
It will be weeks, maybe even months before anyone hits 99. Baal, Diablo and Nihlathak are the only mobs in the game that give experience at 98. It's one of the worst grinds in gaming.
Yeah, Llama just said that on his stream. I don't remember that at all back in the day. I had like 5 level 99s and I don't remember doing anything but cows to get there. Did they change that since 1.10?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It took hammer bots running 24/7 baals weeks to hit 99 "back in the day", so if you have multiple 99s you were either bigtime botting or it was a decade worth of playing to get there.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
99 takes a very long time to reach. Especially the grind from 98 to 99. Teo from Maxroll is attempting to reach level 99 on the ladder and he’s currently rank #1 on it. He has around 16 people helping him grind it out and he’s only level 96.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, Llama just said that on his stream. I don't remember that at all back in the day. I had like 5 level 99s and I don't remember doing anything but cows to get there. Did they change that since 1.10?
There's more higher level areas you can grind in that may be more beneficial to the "usual" spots depending on mob types/resists you're looking for.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They did change it at some point. Not sure which patch it was but cows definitely used to give experience all the way to 99 and were actually the most efficient.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
They did change it at some point. Not sure which patch it was but cows definitely used to give experience all the way to 99 and were actually the most efficient.
Oh whew. I thought I was losing my mind. I would definitely have remembered grinding Baal for a month straight. Yeah I don't remember it being particularly hard to get to 99 back when I was playing.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Got my first good drop of the ladder last night while I was grinding out NM chaos sanctuary for levels preparing for hell difficulty. Skin of the Viper Magi on my FoH paladin.

Attachments

• 8E8CD761-34BA-4AA5-80CC-1777E4FA190E.png
    8E8CD761-34BA-4AA5-80CC-1777E4FA190E.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users