Diablo II - Resurrected

Chris

Potato del Grande
New runewords are appreciated as long as there are low and medium level ones too.

New zones is what I'd really want, I wonder of the need to have the "classic" graphics option would stop this?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Tried to listen to the developer Q&A and it's boring as shit. They are being cunts about stash tabs and stacking currency like runes. Really it's just more typical snobbish bullshit listening to them.

Hydras look cool so we don't like that people dont use them... blah blah gay.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I don't get why they are so anti-storage and inventory. They'd get a purchase from me if they increased that stuff but I don't want to play an inventory management game. I want to kill stuff.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Project Diablo 2 guy is mad big time about throwing barb and summon druid buffs planned for d2r

Any word about the new company acquiring them ditching the feminist agenda?

• 1Salty

Mandriana

So this has a had a few patches, how is the game these days? I enjoyed the original, and the expansion. Never played, nor had interest in anything modded or 3rd party altered, so I am not expecting super awesome extra new Diablo 2 or anything.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So this has a had a few patches, how is the game these days? I enjoyed the original, and the expansion. Never played, nor had interest in anything modded or 3rd party altered, so I am not expecting super awesome extra new Diablo 2 or anything.
It's nice, played it a bit. I won't touch it until they make balance changes tho which should be pretty soonish.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Diablo II: Resurrected Patch 2.4 Balance PTR

Honestly better than i expected in terms of overall changes, ele zons and fire in general is going to be way more viable.
Best part is adding like 15 extra 85 areas so theres more places to farm late game

Im hype for the ladder, i hope its actually sometime in Feb!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I am actually shocked that they are adding new content. I assume that it sold as well or better than they thought it would and realize that continuing support for this is good.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I guess that answers whether there will ever be any mod support in D2R. Seems their plan is to just implement most/all of the skill and balance changes from the popular mods in to the base game heh.

If they add a loot filter I'll probably actually buy it?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well Microsoft might allow it? Hahahahaha... nah. But there was never any chance Blizzard would ever allow mod support like that in any game ever again. DOTA gave them PTSD.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Damn those changes are really nice especially for the druid. I will be definitely starting a elemental druid for the new ladder. I expected minor changes here and there but nothing this big.

Last edited:

Khane

Also, not in the patch notes, but they did say DClone changes are coming in 2.4 as well. They just aren't ready to announce exactly what the change to spawning him is going to be

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I had a good laugh launching the PTR, immediately choose their premade fire zon, open my merc window and see this travesty
1642880727708.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
- Insight in bows looks cool. Can make a ice/fire bowazon and never have to worry about mana. Also A1 merc can use it.
- I don't PVP but the salt about Fist of the Heavens cooldown going from 1s to .4 seconds is gonna be amazing.
- Buffing the damage of dragon tail: It already gets over 40k easy with Tiger Strike.

Khane

- Insight in bows looks cool. Can make a ice/fire bowazon and never have to worry about mana. Also A1 merc can use it.
- I don't PVP but the salt about Fist of the Heavens cooldown going from 1s to .4 seconds is gonna be amazing.
- Buffing the damage of dragon tail: It already gets over 40k easy with Tiger Strike.

Pretty much everything in the game is gonna be OP now. And sorcs got even stronger being able to fill Blizzard cooldown with Orb or Meteor with Fire Wall/Hydra.

A HoJ + 2x Dragon Holy Fire paladin with max Conviction and the new helm is probably going to be able to kill screens without even attacking anything.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Tried to listen to the developer Q&A and it's boring as shit. They are being cunts about stash tabs and stacking currency like runes. Really it's just more typical snobbish bullshit listening to them.

Hydras look cool so we don't like that people dont use them... blah blah gay.

You know, I hear a lot of devs use stacking as an excuse like "But even though it might all be the same item, the stats on each one can be different so we cant stack them!"

I've yet to find a single game that simply treats a stack of 2+ of an item like this as a backpack you can open up with unlimited, paged spaces in it. So in your inventory you'd just open it like you would a backpack in a typical game.

Khane

You know, I hear a lot of devs use stacking as an excuse like "But even though it might all be the same item, the stats on each one can be different so we cant stack them!"

I've yet to find a single game that simply treats a stack of 2+ of an item like this as a backpack you can open up with unlimited, paged spaces in it. So in your inventory you'd just open it like you would a backpack in a typical game.

Why do that instead of just having a crafting bag / stash with unlimited space for items like this?

PD2 solves the jewel issue pretty reasonably. Players can decide if the jewel is crafting fodder and break it down into a stackable crafting reagent called jewel fragments.

• 1Like