Diablo II - Resurrected

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Trying to trade in this lobby is absolute ass. I've picked up a few of my necessary uniques but armor and weapons are atrocious.

Barb weapons seem non existant in the sorc/pally meta.

1651612020272.png

Xevy

Log Wizard
If you're looking for specifics or trying to dump big value items you don't need, D2R.io Trade is decent. You need to make a free account (don't even need to verify via email) to see everything, but you can link your Bnet and stuff and make trades that way. There's also a Discord for trades with like 45k+ members, but I've not personally dabbled with that shit.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Farming chaos sanctuary in nightmare on my frenzy barb has been modestly rewarding, couple ists gul a few skill gcs and other odds and ends.

Have a decent kit going but my weapons are holding me back from doing hell.

Needing a Lo for my first grief to break into it and i don't think it can drop in nightmare.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Bored enough I might actually play this ladder. What are the new starter build hotnesses?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Summoner Druid, Hydra Sorc, FoH Paladin, Trapsin are all good starters. Summoner Druid is braindead, but with all the pets out at once you're basically a Necro Summoner but better because you don't need corpses to resummon.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I just started non-ladder a couple weeks ago but I started with a hammerdin to get some super basic gear, then leveled a frozen orb sorc to do real mfing. I just can't stand leveling a sorc with absolutely no gear, you just die instantly to anything. So I got some basic sorc gear and now I'm reversing the roles and my sorc will find a bunch of gear for my pally.

Frozen orb sorc is solid because you can do quick andy and meph runs, chaos runs, and plenty of the level 85 areas. My go to right now is Andy-Meph-Chaos runs.

I'd love to throw Trav runs in there but they are still pretty annoying. I need to find some fire absorb items before I can do those efficiently.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I keep thinking I want to try this and then I fire up twitch and see someone running the same 500 chaos runs and decide against it

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
D2 is refreshing after playing so many poe leagues. My barb is almost geared, just need to hit that lotto for a high rune drop and i can do ubers. Can already solo hell baal but it's slow. Just doing public baal runs and using an auto clicker on mouse hardware to snag drops.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Man hit a fucking WALL in act two on furyzon. Fuck lightning immune mobs. Seems act 3 will be just as fun.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I thought about tinkering around with this for a bit and watched about 5 minutes of Mr. Lama going from loading screen to loading screen killing Diablo that was preset up for him with low HP and it just sucked and illusion of fun out of the game.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I don't know how he did that for three days straight. The game is still super repetitive even if you aren't doing that but it's still somehow fun to me.

SeanDoe1z1

Idk, some way early season start on d3 where hellfire ammy was bis but you had to easily do 1000+ crafts to get a good shot at a usable…

I enjoyed the sheer mechanics of being “super efficient”. Knowing where to click before loading screen was even done to get tp’d to right zone and moving, etc etc. I think I got a run down to below 75s optimized…

Yet I get insanely bored MF farming and quit after 2 hours on random generated maps like d2 pit runs. I feel obligated to do ladder too, even though I see the appeal of single and

Go figure. Strangely didn’t find time for this ladder but liked all of the changes…

Probably same thing as autistic speed runs…

Khane

If they end up putting new end game content in that makes the gameplay loop more rewarding and gives you a reason to fully kit out a character this will be worth putting hundreds of hours into again.

But as it stands now I have the same problem many of the rest of you are having. I know the gameplay loop. I know all there is to do is MF. And I'm just not interested in it anymore. I started a Paladin for ladder, got to level 12 and thought "Why am I doing this"? And stopped logging in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Play project d2, it's all of those things and then some.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
If project D2 is that good, why don't the retarded dipshit dick fuckers at Blizzard hire then, or simply steal their work. I have never understood why these companies treat their mod communities like dogshit when there is easy money to be had.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought about tinkering around with this for a bit and watched about 5 minutes of Mr. Lama going from loading screen to loading screen killing Diablo that was preset up for him with low HP and it just sucked and illusion of fun out of the game.
The weirdest thing to me is that there are people that actually spend all day SETTING UP that low HP Diablo for him… like WTF?!

I think the only way I would play this today is with a single player mod that affects the drop rates. When I was 11 years old and had nothing better to do but play computer games 5 hours a day every day D2 was fun as hell but now I’m 30 with a wife and a dog… who has time for this shit? Plus when you go back and look at the actual drop rate data it is clear that without massive botting D2 would never have had the item/gear availability that we all remember from back in the day.

Khane

Botting being a necessity is a big misconception. Over the years people have figured out how and where to actually farm to get good, tradable drops in reasonable time frames. It's not nearly as bad as everyone remembers from its original run.

• 1Like