Diablo II - Resurrected

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Diablo 3 is indeed incredibly shallow. It's fun at the release of each season for a week or two and then adios. Everything about it is completely uninspired which is a shame because it feels great to play. If you took the systems and itemization of grim dawn and married it with the gameplay of D3 you'd have a new king of ARPGs.
I’d argue the Poe map system as the endgame and we’re talking. But goddamn if d3 isn’t smooth as butter.

so I wonder if the blizzard reckoning going on now will result in the engineers responsible for how well their control plays being jettisoned. Those dudes could make anything just play well even if the actual game mechanics were shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’d argue the Poe map system as the endgame and we’re talking. But goddamn if d3 isn’t smooth as butter.

so I wonder if the blizzard reckoning going on now will result in the engineers responsible for how well their control plays being jettisoned. Those dudes could make anything just play well even if the actual game mechanics were shit.

I remember reading sometime long ago that it was part of Blizzard's project management strategy to work on one aspect of the game at a time until that felt exactly right before moving on to the next thing. Not the "this works well enough, we'll fine-tune it later" strategy that management prefers because of project deadlines and where "later" usually turns into "never". I've certainly seen my share of the latter in my career.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I remember reading sometime long ago that it was part of Blizzard's project management strategy to work on one aspect of the game at a time until that felt exactly right before moving on to the next thing. Not the "this works well enough, we'll fine-tune it later" strategy that management prefers because of project deadlines and where "later" usually turns into "never". I've certainly seen my share of the latter in my career.
I'm sure that it's a multi-level failure when it comes to blizzard, from management to little-guy coders. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority at blizzard are now coding for the money, not the love of it. And when it comes to coding, someone doing it for the love of it can be an incredible boon to a project. I dealt with one guy who went full autismo on a project I worked on, and he was pumping out 5000 lines of code a day while debugging everyone else's work. Not even incompetent management could have gotten in his way.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I go back and forth on that approach. In my industry 80% of a great solution can get you killed, but I’ve seen folks never get anything done waiting to get it perfect. For an artistic endeavor that’s probably fine and doesn’t hurt profits if you’re small. I bet that’s also part of why morhsime and co have slowly left.

donomito

Blackwing Lair Raider
the dungeons are meant to be dark, this seems to be a problem with most games that the night cycle isn't nearly as dark as it should be. And in turn, looks like shit.

D2 has items to help with the light radius etc...

Back 4 blood also suffers from a well lit night cycle so does WoW, it looks like shitttttt.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Have they updated the skill selection for mouse/keyboard to give the option to function like the controller?

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I really hope they do a buff bar. Ive always wanted to know what auras and whatever I got on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I don't think this will be ready for release. Multiplayer is very unstable so far.

• 1Moron
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ya, the game in its current state is nearly unplayable. There is as much if not more rubberbanding issues now than there was when the game released. Even when I'm playing by myself I experience rubberbanding pretty often. Not to mention chat breaks in every single game I've played so far. Definitely don't spend your money on this shit.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Tried the free beta for about 30 minutes on ps4 a few nights ago. It's just like the original, but with shittier performance.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Ya, the game in its current state is nearly unplayable. There is as much if not more rubberbanding issues now than there was when the game released. Even when I'm playing by myself I experience rubberbanding pretty often. Not to mention chat breaks in every single game I've played so far. Definitely don't spend your money on this shit.
Tried the free beta for about 30 minutes on ps4 a few nights ago. It's just like the original, but with shittier performance.

Yeah their "online" addition is really going to push people away, I think. I have hopes that it will provide some additional content as a "GAMES AS A SERVICE" (reeeeeeeeeeee) but it is a net negative so far for sure.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Open beta was way more stable than the alpha weekends. Didn't crash a single time and played two classes to Andariel. I so hope they bank on the legacy and implement some modding API for singleplayer. This could be eternal.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Plays exacly like Diablo 2, anyone thinking it was something other than Diablo 2 or was hoping for Super Diablo 2+ modded is retarded as fuck.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Plays exacly like Diablo 2, anyone thinking it was something other than Diablo 2 or was hoping for Super Diablo 2+ modded is retarded as fuck.

Pretty fucking sure constant rubber banding and chat not working is not exactly how diablo 2 played.

• 2Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Wasn't like that at all for me, even when the POE apologists said it was

Just a big ole whew here

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Can't say that I've noticed that at all. Only played through to Andariel though.

Ya it gets very noticeable when you're doing 8 man tomb runs. The chat issue seems a little better though in that it hasn't broken completely lately but input delay is still pretty massive with sometimes like 5 seconds before what I enter actually appears in chat and that's with 60ish ping.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user