Diablo Immortal

Chris

Potato del Grande
I believe Chris is having legitimate fun because the potential is there. It really depends what you're trying to get out of the game.
Towards the top of all leaderboards with $5 spent, good dark clan and warband, found the F2P gem aquisition method which is selling charms/normal gems for plat and using it to buy the 1* and 2* legendary gems.

It's good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I was assuming he was being sarcastic, I've been playing my Barb here and there and I think I'm like 36 now, I still don't get it.

Not even just the blatant microtransactions, but there's so many menus and auto pilot and it just isn't clicking with me.

I did like D3 once it was fixed, but honestly I think I spent 10x more time in Diablo and Diablo 2 compared to the 3rd, maybe I'm just not into the genre as much as I used to be, it doesn't help that my 3 regenning potions have always been more than I need so far, I don't think I've ever died yet which is strange for me in a Diablo game.

Glad some people are enjoying it, I have tl go back to my level 1 playthrough of ER anyway, I've been slacking!!

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Screenshot_20220615-115650_Immortal.jpg

I disenchanted the 2 and 3 star gems lol. About $25 dollars in which is my limit, because I'm getting indie game value out of this I think.

• 1Imbecile
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Towards the top of all leaderboards with $5 spent, good dark clan and warband, found the F2P gem aquisition method which is selling charms/normal gems for plat and using it to buy the 1* and 2* legendary gems.

It's good.

View attachment 417437

I disenchanted the 2 and 3 star gems lol. About $25 dollars in which is my limit, because I'm getting indie game value out of this I think.
From $5 to $25 in 23 minutes?

• 4Worf
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 4 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Wow Blizzard really dropped the ball with this one. So I hit level 60 and asked the best way to get leggos since rifts are a waste of time unless you swiping your card. Usually with a game with a rift system the fastest and optimal way to get legendaries is doing the rifts. Well of course since it’s a P2W system players are farming library of Zulton Kulle. It’s a small area with tons of level 60 killing mobs within seconds. I’m talking about a pure AoE fest. No way in hell that is a enjoyable and rewarding play style. So your grouped up running around and killing anything that’s not a player hoping for it to drop a legendary. Take it for Blizz to fuck things up.

Why would you even do it?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
No I mean even touch DI, we should all know better to support it in any way

• 1Like

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I was assuming he was being sarcastic, I've been playing my Barb here and there and I think I'm like 36 now, I still don't get it.

Not even just the blatant microtransactions, but there's so many menus and auto pilot and it just isn't clicking with me.

I did like D3 once it was fixed, but honestly I think I spent 10x more time in Diablo and Diablo 2 compared to the 3rd, maybe I'm just not into the genre as much as I used to be, it doesn't help that my 3 regenning potions have always been more than I need so far, I don't think I've ever died yet which is strange for me in a Diablo game.

Glad some people are enjoying it, I have tl go back to my level 1 playthrough of ER anyway, I've been slacking!!

I don’t think it’s just you because I felt exactly the same way regarding D3 and Diablo:Immortal is basically Diablo 3 on mobile with MT. Diablo and D2 just feels like a completely different IP compared to D3, which to me feels more like a badly developed indy fanfic.

This game does deserve all the criticism it has received regarding the gem MT and caps. GuildWars2 has proved that you can make a mint with a cosmetic gem shop and while DI has made a small fortune off of whales since release, I can’t help but wonder if they would have made more through long term longevity if they did things ”right”.

I know games naturally slow down as they age and the “day 1 release“ adrenaline/excitement wanes, but week 1 the chat was scrolling so fast it felt like a over populated twitch stream while yesterday Shadows chat only had 3 people fighting in it across a 2 hour window. At reset last night it took me over an hour to put together a Lassal 2 raid both in queue and through world chat. Day 1 server, too.

That said, the only criticism of this game that has been completely 100% wrong are the complaints of P2W in PvP. I’m currently rank 15 a couple days away (with some good matches) from being Legendary and in the top 1-10 as completely free to play and legendary gems and cr have absolutely no impact in matches above Silver rank, but thats mostly because silver+ becomes a massive CC fest where bad positioning gets you locked in black hole and corpse pillar spam.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don’t think it’s just you because I felt exactly the same way regarding D3 and Diablo:Immortal is basically Diablo 3 on mobile with MT. Diablo and D2 just feels like a completely different IP compared to D3, which to me feels more like a badly developed indy fanfic.

This game does deserve all the criticism it has received regarding the gem MT and caps. GuildWars2 has proved that you can make a mint with a cosmetic gem shop and while DI has made a small fortune off of whales since release, I can’t help but wonder if they would have made more through long term longevity if they did things ”right”.

a lot of emphasis should be on small

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

It's good.

You are toward the top of all leaderboards on your server, which probably has less than 200 people playing at this point at best. You are not the top of all leaderboards in the game. You're not even remotely close. There's a reason this game has a billion servers in it. This is yet another mobile gaming common tactic, to make you feel good about yourself, so you'll invest more in the game, because if you can make it as F2P, you can make it even better if you pay a little.

Wait till they eventually consolidate servers.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
That said, the only criticism of this game that has been completely 100% wrong are the complaints of P2W in PvP. I’m currently rank 15 a couple days away (with some good matches) from being Legendary and in the top 1-10 as completely free to play and legendary gems and cr have absolutely no impact in matches above Silver rank, but thats mostly because silver+ becomes a massive CC fest where bad positioning gets you locked in black hole and corpse pillar spam.

1655416423069.png

absolutely no impact. I'm sure the $13,000+ Rich has spent had absolutely no impact at all on going 44-0.

(Everyone knows his money spent counter on stream is fake)

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Theyve came out and said what has made them the most money in this game. Surprise, surprise, its not people like Rich or Quin. Its the mass majority of Chris's running around buying the 5 dollar package and the two 99 cent packages.

• 1Worf

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Theyve came out and said what has made them the most money in this game. Surprise, surprise, its not people like Rich or Quin. Its the mass majority of Chris's running around buying the 5 dollar package and the two 99 cent packages.

That's not a surprise at all, the whales are less than 0.1% of the playerbase, and the krakens are less than 0.01%. The $5 Chris's are probably 30-40% of the playerbase. If there's 10 million players, as they claimed earlier, and just 5% of them bought the $6 of things (And I'm sure it's MUCH higher than that), that's already 3 million dollars. If each kraken spent $1,000 USD that's just 1 million.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

I know games naturally slow down as they age and the “day 1 release“ adrenaline/excitement wanes, but week 1 the chat was scrolling so fast it felt like a over populated twitch stream while yesterday Shadows chat only had 3 people fighting in it across a 2 hour window. At reset last night it took me over an hour to put together a Lassal 2 raid both in queue and through world chat. Day 1 server, too.

Yeah I didn't do any PVP yet but did join a few rift groups....which consisted of a rush to the boss and queuing up for the next one. I think it would be different if my friends played, but apparently they are smarter than me 😁

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you're pushing content in this game as a melee you will get dropped, period.

@ the guy who said he's never used his 3 potions.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
View attachment 417565

absolutely no impact. I'm sure the $13,000+ Rich has spent had absolutely no impact at all on going 44-0.

(Everyone knows his money spent counter on stream i
View attachment 417565

(Everyone knows his money spent counter on stream is fake)

Yes, it has absolutely no impact above Silver, just like I said. As someone at the top of the leaderboards who consistently fights against Legendary rank and people with wings I stand behind that statement.

Rich went 44-0-7 in Bronze as DH, which is the equivalent of Iron/Bronze in League of Legends. I went 22-2 in my first match as f2p necro, guess I must have been hacking! What rank is he right now and how does his KDA look in matches having spent $13,000+ ?

I was only able to find a vod from 4 days ago where he PvPs and he was in...wait for it…Bronze V and complimenting a bronze wizard who didn’t even have black hole as being “fucking good”. Let me know when he’s in Gold+ and going 44-0 in matches.

Try playing the game mode first.

Edit: He’s in mid silver right now. Yeah…

Last edited:

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Yes, it has absolutely no impact above Silver, just like I said. As someone at the top of the leaderboards who consistently fights against Legendary rank and people with wings I stand behind that statement.

Rich went 44-0-7 in Bronze as DH, which is the equivalent of Iron/Bronze in League of Legends. I went 22-2 in my first match as f2p necro, guess I must have been hacking! What rank is he right now and how does his KDA look in matches having spent $13,000+ ?

I was only able to find a vod from 4 days ago where he PvPs and he was in...wait for it…Bronze V and complimenting a bronze wizard who didn’t even have black hole as being “fucking good”. Let me know when he’s in Gold+ and going 44-0 in matches.

Try playing the game mode first.

Rich is live right now with a 100% win rate in silver. Just saw him go 23-1 in a game. So maybe it changes when he next ranks up.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Which proves the point exactly. Guys still in low elo.

What server/region is he on? I thought all server event timers were linked but PvP doesn’t open up till 10pm Est for me.

Edit: He’s Rank 16 DH as Silver V on his server…lol. Battlegrounds PvP first places you in a match with people on your server and then fills the remaining slots with people on other servers.

Edit2: So he’s on a US west server block I guess and East and West can’t fight each other? That’s lame as shit.

Last edited:

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
If you're pushing content in this game as a melee you will get dropped, period.

@ the guy who said he's never used his 3 potions.
Ouch man that hurt, I'm like level 37 and thought I held my own but this game still isn't for me, maybe I'm terrible but honestly idgaf.

(I did use my potions here and there but they always refresh before I need another one.)