Diablo Immortal

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Not sure how much higher I can get with my 1 star and two 2 star FTP gems but fuck them whales

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
The best general-purpose solution to that I've seen is "dailies" or "weeklies" which give substantial rewards to players for doing a variety of things the developers think are fun. This has the downside of turning the game into something of a list of chores because before doing whatever you want to do, you cycle through a list of dailies.

God no, fuck meta-quests. I want to play, not check off a virtual grocery list. The justification for what you're doing should be internal to the game. If you want the players to do a particular thing, just make it fun and up the reward rate and they'll self-motivate.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
It's worth noting that you should count your legendaries that drop too. There's a diminishing return on their drop after the first one, and after you get 6 in a day, the drop rate is near zero. You'll likely not see one. Come back tomorrow.
Wow that I did not know. Now it makes sense. I remember on my barb we were spam running MKB and I was getting legendaries then around after my 5th drop I didn’t get any for hours.

Last edited:

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
This.

Its not as bad as Lost Ark, but at least there you have a situation where North American players are in a high-speed catch up to something many years old.

Diablo Immortal has :

Gear slot leveling
Stats on items reroll
Legendary extraction/inherit
Charm advancement
Helliquary advancement + slot items
Regular + Legendary Gems
Legacy of the Horadrim collection / levelling using the not-gems from the key-chests
Paragon levels
Rifts (Elder with crests + Challenge with advancement progression)
Horadric Altar book
Bounties
Shadow/Immortal levels + missions + challenges + Vault + Boons

It seems all a bit much
I don't know how much of DI is a reskin of existing Chinese products and how much was created by Blizzard, but I would not be surprised to learn that 90% of the game are existing features from one or multiple other games that their Asian partner provided. Bascially like the Lost Ark situation, but the source game is some no-name game nobody outside of China heard of.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow Blizzard really dropped the ball with this one. So I hit level 60 and asked the best way to get leggos since rifts are a waste of time unless you swiping your card. Usually with a game with a rift system the fastest and optimal way to get legendaries is doing the rifts. Well of course since it’s a P2W system players are farming library of Zulton Kulle. It’s a small area with tons of level 60 killing mobs within seconds. I’m talking about a pure AoE fest. No way in hell that is a enjoyable and rewarding play style. So your grouped up running around and killing anything that’s not a player hoping for it to drop a legendary. Take it for Blizz to fuck things up.
They grind that area because that is what someone else told them, probably the maxroll guy. It's not straight leggi drops they are after though, it's the monster essence. These provide the best xp and a good chance at leggo rewards when turned in. They will probably be nerfed, just like Bounties and zone events have been.

Thing is, you can find such areas all over the place.

Edit: MonkiBiz ingame / Zindan#1920 for BNet.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't know how much of DI is a reskin of existing Chinese products and how much was created by Blizzard, but I would not be surprised to learn that 90% of the game are existing features from one or multiple other games that their Asian partner provided. Bascially like the Lost Ark situation, but the source game is some no-name game nobody outside of China heard of.
Someone found the game when this was first announced, this is 100% fact.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Diablo franchise at this point feels like they skipped past "Do the players want a pineapple up their ass?" directly to "How far up their ass can we stick it?"

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
has Quin gotten his 5 star gem yet?

No, and he is up to over 12k NZD spent. He took big breaks to watch the OTK game expo yesterday and the summer game fest today. But I think he wants to milk this for as long as possible since he is getting a lot more views and attention on his quest to spend till he gets a 5 star.

Chris

Potato del Grande
No, and he is up to over 12k NZD spent. He took big breaks to watch the OTK game expo yesterday and the summer game fest today. But I think he wants to milk this for as long as possible since he is getting a lot more views and attention on his quest to spend till he gets a 5 star.
Not 100% sure but another streamer said you can just buy a 5/5 in one of the bundles for like $80 or something lol

vGrade

Potato del Grande
20220609_170241.jpg

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not 100% sure but another streamer said you can just buy a 5/5 in one of the bundles for like $80 or something lol
I saw the packages. I think its capped at 4 star, not 5. You also have to buy all the other packages that come before the major one. So 30 > 50 > 90 (iirc) to get the gem completely maxed out to 4 star.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

At this point it's better for him not to get one since it seems to be getting a ton of attention from so many fags. $12k investment probably has returned to him 10 fold through donations and eyeballs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
At this point it's better for him not to get one since it seems to be getting a ton of attention from so many fags. $12k investment probably has returned to him 10 fold through donations and eyeballs.
I'm hoping for peoples sake that they see the 8k USD he's spent and realize how futile it is to even try.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blessing of the Worthy, the cost is spread across 3 bundles, pretty sure its $100+.

Edit: Got a 4/5 gem yesterday, the one that summons a wolf that charges forward.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is an npc in Westmarch, named Taite. She will give you a choice of 2 Elite quests, and info on where to find Side Quests (3). For the Side Quests she shows you which zone to go to find 3 of them, but I'm wondering is this is bugged. The past 2 days I've went to her, got the info on Side Quests, but have only been able to complete 2 of 3, the 3rd one has been busted (the item / npc at the location is missing). Anyone else try these?