Disney Eyeing Chris Pratt For Indiana Jones Revival

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Do you need a big rugged man to hold you and tell you everything will be all right?
couldnt hurt.
smile.png

iannis

Musty Nester
If they absolutely must do this then Chris Pratt is a good choice.

That means the movie might be worth seeing just because he's in it, and at least it isn't Harrison Ford. I do not begrudge Harrison Ford but he hasn't given a fuck in a very long time. I think the last time he actually gave a fuck was in the movie Sabrina. Pretty sure he footed a large part of the bill for that movie, and it was made just because he loved the movie.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
We'll see how he does in the next Star Wars. I know that he broke his leg while filming, so we'll see for sure.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If kids want to see the indiana jones movies, they can dowload it or buy the blu ray/dvd.
That argument is used by fucks who don't care about the original material and say "err we need to make them in modern times herp derp"
And remaking old movies doesn't change the quality of the originals. They're still there if you want to watch them; go download it or buy the blu ray/dvd. Sequels, yes, I'd agree that they can possibly hurt the originals since they have the opportunity to directly affect and even change the stories of the originals. If it's a straight remake, though, why should you care? If you don't want to watch it, don't watch it. Just keep watching the original and it won't affect you or the original movie at all.

Bitching about remakes "ruining our childhood!!1!" is so tired and stupid. It's what miserable, joyless sad sacks of shit do, and I've learned that this forum is made up of 90% of said sad sacks of shit.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
And remaking old movies doesn't change the quality of the originals. They're still there if you want to watch them; go download it or buy the blu ray/dvd. Sequels, yes, I'd agree that they can possibly hurt the originals since they have the opportunity to directly affect and even change the stories of the originals. If it's a straight remake, though, why should you care? If you don't want to watch it, don't watch it. Just keep watching the original and it won't affect you or the original movie at all.

Bitching about remakes "ruining our childhood!!1!" is so tired and stupid. It's what miserable, joyless sad sacks of shit do, and I've learned that this forum is made up of 90% of said sad sacks of shit.
Who said anything about "change the quality"?
Why do you need to remake a movie for the sake of "modernizing it and allowing younger generations to watch it"? Is the next generation dumber thsn its predecessor, so it can't sit through 2-3 hours of a movie, with old sfx and less/no cgi?
And then it's the "this remake will make them wanting to see the original". Da fuck?! Again, are they dumb and can't see only the original? They need a "preview"?
So i assume next will have remakes of Charlie Chaplin movies (ugh they don't talk), Casablanca (ugh black and white) or ben-hur (too long...booooring).

People (young and adult) must realize that some movies are great and/or classics because they are groundbreaking in terms of sfx, story, characters or because they are made during a specific era, and are very fitting for that era.

But saying "remake this so that people will want to see the original" it's plain stupid.

About that, i am showing my girl tons of movies and i refered Predator. She was like "alien vs predator? i already seen it." "No. The original, that unfortunately spawned shit like that."
In the end, she loved the original and didn't understand why avp was so dull, generic and toned down.
Not remake but i think you get the point.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
And then it's the "this remake will make them wanting to see the original". Da fuck?! Again, are they dumb and can't see only the original? They need a "preview"?
About that, i am showing my girl tons of movies and i refered Predator. She was like "alien vs predator? i already seen it." "No. The original, that unfortunately spawned shit like that."
In the end, she loved the original and didn't understand why avp was so dull, generic and toned down.
You just proved the point I am making. The reason I don't mind remakes is because it brings the old movies back into the spotlight, which means people who might not have ever considered (or even heard of) watching the originals might be like, "Hmm, this new movie was alright, so maybe I'll check out the original that people have been talking about lately." If they were to remake Predator, people like your girlfriend might be prompted to go watch the original since everyone will be talking about it. Hell, lots of people not even know the originals of some movies exist until a remake is announced.

People (young and adult) must realize that some movies are great and/or classics because they are groundbreaking in terms of sfx, story, characters or because they are made during a specific era, and are very fitting for that era.
And how does a remake IN ANY WAY affect that? The originals are still widely available to go watch if someone wants to appreciate the original sfx, story, character, etc. You still haven't given a reason that remakes hurt, in any way, your enjoyment of the original. It's just bitching for the sake of bitching.

Xevy

Log Wizard
LEAST IT'S INDIANA JONES AND NOT INDIA JONES! HE GOT A PENIS LIKE DEM GHOSTBESTERZ SPOSED TUH!

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
If kids want to see the indiana jones movies, they can dowload it or buy the blu ray/dvd.
That argument is used by fucks who don't care about the original material and say "err we need to make them in modern times herp derp"
Why are you responding? They are obviously trolling. Remaking Indiana Jones would make the nazi's in Ark of the Covenant proud.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They need to stop trying to recreate, rejuvenate, and reboot . Indiana Jones was and should be left at that. Fucking come up with some new shit. There are millions of books and ideas, fictional and true, to come up with some new shit. Instead they just want to capitalize on someone else past wins.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Theyneedto stop trying to recreate, rejuvenate, and reboot.
No, they don't. You want them to. We would alllikethem to. They do not need to. Especially in this case because, as Cinge said, Disnay paid 4billiondollars for these properties from LucasFilm. They are going to use them.

The spastic response to remakes etc is ridiculously over the top anyways. No one is crying about 3:10 To Yuma, Little Shop of Horrors, Scent of a Woman or the hundreds of other movies that are all remakes of older films. It's not because you all hate remakes specifically, it's because you hate remakes of things you like. How many people in the Walter Mitty thread were throwing a shitfit because it was a remake?

The more valid argument is that they should wait longer to do remakes.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You just proved the point I am making. The reason I don't mind remakes is because it brings the old movies back into the spotlight, which means people who might not have ever considered (or even heard of) watching the originals might be like, "Hmm, this new movie was alright, so maybe I'll check out the original that people have been talking about lately." If they were to remake Predator, people like your girlfriend might be prompted to go watch the original since everyone will be talking about it. Hell, lots of people not even know the originals of some movies exist until a remake is announced.

And how does a remake IN ANY WAY affect that? The originals are still widely available to go watch if someone wants to appreciate the original sfx, story, character, etc. You still haven't given a reason that remakes hurt, in any way, your enjoyment of the original. It's just bitching for the sake of bitching.
i dont agree, a bad remake which the majority of these uninspired reboots tend to be, only make new people who dont know about the original, want nothing to do with it and it makes the people who know and love the original groan and want to murder the fucksticks who thought this was a good idea. then again as adam sandler has proven many times, the majority of people are dumbasses who will continue to pay to see the laziest made crap films.
the human race is doomed

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I just. Really? How about you make something new, Hollywood? Something that isn't complete fucking garbage. You can't even make shit you made 30 years ago better than you did then. Just pack it up.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its hilarious reading threads like this. The over the top whining and bitching that people do about re-boots/re-makes. Like it hasn't been happening since forever or that's all there is. Or worse the "my childhood" rants. Because its so hard to separate then and now.