Disney Eyeing Chris Pratt For Indiana Jones Revival

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I really like Chris Pratt, but it is clear that the BEST thing that ever happened to his career was James Gunn agreeing to give him the six (?) months to get in shape for Guardians, and Pratt actually doing it. There is no way he gets all these looks for prime roles if he's still Parks & Rec soft.

That being said, please let this be Indy's son, as mentioned above, and not a reboot. Please Baby Jesus, give us this one!
I believe it was Zero Dark Thirty where he did that first and probably set the tone, although no idea on the P&R shooting schedule vs filming schedules vs workout diets, etc... Anyways! That's my quota on obsessing over another dude's physique this month.

P.S. And I would subscribe to Mala's newsletter.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I believe it was Zero Dark Thirty where he did that first and probably set the tone, although no idea on the P&R shooting schedule vs filming schedules vs workout diets, etc... Anyways! That's my quota on obsessing over another dude's physique this month.

You might be correct, I'm just going off of his comments on the Guardians bluray.

He is dreamy though, isn't he?!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

P&R is over after this season. He can stay full time in GotG shape.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I don't have a problem with them either remaking the Indy movies with Pratt or doing sequels/prequels. The way I figure it is that the 3 good Indy movies are pretty damn old at this point, and there is an entire generation (or two!) of kids who have never seen them. As long as these movies are good (which I actually have faith in with Disney at the helm) they'd get younger people interested in checking out the old/original Indy movies.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah he first got ripped for Zero Dark Thirty. I remember he posted this around that time.

1355954984_8756_Untitled.jpg

He put some of the weight back on after that but not all of it.

When he was filming GotG he was in shape on P&R and they explained it with like 2 lines.

Anyways, if someonehasto be Indiana Jones I'd rather it be him than most others I guess.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't have a problem with them either remaking the Indy movies with Pratt or doing sequels/prequels. The way I figure it is that the 3 good Indy movies are pretty damn old at this point, and there is an entire generation (or two!) of kids who have never seen them. As long as these movies are good (which I actually have faith in with Disney at the helm) they'd get younger people interested in checking out the old/original Indy movies.
There were only 2 good Indiana Jones movies.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
No. No. No no no. No no no no no no no no. Nonononononononononono.

spronk

FPS noob
remember how your grandpa would complain all the time that old black and white or western movies (with gary cooper and john wayne) were the best and all the modern movies were crap with their spaceships and light swords and too handsome leading men?

sorry buddy, you are your grandpa now. probably a little bit less racist though, unless you still call morgan freeman that good lookin colored fella

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, but Morgan Freeman is 77 years old (yeah... I know) so he's probably used to being called a colored fella.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm trying to remember but in what movies does Morgan Freeman actually play a love interest. Do we ever see him with a wife or girlfriend?

Vastly different casting these days where most male leads are chosen simply for the "she wants the D" level.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In the director's cut of Driving Miss Daisy there's a pretty raunchy scene with him and Jessica Tandy. Full frontal. 3 words for you. Freckled. Black. Cock.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Depends on how they do it, Indy was never a big joker but I am sure Pratt can do whatever they need. The story is really the thing.

Just think, if they don't go prequel, they ARE going to go sequel. And look how the last one turned out. plz no more Mutt.
$5 say they saw him in GoTG and want him to play the same role except with a fedora.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Freeman has no gf because there are almost no elder black chicks in cinema to pair him with. They could hook him up with a white woman or a young black chick but it would look awkward. Freeman is probably the most asexual actor in hollywood.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Don't know they need to remake IJ. I think it's better left as the original 3 and forgot the 4th. Pratt probably is one of the better picks, but even in most movies he comes off kind of stupid. Maybe that's just me projecting Andy Dwyer on him, but even in GoTG he seemed to be confident but not necessarily intelligent. IJ kinda always has his shit together and a plan in the works unless he's reacting to shit (SNAKES).

I'm just glad they aren't grabbing Channing Tatum or Joseph Gordon-Levitt or some dumb shit like that.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
When watching GotG, the beginning scene when Starlord gets the orb I originally commented how "he's like a futuristic Indiana Jones."

So I'm happy with this if they do indeed end up going this route.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the problem with these classic roles is that they used classic manly looking actors, back then you could be 20 and look 40. actors today are in the late 20s and look barely old enough to shave. too many baby faces in hollywood,. its no wonder that more women are turning into pedophiles. just about the only chiseled relatively young actor these days is josh brolin and he doesnt fit the bill for indiana jones. you need a lanky tall fair haried actor that looks like a man, not a boy.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Josh Brolin is 46. And what the fuck kind of weird stream-of-consciousness Freudian shit was that post? Do you need a big rugged man to hold you and tell you everything will be all right?

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If kids want to see the indiana jones movies, they can dowload it or buy the blu ray/dvd.
That argument is used by fucks who don't care about the original material and say "err we need to make them in modern times herp derp"