Disney Eyeing Chris Pratt For Indiana Jones Revival

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just. Really? How about you make something new, Hollywood?
Yeah, Joe Hollywood! Why don't you make a movie about like...a child growing up..and film it over 12 years...and get it nominated for a bunch of Oscars! Or like a movie about a crazy overbearing music teacher who drives his student crazy while pushing him to his limits mentally!!! Or a movie about a washed up actor known for his one superhero role trying to launch his broadway play while fixing his personal life!

I mean, any of those would be better than the garbage you actually put out, Joe Hollywood!

But I guess if you kept making brilliant and nuanced movies like that I wouldn't be able to go in to histrionics over a casting rumor about a potential remake or maybe sequel or possibly reboot that's not scheduled yet and I have no timeframe or any actual concrete information on. DAMN YOU NEBULOUS POTENTIAL POSSIBLE THING I MIGHT NOT LIKE IN A FEW YEARS MAYBE!!!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Joe Hollywood! Why don't you make a movie about like...a child growing up..and film it over 12 years...and get it nominated for a bunch of Oscars! Or like a movie about a crazy overbearing music teacher who drives his student crazy while pushing him to his limits mentally!!! Or a movie about a washed up actor known for his one superhero role trying to launch his broadway play while fixing his personal life!

I mean, any of those would be better than the garbage you actually put out, Joe Hollywood!

But I guess if you kept making brilliant and nuanced movies like that I wouldn't be able to go in to histrionics over a casting rumor about a potential remake or maybe sequel or possibly reboot that's not scheduled yet and I have no timeframe or any actual concrete information on. DAMN YOU NEBULOUS POTENTIAL POSSIBLE THING I MIGHT NOT LIKE IN A FEW YEARS MAYBE!!!
Calm down bro, I know this was not directed at me, but you had one earlier that was. Its just my opinion. Its not about ruining my childhood or whatever reasons you have in your head why I dont like reboots, and I dont give a shit if Hollywood has been doing it since the beginning. I still think its a shitty idea, laziness and a cop out so they dont have to create or imagine something new. Lets just make another shitty Terminator 10 reboot instead.

I want something new. Again, there is plenty of good material to choose from, they dont even have to imagine it, just read some fucking books, for christs sake.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I want something new. Again, there is plenty of good material to choose from, they dont even have to imagine it, just read some fucking books, for christs sake.
That's another silly complaint. There ARE tons of new (as in not remakes, but based on source material like you said) movies every year.

*Edit* 10 seconds of Google searching came up with this list:2014 Movies - Complete List Of All Movies 2014 In TheatersHow many of those are remakes? I would wager a very, very tiny amount, even if you throw out the ones that weren't released by a big Hollywood studio.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Calm down bro, I know this was not directed at me, but you had one earlier that was. Its just my opinion. Its not about ruining my childhood or whatever reasons you have in your head why I dont like reboots, and I dont give a shit if Hollywood has been doing it since the beginning. I still think its a shitty idea, laziness and a cop out so they dont have to create or imagine something new. Lets just make another shitty Terminator 10 reboot instead.

It's like you intentionally quoted the wrong post to just have your entire response pre-picked apart.

They make a lot of movies every year(see list McCheese posted that i just edited out of my post so as not to be redundant). A couple are remakes/reboots/whatever. The vast majority are not. Some are shit, some are brilliant. Just like some remakes are shit(Karate Kid) and some are brilliant(21 Jump Street). A movie being based on a previous movie/show doesn't make it automatically bad. MOST movies are bad. An idea being original doesn't make it good. And even if it is good it doesn't mean the movie that comes from it will be any good.

Movies are good or bad because they are good or bad. Complaining that they are bad because they're remakes is basically saying the same people making a new movie would automatically make something better. If they were going to make a shitty movie that was a remake then odds are they would make a shitty movie that was original.

The originalThe Thingcame out in 1951. Pretty highly rated. The John Carpenter version came out in 1982. It was fantastic. Because it was fantastic. Being a remake didn't make it terrible. If they are going to make a good movie they'll make a good movie. That's it. Remake or not doesn't determine the quality. Shit, I'd wager on average remakes are slightly better than original movies just because they're generally coming from something already proven to work on film. Also because, again, movies are generally bad.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't like shitty reboots and remakes. I think that is pretty standard. But I am pretty ok with them remaking that Captain America movie instead of respecting the artistic freedom of the director's original vision.

Look, no matter how bad they fuck this up, it can't be worse than Crystal Skull. Even if Pratt makes a mediocre Jones, he will be better than whatever that movie was. So at least they are moving in the right direction.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Thanks, you decided what I'm having for lunch today!
Explosive shits?

820.jpeg

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't like shitty reboots and remakes. I think that is pretty standard. But I am pretty ok with them remaking that Captain America movie instead of respecting the artistic freedom of the director's original vision.

Look, no matter how bad they fuck this up, it can't be worse than Crystal Skull. Even if Pratt makes a mediocre Jones, he will be better than whatever that movie was. So at least they are moving in the right direction.
Maybe you are right...worse than crystal skull is impossible.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Gunn: There is probably no film that influenced me more as a child ? no film that excited me more or that I loved more ? than Raiders Of The Lost Ark

just pay gunn shitbags of money and no one will complain with pratt/gunn duo?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
All I see here is 'revival' and not remake or reboot. Granted it is a very semantic distinction but I mean The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles was pretty good, is able to exist in the same universe, and compliment the movies. I mean let's just dismiss Crystal Skull as having ever happened and best case here is they position this as an in between Indiana adventure while keeping within cannon. Dunno, I can see it working.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Am I the only one who liked Crystal Skull? I think I'm gay for Harrison Ford or something.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Am I the only one who liked Crystal Skull? I think I'm gay for Harrison Ford or something.
No i liked Indy 4, i have no idea why everyone complains so much about it. But hey, these guys will have pages and pages about how good John Wick is, go figure.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
When I saw that, in the theater opening weekend, someone in the theater yelled out "OH COME THE FUCK ON"

So bad. So, so bad.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
While I didn't find it great, I found Crystal Skull entertaining enough while I watched it. I'll never watch it again, but for that one viewing I didn't mind it.