Disney+ Streaming Service

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The guy I work with still thinks defragging solves everything, so might wanna try that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiki

Log Wizard
Well Europe was whining to Netflix and YouTube to down grade video quality to lessen the burden on providers. Assuming Disney is doing it for the same reason.

I thought Europe was supposed to have better internet than us?

• 1Worf

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Not sure why they bothered, I was reading that the average data use is up, but the peaks are lower as everyone isn't coming home from work and switching on Netflix at the same time , its more spread out. Nice excuse to save money though I guess.

spronk

FPS noob

thats ~$250-400m/month (depending on mix of annual vs monthly) in fees Disney is pulling in every month for Disney+, or $3-5 billion a year. For a streaming service with almost no new content, albeit a massive back catalog especially good for kids and quarantine.

Crazy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Like most people who have a Verizon plan we got 12 free months of Disney+ so they won't be getting any money from us until 2021. I imagine that's a noticeable chunk of the userbase.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Like most people who have a Verizon plan we got 12 free months of Disney+ so they won't be getting any money from us until 2021. I imagine that's a noticeable chunk of the userbase.

Which means 7 million of those Disney+ subscribers are fraudulent via Verizon. I'm looking for additional numbers now via promotional packages. but off the top, a solid 5-7m are fake.

7m is quite a large chunk to start off with debunking the spronk narrative though.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Everything is fine though because Disney lied about how many subscribers they have.

That's gotta count for something toward cash flow right? Ain't that how Wallstreet works?

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Which means 7 million of those Disney+ subscribers are fraudulent via Verizon. I'm looking for additional numbers now via promotional packages. but off the top, a solid 5-7m are fake.

7m is quite a large chunk to start off with debunking the spronk narrative though.
Fake is not really the right term, but you’re right you can’t apply the standard rate to all of those subs. There’s no way Verizon isn’t paying disney something for those subs. But also a lot of people bought the reduced price 3 year thing too

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Behind the scenes mandalorian show is garbage Hollywood reporter style round tables. Watch prop culture instead.

Last edited:

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
same here, every customer of the #1 ISP (Deutsche Telekom) gets six months of free Disney+. Both cell phone contracts and landline contracts apply.