Disney+ Streaming Service

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Verizon had to pay something for those. You guys are acting lile Verizon can just hand out free Disney shit. Either they got a deal and a reduced rate for a bulk deal or they are paying the full price. Either way Disney is making a bunch of money on those subs.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I know the movies are kinda trash but fuck me if I don’t enjoy them anyways
Remember when Hollywood made kind of middling fare? I remember in the 80's growing up there were all of these movies that weren't blockbusters or competing in the blockbuster space that were just kind of mid-budget "good" movies. National Treasure seems like it would fall into that rank for me; never going to make a billion but also didn't cost a 200mil to make. Now it seems like everything made in the US is huge franchise level movies, or comedies; at least it was comedies for a while. The movie industry has evolved in a very I think unhealthy way in the last 20 years.

DeadPool is the last movie I can think of that really kind of hit this mark ( only costing 45m to make) but I guess the only person doing this today is Blumhouse. Perhaps my memory of the movies is just skewed? There just seemed to be a class of movie that wasn't swinging for the fences, without a plan for a franchise, John Wick-esque; that we watched by the dozen, that video stores were full of, that I guess streaming has taken the place of? I don't know that this post has a point really, but for that missing class of content which I guess of which TV/Streaming took its place. Who wants to watch a half-ass movie when you can watch 6-12 hours of a great TV series? My own post asked and answered. Thanks, FOH!

Back on topic, re: Disney+, they are giving away millions of subs to people in India as part of some subscriber deal as well. People I work with have it now as part of some package they bought and were talking about it.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Verizon had to pay something for those. You guys are acting lile Verizon can just hand out free Disney shit. Either they got a deal and a reduced rate for a bulk deal or they are paying the full price. Either way Disney is making a bunch of money on those subs.
that cost isnt being passed onto the individual. its not like you got an extra 5 bucks added to your bill. because people would cancel it and its probably not legal to get charged for premium stations you never authorized. its still a false statement to claim 7 million subs from X when those 7 million didnt order the service.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
that cost isnt being passed onto the individual. its not like you got an extra 5 bucks added to your bill. because people would cancel it and its probably not legal to get charged for premium stations you never authorized. its still a false statement to claim 7 million subs from X when those 7 million didnt order the service.
They did though. They opted into it and disney got paid. They are subscribers.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They did though. They opted into it and disney got paid. They are subscribers.
i never had verizon or whatever this service is on. i used to have Directv before i cut the cord. but i think packages included bundles of dozens of other channels. like if you grab the movie package you get the channel you wanted along with some other shit tier channels you probably never watch. was this pakage a disney specific deal or is it included in your basic service? cuz if its part of a disney channel package and it comes with all the other disney channels including Disney+? cuz then ok that can count. if its part of your basic service which can include disney stuff but a shit load of other non disney stuff, then i would say no that doesnt count.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i never had verizon or whatever this service is on. i used to have Directv before i cut the cord. but i think packages included bundles of dozens of other channels. like if you grab the movie package you get the channel you wanted along with some other shit tier channels you probably never watch. was this pakage a disney specific deal or is it included in your basic service? cuz if its part of a disney channel package and it comes with all the other disney channels including Disney+? cuz then ok that can count. if its part of your basic service which can include disney stuff but a shit load of other non disney stuff, then i would say no that doesnt count.

This was a limited promotion to Verizon users for when Disney+ launched. It was a free 12 months of the service. After those 12 you have to pay like normal. The deal is also no longer active. It was obviously done to help build the user base, but pretty sure there was still money involved on that deal. Nothing is ever free.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This was a limited promotion to Verizon users for when Disney+ launched. It was a free 12 months of the service. After those 12 you have to pay like normal. The deal is also no longer active. It was obviously done to help build the user base, but pretty sure there was still money involved on that deal. Nothing is ever free.
probably they did it like drug dealers will give out free junk to kids to get them hooked and then they pay for their next fix. they probably hope people forget when their free sub ends and then they can get a bunch of extra months out of them before they cancel. thats why i never sign up for the "free" stuff because as you said, nothing is ever free. if verizon is like the other asshole providers they make it a pain in the ass to cancel anything.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
probably they did it like drug dealers will give out free junk to kids to get them hooked and then they pay for their next fix. they probably hope people forget when their free sub ends and then they can get a bunch of extra months out of them before they cancel. thats why i never sign up for the "free" stuff because as you said, nothing is ever free. if verizon is like the other asshole providers they make it a pain in the ass to cancel anything.

Verizon has nothing to do with their Disney+ subs. They just gave them a free 12 months. If they cancel, they cancel through Disney. Verizon is out of it. But yeah, it's one of those things where they get you to sub and hope you just deal with it afterwards. Although Disney+ is pretty cheap, people will just live with it.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can’t wait to see what influence they wield owning one third of one percent!

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
8NuyqJO.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol @ thinking Disney will fall victim to Saudi influence. Those suits in Burbank are clever fucks, the power will remain aligned where it is for a long time to come.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like how people are losing their shit in the comments because they are mislead by the tweet. The Disney company is valued at around 130 billion dollars if Google speaks true, and as Falstaff already said, 500 million is 0.38% of that sum.

It's even worse if you actually divide the 5 million shares by the float of 1.8bn, then we're just talking 0.27%

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Days of Future past
Fantastic 4 (the newest one)
X-men Apocalypse are all now on Disney+