Disney+ Streaming Service

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Mindhunter, Stranger Things, Ozark and Narcos are worth the price of admission by themselves. Godless was also really good but I imagine a lot of people never saw it because they marketed it as something it wasn't at all... some weird female only western. Atypical S1 is pretty damn funny (S2 gets way too much into cliche family drama) and Sex Education was a lot better than I thought it would be as well.

They also have some very good Docuseries like Formula 1: Drive to Survive, Wild Wild Country and 1994

Netflix subscriptions don't exactly break the bank and their TV shows are pretty good compared to any other Network out there. Their movies are awful though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Where is season three of Stranger Things?

Its going to be jarring when almost entire cast age from 14 to 18 from one season to the next.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ozark, Bojack Horseman, Mindhunter, Black Mirror, The Umbrella Academy, Dead to Me, Love+Death+Robots. Those are some of the best that range from A+ to A- and there are many more B and C shows that are still as good or better than all of network TV and most of cable TV.

Ok i wil concede that a few of those were good. But thats just a few out of dozens and dozens which are utter shit. Look, all im saying is they need to do some quality control. One good show out of 8 or 10 is not a good showing.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ok i wil concede that a few of those were good. But thats just a few out of dozens and dozens which are utter shit. Look, all im saying is they need to do some quality control. One good show out of 8 or 10 is not a good showing.

I completely agree; however, the only two networks that I think have a better track record of good shows to shit shows are FX and HBO. AMC is close, all the others are far more shit with an occasional hit.

spronk

FPS noob
They have quality control, its just after the fact. It takes a few years to get enough data and pinpoint data so you know what viewers want, as opposed to saying what they SAY they want. Netflix has figured out a lot in the past year, they pretty much have said shows are only good for 3-5 seasons in terms of impact on subs, and they have pretty good ideas now on what topics, faces, etc bring in and keep subs.

Networks run on the idea of "quality control", and its horrendous. You get stupid shit because some network exec peddles his/her personal tastes and vision and bends everything towards dog shit nobody wants, aka amazon in the first 3-4 years of streaming.

The flip side of course is that what you want may be in the minority. I don't like Adam Sandler, but he is apparently super popular on netflix. Another one that really surprised me was that new show by Ava Duverney about the central park 5 kids who got railroaded into admitting guilt on a white joggers rape back in the early 90s. I don't wanna see any stuff like that but its Netflix #1 most watched show in the past month by their PR. I thought for sure them hiring her was a mistake and she'll just crank out shit I don't care about (and she has) but I am totally wrong in judging how popular that stuff is apparently among US netflix subs. Of course I wonder if anyone outside the USA cares?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They have quality control, its just after the fact. It takes a few years to get enough data and pinpoint data so you know what viewers want, as opposed to saying what they SAY they want. Netflix has figured out a lot in the past year, they pretty much have said shows are only good for 3-5 seasons in terms of impact on subs, and they have pretty good ideas now on what topics, faces, etc bring in and keep subs.

Networks run on the idea of "quality control", and its horrendous. You get stupid shit because some network exec peddles his/her personal tastes and vision and bends everything towards dog shit nobody wants, aka amazon in the first 3-4 years of streaming.

The flip side of course is that what you want may be in the minority. I don't like Adam Sandler, but he is apparently super popular on netflix. Another one that really surprised me was that new show by Ava Duverney about the central park 5 kids who got railroaded into admitting guilt on a white joggers rape back in the early 90s. I don't wanna see any stuff like that but its Netflix #1 most watched show in the past month by their PR. I thought for sure them hiring her was a mistake and she'll just crank out shit I don't care about (and she has) but I am totally wrong in judging how popular that stuff is apparently among US netflix subs. Of course I wonder if anyone outside the USA cares?

I haven't watched, or plan to watch, When They See Us, but I heard it's just all SJW fluff and they leave out a lot of shit.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm hearing the ATT/Time Warner streaming service will feature a wifi/5g dongle ala fire stick.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm just wondering if, since they own them, Time Warner will close the DC streaming service and fold it into this....

That shit is dying and they are cancelling shows. I don't know if it will even survive to switch. It sucks cuz the show that got a second season, Titans, is probably the worst one so far.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
That shit is dying and they are cancelling shows. I don't know if it will even survive to switch. It sucks cuz the show that got a second season, Titans, is probably the worst one so far.

Yeah, I hold out hope for Doom Patrol, and that they would resuscitate Swamp Thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Weren't they saying Disney+ was only going to be like... $9/month early on? I wonder if you can get it without bundling ESPN & Hulu?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The problem is that 12 months after it launches it will be $18 and then go to $25 before it is two years old.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users