Disney+ Streaming Service

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
woops!

That’s not surprising to me. They use to always have a Star Wars or Marvel tv show running at all time, maybe 2 weeks break at most between them. They haven‘t kept to that pace in a while. Also they are a lot slower to have their movies streaming after their theater release. Both these things make it a lot less interesting to keep a sub going all the time.

I know I cancelled because of this, will no longer keep a sub all year long(still have a few months left to my yearly sub), it will then join the rotation with other streaming services where I sub for a month every 3-4 months or so.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That’s not surprising to me. They use to always have a Star Wars or Marvel tv show running at all time, maybe 2 weeks break at most between them. They haven‘t kept to that pace in a while. Also they are a lot slower to have their movies streaming after their theater release. Both these things make it a lot less interesting to keep a sub going all the time.

I know I cancelled because of this, will no longer keep a sub all year long(still have a few months left to my yearly sub), it will then join the rotation with other streaming services where I sub for a month every 3-4 months or so.
sure, lots of people tag in and out through the year. this is the second quarter for losses and they put a hold on a lot of their D+ shows due to many billions in losses. so they cut more to make up for the lost revenue, then they lose more subs due to lost or cancelled new content. then they will cut more content. rinse and repeat.

spronk

FPS noob
its not yet a huge deal since 90% of the lost subs were in india due to them not streaming some gay sport (cricket?) anymore, and indian subs only pay like $2/mo for d+. They actually gained a tiny bit of customers in north america which is still where all the money is.

it'll definitely accelerate though as Disney announced as well plans to slow down even more content drops and start releasing their content to other services, probably not big stuff like Marvel/Star Wars but all the shit nobody watches could go to ABC or freeTV (ads) streaming sites

with content slowdowns and the writers strike and the upcoming netflix account sharing blocking coming soon its gonna be a crazy next 12 months.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Disney will be yanking content from streaming as it rethinks its costs and strategy, and is looking at a content impairment charge of $1.5 billion to $1.8 billion as it does.

“We are in the process of reviewing the content on our DTC services to align with the strategic changes in our approach to content curation,” said CFO Christine McCarthy on the company’s post-earnings call.

“As a result, we will be removing certain content from our streaming platforms, and currently expect to take an impairment charge of approximately $1.5 to $1.8 billion. The charge, which will not be recorded in our segment results will primarily be recognized in the third quarter as we complete our review and remove the content.”

She didn’t specify any programming.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Disney+ will probably be gone in a year. and probably most other streaming services along with it. Netflx, Prime and Apple will be the big 3. HBO is likely not going to survive either. its in their interest to shut that shit down and focus on cable and cinema. the streaming service kneecapped both of them. cant do all three.

• 1Picard
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
its not yet a huge deal since 90% of the lost subs were in india due to them not streaming some gay sport (cricket?) anymore, and indian subs only pay like $2/mo for d+. They actually gained a tiny bit of customers in north america which is still where all the money is.

I think the amount lost in India was over 5 million, so they actually gained subs in regions where people actually pay a real sub fee.

There is also no way they didn't expect this, they chose not to renew the contract. Cricket was obviously not making them the fat stacks. This isn't directTV losing NFL Sunday Ticket

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Article says they lost 300k in US and Canada. Are you saying they gained 300k+ in Mexico?

Oldbased

> Than U
Says HBO won't last a year when HBO is gone in 9 days.
Just can't splain it.

Also I pay $2.99 for D+ in America. It's a Hulu addon they offer about everyone.
I get Hulu and Disney for $5.13 a month.

HBO Max becomes just Max on May 23rd..

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Disney+ will probably be gone in a year. and probably most other streaming services along with it. Netflx, Prime and Apple will be the big 3. HBO is likely not going to survive either. its in their interest to shut that shit down and focus on cable and cinema. the streaming service kneecapped both of them. cant do all three.
Are you taking bets with real money, perhaps?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Are you taking bets with real money, perhaps?
1684157350558.jpeg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users