Divinity: Original Sin 2

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I've seen someone say the same thing on reddit, I'm not sure how, the buttons on the minimap are pretty obvious so I checked what they did almost right away and noticed one was waypoint stuff. You can definitely waypoint from anywhere and once you have them you can just drop pyramids so you can go back to where you were instantly. Good for checking vendor resets and stuff if you have some money but some lacking gear.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Now that I'm partially into act 2 (level 10 team) I'm starting to feel as though my dps is falling behind playing lone wolf. Wondering if maybe I should have gone with a full team. 6 ap per round x2 for lonewolf is still a net loss from 4 ap per round x4 with a normal team, and I don't think the extra stats make up the difference.

None of the companions are on the boat for me at my point in the story, so I'd have to restart to do a full team (or use generic hired characters with zero storyline.... no thanks).

turbo

Molten Core Raider
i saw it before i just thought it was a list of the way points and didn't actually notice you could click the travel button hah. Oh joy; man tactician out the gate with no conjure definitely makes you fucking try at the first part of the game before you get any gear on line. I've been holding off on pick pocketing to wait until i get 1 mroe level in it so i can get the 1100 gold limit and get abunch of the lvl 2 skill books (just hit lvl , think that is when they open up but alas didn't get a civil point lvl this time.

Clerics fucking suck early on holy shit, but once i get him a good shield and full support spells on line should be more useful for my rogue/ranger/2H inquisitor. Oh those new people playing rogues don't overlook elemental arrow ability or the elemental talent that adds damage to target standing in elements. Does alot of damage early on, gave him glass cannon on top of that and he definitely carries fights early on. I position him high up and start shooting to get a fight started so enemy comes to me. Definitely mvp until my damn rogue comes on line here once i get the unique weapons from fort.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now that I'm partially into act 2 (level 10 team) I'm starting to feel as though my dps is falling behind playing lone wolf. Wondering if maybe I should have gone with a full team. 6 ap per round x2 for lonewolf is still a net loss from 4 ap per round x4 with a normal team, and I don't think the extra stats make up the difference.

None of the companions are on the boat for me at my point in the story, so I'd have to restart to do a full team (or use generic hired characters with zero storyline.... no thanks).

Play a team of 4 running Glass Cannon. 6x4, gets shit done quick.

Rime

<Donor>
Glass Cannon is good, but for some of the fights (Blackpits tower fight or the Eternal fight) you are not going to be able to burst everything down in one round on tactician mode and they apply SO FRELLING MANY status disabilities.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lol jesus christ, i got to act 2 and got the bone spider spell on my summoner that is... 8 i think? thing has like 1050 hps vs my 120hp normie summon.

How often does that merchant refresh spell books?

Rime

<Donor>
Ride the bone spider train to victory!

I am shocked it was not nerfed. On my actual summoner, the only 'Summoning' spell it ever casts is Charm. Otherwise, Bone Widow with 16 Summoning and 2 Necro has over over 5k HP and hits for 500+. Every character has Bone Widow in my group. Even with the lowest points in Necromancy and none in Summoning, it still has like 1800hp. They make amazing meat shields.

Needless

Toe Sucker
hahaha im gonna do that too, that's so fucking retarded. I alrdy put 1 into necro on each char for it.

I have no shame in that kinda play~

Rime

<Donor>
I usually try to avoid 'that type of play', but some of the fights on Tactician are just... stupidly unfair.

Only one NPC has been unkillable by me thus far. Corpse of Alice Alisceon. Avoid that fight as it does not seem to add anything or be required for anything.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Alice took me two tries. First I walked up and she literally incinerated the entire party on her opening turn. Second I unchained everyone, spread them all out and had them drink Fire Resist potions before engaging. Went way better. Burst through her armor, chain knockdowns like any other strong single target.

There are a bunch of good fights in Act 2 that are decently challenging. The worst for me was that stupid scarecrow fight still... fucking Fear Aura bullshit.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Alice is 100% reliant on unchaining your party and spreading out yea. If you don't she'll just oneshot everyone.

I hadn't noticed her area until I was basically done with act 2 and was like level 17 and she still deleted my entire party with one spell. My wand+shield summoner had like 2200 magic armor and still died instantly -_-

Rime

<Donor>
On Tactician, she still nearly one-shots a person a round, even spread out and rocking a fire resist potions... There is no quest to kill her (you can do the Witches Brew quest without her) and she does not drop anything special, does she?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Alice took me two tries. First I walked up and she literally incinerated the entire party on her opening turn. Second I unchained everyone, spread them all out and had them drink Fire Resist potions before engaging. Went way better. Burst through her armor, chain knockdowns like any other strong single target.

There are a bunch of good fights in Act 2 that are decently challenging. The worst for me was that stupid scarecrow fight still... fucking Fear Aura bullshit.

I did the scarecrow yesterday but since I went the other way first, I was 13 when he was 12, so it was a snoozefest, the only thing that got feared is the slime I summoned and they all died really quickly. Levels make a huge difference for this sort of fight. On the other hand while I was visiting the other side I saw a few fights I couldn't do(the wolf thing and Alice) and a couple more I didn't try, I'll clear the rest of the map first.

Every level has such a jump in item stats though it feels you have to regear every few hours completely it's kinda weird. Like I got some random blue 14dagger somehow soon after hitting 13(I assume it was lvl locked) and it was basically twice as much damage as my lvl 12 daggers. Not sure I'm a fan of the item scaling, I think in the first one items were viable for a lot longer but in this 2-3levels later you kinda want to replace gear because of the huge amount of armor you're losing if you don't. Shields are especially aggravating since you really want to upgrade them every level, but I have 3 shield users so it's hard finding new shields for everyone.

Rime

<Donor>
The Lamenting Abomination (Wolf-en-stein) is a huge cock if you do not have loads of burst to take him down. I did him at the same level as he was and had to 'cheese' it (get my summons out early, everyone positioned where I needed them, etc).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The Lamenting Abomination (Wolf-en-stein) is a huge cock if you do not have loads of burst to take him down. I did him at the same level as he was and had to 'cheese' it (get my summons out early, everyone positioned where I needed them, etc).
I was 2 levels under so I tried a couple of times then gave up. Doesn't help that he apparently skips my high wits mage turn because he has some weird "always act first" rule or whatever and since that's my wits mage, apparently it just cancels her turn? Anyway I tried a couple of times but I wasn't nearly high enough level to kill him, he was hitting for way too much. I think once I'm at high lvl enough and start my rogue stealthed instead of in front, it probably won't be that hard. But like most of the stuff on that side looked too high level so I just left and went back the other side I'll come back after I'm done doing whatever's on the paladin side.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
Problem with the Lamenting Abomination is that the adds he summons ALL buff him on their first turn, with a stacking +Crit and +Damage buff. So if you cannot one turn him, he hits for 1k+ damage for each of his attacks in the second round. Really a 'lame' sort of fight.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but finesse armor is the best armor in the game at least for tactician mode right? The only bonus I'm not sure they can roll is +int or +str, but then again I'm not sure they can't. It just seems with the current armor/magic armor system that if you were to play a tanky fighter or any kind mage your best setup would be one hand/wand and shield with finesse armor to keep both your armor and magic armor high. Of course traditional rogues and archers will wear it anyway. The only subset I could see not using it is the two handed or dual wielding fighter archetypes if finesse indeed can't roll strength.

edit: You would have to spin a couple points here and there in to finesse instead of your main stat to equip the armor but I don't think it would be that bad especially if you are running lonewolf.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I might have ragged on the voice acting in this game but the sound design, especially the music is top notch. I seriously turn my music up all the way.