Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
EE isn't available for Mac yet. Next month or something like that.
Ok. Yeah looks like I just have the original up and running. Downloading that now. I never made it that far.

I bought Wasteland 2 for PS4. Kind of wishing I had bought that on PC now because I would be able to download the Mac Version and take it with me on the plane.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is this worth picking up at $40? Is co-op fun or just "yep it exists"?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I haven't played co-op but it was my favorite game of last year. As soon as I get a chance I'm going to go right back through it again with the changes.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Is this worth picking up at $40? Is co-op fun or just "yep it exists"?
Do you like top down, turn based old school RPGs like Icewind Dale? If yes, then at $40 it's a steal. As far as co-op, I haven't touched it, but I've heard good things.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This game was awesome and for someone whos not really fond of turn based RPGs i played the f out of this and for the price you cant go wrong.

Citz

Silver Squire
As for multiplayer, if you have a friend you can play with, you will have a shit-ton of fun. You both control 1 main character. As for the other two optionals in your party, they can be controlled by either of you.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thing about coop from my understanding is you can't like, make a char and join someone's game, it's a locked coop type of game where you make your char when they make theirs and then you can only play coop with them on that char. Whoever hosts I believe can keep playing regardless by controlling both chars, but like it's not entirely free form and shit so you need someone who will play as much as you/whenever you play for the best experience. It is other than that pretty good, and it seems it'd be a lot faster to complete non combat content(like all the city quests in cyseal) by splitting up and shit. You can also throw a barrel of oil at your friend and light him on fire.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
You can also throw a barrel of oil at your friend and light him on fire.
The friendly fire scenarios while co-op can lead to some funny, though sometimes annoying situations. When I did the co-op playthrough, I was playing a mage and my friend was doing a melee rogue. He would hit things, causing them to bleed and leave blood pools. I would use lightning bolts, which as a side effect would electrify the blood pools he happened to be now standing in, getting him stunned. He wasn't happy!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
For people who want to min max and shit btw, some important changes to homestead features:

First, the stat and skill books don't respawn every level. I think this is fairly well known, but an important thing, you don't have to rush to unlock it to get max amount of points.

Second, respecing doesn't remove your spells anymore. That means you don't need to worry about wether or not you have enough money to rebuy all your shit or craft the books that aren't sold in shops and all that shit. That also means you probably don't want to be like me and float a bunch of points so you don't mess up your build and don't have to respec cause fuck finding the books, now you can definitely pick all those early game talents like all skilled up and bigger and better and shit and respec out of them later at no cost(well 1k gold but eh).

Caliane

EE+tactician so far is pretty great. im at like 6hours now. 50% of cyseal, and the lighthouse done.
Most of the new voicework is very good. Some noticeable rewrites to dialogue, etc. Timelady considerably redone. "nobody has as many friends" rework is lame!

I'm kindof up in the air on builds atm. I started witch, and ranger. ranger has geomancy as well. But, then I want to play with the new story companions too.. which are rogue and ranger.
Currently running, madora+bairdotr.

tank, ranger, ranger, witch is working well, if a bit boring with 2 rangers.
I don't think I can swap madora for the rogue.

I don't know if respecing is earlier now or not.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Someone on reddit posted a PSA yesterday saying that Moloch was nerfed to 1 talent = 1 ability point. That would greatly change the value of those "useless" late game talents if it is true.

-------------------

Is there some trick to getting good wands early on? Literally every fucking wand I loot or see on a vendor is fire damage. I've got a bunch of air essences so I could craft some, but there's only one recipe and it makes a really high level wand from what I understand.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Hmm the co-op being locked into the story might hurt my chances of completing it that way. Sucks scheduling that stuff perfectly.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Someone on reddit posted a PSA yesterday saying that Moloch was nerfed to 1 talent = 1 ability point. That would greatly change the value of those "useless" late game talents if it is true.

-------------------

Is there some trick to getting good wands early on? Literally every fucking wand I loot or see on a vendor is fire damage. I've got a bunch of air essences so I could craft some, but there's only one recipe and it makes a really high level wand from what I understand.
Hmm he did say 1 for 1, but I haven't actually tested so not sure, though I guess that makes sense as it was kinda strong at 10 for 1. Not sure about crafting wands, I have 2 mages and they always have a good assortment of wands of the right level, but I don't DW so they only use 1 wand each which is fine. I also don't use them for damage, mostly CC/summons/buffs and wand stuff when I have nothing better to do. I would assume crafting works the same way it does for every other weapon though, that is to say it gives you a wand equal to your level, with bonuses based on your crafting level(so 5 would give it like +1int or whatever). That's how every other weapon works.

And Caliane, respec is still the same. It can be done relatively early though, but you need a fairly solid group since you need to fight that boss guy in the trial, they're lvl 13. I did it at 10 and it was rough and was very reliant on CCing the boss so he wouldn't do his fucking nonsense shit and kill him first. I think if you barrel him while he's talking to you, it could probably be done at like 7 or 8. You get 3 stones for that, 2 in cyseal, 1 on the side of the road right before leaving cyseal for the forest so you'd need only one more, like say black cove one which is doable pretty early, or if you just do the story the last boss of cyseal also has one.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When you say good assortment do you mean you actually find wands that aren't fire? I'm like level 7 now and every single one I have except the ones I started with and the one I made with the free DLC shit is fire. Air wands that only do 8-13 damage aren't particularly useful now.

It takes crafting 4 to make a wand, and I've had almost no luck finding +crafting items at all yet. One bracer is all I've got, so I can't even try to make one.

Since I'm never going to use Jahan, is it practical to recruit him and just spend his points on raising crafting? My understanding is that hirelings no longer keep up in level with you when not being used, but benched companions still do. Haven't tested it though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
For crafting gear, you want to buy some, but there's only 2 slots with +crafting, bracers and belt and belt only start spawning at 7 or 8 iirc. Once they do though, definitely get one. Or just use a henchman bitch with crafting on it. I don't know about leveling up with you though. Jahan is fine, he has Scientist too so that's +1 for free. Find the 2 items and you only need 3 ability points to get it done.

And ironically, I haven't found a fire wand since lvl 3. I only get water/air ones. Air ones are annoying as shit too cause they electrify pools of blood randomly so I try not to use them, at least fire do good damage(other than against fire mobs obviously).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Encountered a strange bug. Arhu has disappeared from his study and I can't find him anywhere.

Super annoying.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
After major story events, Arhu will teleport near to you and run up to initiate dialogue when you enter a new area. You may have portaled somewhere, then immediately portaled somewhere else, leaving Arhu stuck near a waypoint. Check them all, see if he's around (usually in cat form, so he's hard to notice).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Not seeing him anywhere. I'm pretty early in the game (finishing Cyseal). I wanted to get that stupid robot remote, but its not in his office or anything. Although I do have the quest, I don't recall asking anyone for it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Encountered a strange bug. Arhu has disappeared from his study and I can't find him anywhere.

Super annoying.
Edit: whoops was scrolled up. He still should be somewhere from a triggered cutscene though. Did you ever talk to him at the entrance of the city? I think you're forced to, but might as well check, that and every portal in town, and the forest if you went there just to check(the area past the fire stuff).