Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Not seeing him anywhere. I'm pretty early in the game (finishing Cyseal). I wanted to get that stupid robot remote, but its not in his office or anything. Although I do have the quest, I don't recall asking anyone for it.
Minor spoilers below but any of these events should trigger his appearance.

After you fight Braccus, Arhu now appears and directs you toward the White Witch.
He then sends you off to the Shelter Plane.

After the confrontation with Evelyn, Arhu appears to send you to Braccus or to find
the White Witch.

After you return from the Homestead, Arhu will talk to you at any Waypoint in
Cyseal. He gives you a teleporter pyramid.

Arhu now appears at the entrance of Luculla to guide you toward the Witch's cabin. If
you haven't done the Jake quest by now, he'll tell you to go back instead.

If you missed the manual in the mines, Icara and/or Arhu will send you back.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
just picked up the Enhanced Edition the other day (just got a PS4 and this looked interesting)

I'm having some trouble early on in the murder mystery quest in cyseal, I didn't have anyone with the pet-pal ability and I couldnt advance the quest past the part of getting Esmerelda to blame the other bitch. Are normal walkthroughs for the non-enchanged edition ok to use for these quests or did they change things in the Enhanced Edition so that a walkthrough from the normal version isn't up to snuff any more?

I like the idea of the game so far, but I'll admit I'm a bit frustrated as I can't seem to advance this initial quest and I can't find what I'm missing.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
normal walkthrough should be close. I think only a few minor changes to the murder mystery.

pet pal aides the quest for sure. but is not required.

Sounds like you need to talk to Evelyn or get into her house, to find out where she vanished to? the mayor, the duke, the room are all additional places to talk to and check. and jakes dog with petpal.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Barebones, completely spoiled walkthrough for the murder quest:

Get into evelyns house southwest of the healer's building (pick the door, break it down, or get the key after evelyn leaves town).
Find the reveal spell scroll from evelyns house.
Go through the north eastern cave tunnel (the one with the out of control robot).
On the other side of the tunnel, in the southwestern area of the beach, read the reveal scroll in front of the sealed cave.
Go inside the now revealed lair, kill evelyn, report success to the lieutenant and the commander.
None of your four suspects actually did it!

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll work through this tonight then. My holdup is not breaking down her door, for some reason I can't seem to pick it and she won't leave town.

good to know I can refer to a normal version walkthrough incase I get stumped again.

thanks guy

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
shes still in the healers house? did you talk to the captain to turn in your evidence, and make an accusation?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
She won't leave town until Esmirelda (?) blames / suggests you investigate her which IIRC happens after you find the book on murder from her bedroom, and bloody dagger from the basement secret room. I don't believe you have to actually accuse anyone with the captain of the guard to advance it, as once you confront Jake's wife she points you directly towards Evelyn who then disappears from the healer study & leaves her backpack (with the key in it) behind.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Also remember to steal every single painting in town to get fat stacks of cash!

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Can confirm Evelyn won't skip town until after you confront Esmerelda with all the evidence you find in her house. Having beat the game before, I thought I'd skip a few steps and just tear down Evelyn's door... but those are some sturdy doors.

Tenks

Yeah I thought I tried to whack down the door but I was doing 1 damage and getting no where. I also thought I could tear down the general store's doors easier in the non-enhanced edition. But they were also taking dick for damage. Theres prime paintings to steal in there!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can confirm Evelyn won't skip town until after you confront Esmerelda with all the evidence you find in her house. Having beat the game before, I thought I'd skip a few steps and just tear down Evelyn's door... but those are some sturdy doors.
You can pickpocket her house key off her and get in that way, which also causes her to leave.

Yeah I thought I tried to whack down the door but I was doing 1 damage and getting no where. I also thought I could tear down the general store's doors easier in the non-enhanced edition. But they were also taking dick for damage. Theres prime paintings to steal in there!
General store opens with a picklock skill of 1. Or you can take the back way in through the caves (good luck).

Tenks

I eventually pilfered it via the caves. I really wanted those paintings.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh btw there's a bug with the book Victoria carries, if you haven't talked to her yet/she still has the book, buy it. After you level she resets her inventory and it's gone forever. It's not a huge deal I think, as it's used to open a chest in Hiberheim but I don't think the chest contains anything particular, just a bunch of randomized loot.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I eventually pilfered it via the caves. I really wanted those paintings.
I was very upset that I couldn't steal the one that hides the button.
biggrin.png

Tenks

I was very upset that I couldn't steal the one that hides the button.
biggrin.png
You and me both. I was like "I'm already in here I don't need to open the door. Give me the 300g."

I don't know what it is about CRPGs that I love sneak/steal/pickpocket so much. My friend hated playing BG2 online with me (shoutouts to GameSpy) because I'd just run around stealing shit and if I'd fail we'd have to reload. Each new town meant 90 minutes of me just running around stealing shit. And then when the black market opened up in BG2. Oh dear lord I was a kid in a candy shop.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I took like 2kg off of the Legion Commander.

That dude has a lot of shit on him.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm surprised Bully wasn't nerfed. Knockdown seems so OP in this game.
They removed the tier1 geomancer spell that used to do aoe knockdowns, so that's a pretty big nerf. That said you can still proc Bully with Slow and Crippled, they removed those from the description but I checked and they still work fine, so not really a problem since you can Slow for 2AP and it has like 1turn cooldown and 3turns duration once you have high enough int, and the warrior can cripple his own stuff since it's damage efficient to just use Cripple on its own anyway.

I'm a bit disapointed in the Tactician stuff, a lot is pretty boring or doesn't make any difference. It started well with additional strong enemies and stuff, but after those initial fights I don't know if they got bored, but it's pretty much the same fights just with one guy with some immunity aura(a lot of them are fire) or some guy throwing grenades that are completely irrelevant past the early game and they aim like shit so half the time they actually grenade themselves and their friends just to hit a summon.

Also they didn't really balance shit. They nerfed the most OP stuff but you still get too powerful too fast, especially if you have a blacksmith. Hell some aspects are even stronger. My warrior is lvl 15 but already has 100+% to all resist if I turn on elemental tortoise stance and the only penalty is movement, which means it's basically nothing as long as I charge into a pack of mobs and they don't run away from me. I don't even have legendary gear or crafted resist gear or anything, it's just normal shit I found, the stance gives 40% by itself which is ridiculous.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I bought this game and returned it fairly quickly. It's been so long since I played a real RPG I think I forgot how in depth they are and just got overwhelmed. A buddy and I are thinking about picking it up as a good co-op game. Any good starting resources so I can grasp the systems (what attributes do, etc) since it's probably been 8 years since I played anything like this?