Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Where are +stat and +skill skillbooks?? The only vendor that has anything that looks like something along those lines is the chick in the Chamber of Secrets.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Right, her. If you run ahead at low levels using Invisibility or Conceal you can collect enough stones to unlock her room while you are still level 3 or 4. Then you just need to put enough cash together each level to buy a set.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I didn't rush to get to her so probably didn't see her until around level 10 (after I started all over), but she has respawned the books every level for me as well.

If you have sold her a ton of shit already, the books will be way down at the bottom, right above the maps. By the way, you can buy the maps, use them, and then resell them to get a lot of your money back too. They are pretty handy, to be honest, as they point out where secret shit is, and I know I would have missed a few if it weren't for the icon on the map telling me there was something there.

velk

Trakanon Raider
disagree. I've converted Madora to a 1h shield user and she blocks a TON of melee damage.
From what I saw through the game, if you are ever in a position where you are taking a ton of melee damage that you can block, you are probably doing it wrong.

Also the timer on whirlwind and flurry is so long that halving their damage would lead to absurdly long fights. Mage cc melee dps seemed much more effective than melee tank/cc and mage dps, for the variety and cooldown of mage cc if no other reason.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It took a bunch of my sucking at the game but I finally got everything firing on all cylinders. Combat stealth + Guerrilla + 7 Tenebrium skill with Haste, Bless, and Oath from the Mage + Slowing a target to set up Bully. I also didn't know you upgraded bows with bow strings or what Tormented Souls did. I'm not even playing the same game I was on my first play through.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Bam, 17th stone! Finding it does nothing and changes nothing.

rrr_img_75783.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Iirc there's a couple more than that that do nothing. There's just more than you need in the world cause some are optional and you need a certain amount to progress the story. Can use them as full heals I guess.

I've bitched and groaned as I've made my way through this game.

Well, I just beat the Void Dragon... and I CANNOT believe I paid $40 for this shit.

Really, thats the end of the game?

Rime

<Donor>
Er... what were you expecting?

I got my $32 (Had a voucher) worth out of it. I clocked in at 64 Hours (Though, actual play-time was probably nearer to 55 due to frequent disruptions of gameplay and losing an hour here or there until I got into the habit of frequent auto-saves again).

I thought the final fight was fun.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'll admit that I too felt like "that's it?" at the end, but if was more like "I wish there was more," since this isn't really the kind of game I play more than once. If you're a fan of classic RPGs at all, this is well worth the $40 a admission fee.

Have they talked about DLC at all or their just letting modders handle it?

It just funny how i purchased Divinity and FF8 on Steam recently.

I have over 70 hours in FF8 and JUST started Disc 4.

I beat divinity in 21 hours... and after double checking a few walkthroughs I didn't really miss much of anything.

FF8 - $5.99 Divinity - $39.99

Western style RPGs are just flat out not very good.

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm

I beat divinity in 21 hours... and after double checking a few walkthroughs I didn't really miss much of anything.

Or you could play Nethack. It costs $0 and will most likely take you longer to complete than all FF games together.

Caliane

wat.

Raign

Golden Squire

Lol. Calling bullshit on this one. Unless you used a net walkthrough the whole way, or played on 'easy' difficulty, in which case, it is your own damn fault.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Lol. Calling bullshit on this one. Unless you used a net walkthrough the whole way, or played on 'easy' difficulty, in which case, it is your own damn fault.
Ya there's absolutely no way you did EVERYTHING in 20 hours. Even if the game was on Easy, you'd have to have skipped all dialogue and just rushed.