Do you know first hand anyone who has been proven to test positive for Covid-19?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Do you know first hand anyone who has been proven to test positive for Covid-19?

• Yes

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 91 60.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
1. The point that you're mathematically illiterate and just a general dipshit that runs his mouth? Yes it does.

2. 200 is not 12,000 or even 1,200 - dont move the goal posts on me. 200 is several dozen beyond the uppermost limit of Dunbar's Number. Its probably possible but your original claim was 12,000 not 200. Your new number (1,200) which I helpfully provided to you, is still off by a factor of 8

3. what are you talking about?

4. oh so now we went from "dealt with" then to "meeting" and now to "seeing" 500 people on a regular basis. If I sit in a lobby of an office highrise all morning every day for a week, how many people did I "see" on a "regular basis"?

Bro, you gotta do better. Take some basic arithmetic courses. Take a basic business course. Learn those fractions finally. Learn what a P&L statement is. Learn how things work.

I understand you have nothing better to do then bait, and I'll just give you this last one because I'm bored af

1) yes I didn't do the very basic math and just slammed some numbers, the numbers have official sources, the math is indeed 10x as favorable to my argument as I made it seem, so thanks, again

2) I see 200 co-workers which I am supposed to greet on a weekly basis, besides them I regularly have meetings with 20+ folks

3) if you deal with 500 people weekly, chances are high (with our numbers) that someone tells you about a death

4) see 2-3, I know you can't imagine this, it must be a very lonely life in your basement

Also that gif is fucking old.

Last edited:

Xerge

<Donor>
I have never posted so much as a picture of my wife, except one of us having a beer at the German bar. My last post was meant as a joke, but it sailed over your head.

Don't worry, us lurkers got it. Anyway the virus is doing a literal take over at a major LTC(Northwood) in Halifax. My mother was in queue to be moved here prior to all of this, glad she wasn't.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
1) a girl I’ve been talking to on Tinder

2) friend of mine from college who currently lives in NEW YORK

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Some fat chick at work had it, who recovered fine, but her dad did not.
Unfortunately that does not help with the eugenics solution.

I am pretty sure being fat by itself is not enough to push it over the top, or I would be dead from when I likely got it in December. I am guessing there is a little truth to every snipped, like most respiratory illnesses. Fat is bad, other lung issues bad, being a soyfag is bad, boozing can help some, stress is bad, random genetics bad, being male and asian is really bad, no doctor checkups bad, ect. I personally only tick off the Fat and Stress boxes, but I am white and drink a lot so probably balances out. O7 and Brahma should probably start boozing it a little more and cutting stress out of their life a bit though. Probably true for a bunch of us catasses who are in IT.

• 1Picard

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My niece had it. I brought this up a few weeks back. She lives about 30 minutes from me in San Diego county. Spent 10 days in the hospital and still is feeling a bit tired. Think she's 27, healthy otherwise. She was on a plane over the Atlantic when it was diverted to Heathrow because Spain shut it's borders. Was stuck in Heathrow for a week trying to get back. Probably picked it up there.

Don't know anyone else that has gotten Covid. I have a sister and niece that are nurses. Both work in hospitals in the covid sections. Neither of them have picked it up.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
of course not, because the whole thing is a play by jews and big pharma to make money

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I do find it interesting that the Chinese Ambassador to Israel got Hillaried less than a week after the whole "being mean to china is antiseminism" spasm happened with that San Antonio hate crime edict. Someone's cue cards must not be in order.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
1) that only contributes to my point, well spotted!

2) yes, I am expected to know at least 200 people by name and greet them
Dunbar disagrees. 150, maybe. 200, they're not people, they're abstract humans.

(the way you have "bob from HR" vs "the HR guys")

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My mother in law had a patient who tested positive. She's a dialysis nurse. My wife(also a RN, but she manages nurses now) has had 3 patients test positive for it; all in assisted living facilities.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
How this thread didn’t get rickshawed after the first 2 pages I’ll never know. I had to change my vote from no to yes because this thread gave me Covid.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Maybe you just don't have a very large social circle.

I knew one person directly and a second one that passed away at age 30 is family of my cleaning lady.

We have over 9000 deaths on a population of 11 million. I've you've dealt with over 12.000 people, you are statistically likely to know at least 1 of the people that died.

12.000 people is not a large number.

The US is still early in the COVID thing I think. Don't worry, the chances of you or someone you care about getting "just a flu" are still pretty solid.

The fuck? 12 thousand people that you know personally is not a large number? I can't even name 12 thousand people that I know of (Trump and other celebs would have to be on my list to even get close), yet you personally know that many. Lets put an end to the bullshit. Since it's "not a large number" I will assume you know way more than 12k. So it will be easy for you to name just a measly 12k people you know personally and list something personal about each person to weed out the "rode an elevator" types. If you don't know their names and something personal, you don't know them personally. Forum bros don't count either unless you at least know their real name or met IRL. Please use spoilers. About 1k people per spoiler would work out nicely.

Some fat chick at work had it, who recovered fine, but her dad did not.

Checks out. Fatties get a + to infection resist. Long known fact.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Two people I know died today from this virus. One is the grandfather of my son's friend, someone I've known for about 10 years, with whom I've shared plants, done gardening with, and had a beer or seven with. They're pretty sure he caught it from one of his grandkids who hasn't been sheltering in place. They're not telling that grandkid, though, because that would be devastating. That little fucker is going to be taking shelter in place a little more seriously now, though.

Other is a woman who has been delivering mail in our neighbourhood for years. No idea where she got it, her family thinks it's happening more in the post office, but no one is talking about it. She was really good people. I'm going to miss her.

This virus sucks.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The fuck? 12 thousand people that you know personally is not a large number? I can't even name 12 thousand people that I know of (Trump and other celebs would have to be on my list to even get close), yet you personally know that many. Lets put an end to the bullshit. Since it's "not a large number" I will assume you know way more than 12k. So it will be easy for you to name just a measly 12k people you know personally and list something personal about each person to weed out the "rode an elevator" types. If you don't know their names and something personal, you don't know them personally. Forum bros don't count either unless you at least know their real name or met IRL. Please use spoilers. About 1k people per spoiler would work out nicely.

Checks out. Fatties get a + to infection resist. Long known fact.

Everyone should check their phone's contact list. Thats how many people you know at UTMOST MAXIMUM, and in reality its probably a small fraction of that. If you got 12,000 contacts in there, I'm impressed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Update for me, the facility I work in conducted testing on every patient, 0 positive cases including the human that did test positive before. HOAX FLU

• 1Dislike

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Your whore of a mother tested positive. (This statement is applicable to every single one of you)

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm

48 years, non smoker, sports dude living far healthier then me, and most likely pretty much everyone on this forum.

News article.

I could diagnose alcohol use disorder elevated liver enzymes and HTN just from the picture. Change my mind.

• 1Like
Status
Not open for further replies.