Do you know first hand anyone who has been proven to test positive for Covid-19?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Do you know first hand anyone who has been proven to test positive for Covid-19?

• Yes

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 91 60.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
So like many people in Southeast Texas in Springtime, I am suffering from what I thought were allergies; woke up last Monday morning gasping for air. Gasping in the time of Corona is not thing to do, so I made my way to the local urgent care after calling first because my PCP is a Practice-managed hellhole these days and they came out to the car and took vitals, etc. I had chills the night before but no fever, that continued to hold true but my o2 was lower than normal (93%) and "my chest was tight" so they sent me on to be tested for COVID. The swab wasn't as bad as the flu swab but was in both nostrils. The test went to a private lab so they could get the results back in a timely fashion; those that went to Quest would take 7-10 days, and mine were going to come back in 2-5 days.

I have been not going out much (Type 1 diabetic, I am high risk in any event) but for the first time really made sure I didn't leave or answer the door, etc. Two days later I get the call, Negative, Upper Respiratory Infection is the diagnosis but they didn't want to prescribe anything for it. Now we have Z-Pack Nazis, because...I don't know, I have never had any issue getting a azithromycin previously now "Most URIs are viral"??? Whatever, doc in the box. I had access to a Z-Pack where I had it filled and then they switched me to another antibiotic so I just started that one, and I feel better today but waking up like that was a huge shock, and for a few days I would have to stop to take a breath while speaking at work. What I probably needed was a breathing treatment but literally there was no interest beyond basic things: You have COVID? No? OK bye.

Last edited:

redbandana

Molten Core Raider
My lifelong best bud's mom had it. She's 73 and works in the office of a travel agent. Her boss (in his 80's!) brought it back from a cruise ship and infected the office. None of them died though, and she thinks she will just retire now. She said it was the worst thing she's ever had in all the years she's been alive and never wants to catch it again.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I know two tigers in NYC who have tested positive.

I'm not just sure, I'm hiv positive.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.