Do You Smell What Black Adam Is Cooking?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
so this black adam is a bad guy? whats the odds of the rock playing a bad guy in a film? and if he is good or bad what are the odds he will be as graphically violent as those above panels?
The Rock went around killing innocent people in Doom. He was a bad guy.

Black Adam flips back and forth between good and bad guy. For a year or two, he was in the JSA, and basically their equivalent of Superman. Then he leaves the JSA to go back to his country. He gathers all of the people in front of the palace, and tells them he's caught a thief. He tells them to watch what happens to thieves in his country. Then he rips the guy in half and throws his pieces at the crowd. BAM, instant heel turn. He's like Doctor Doom, in that he's a monarch and believes he has to make tough choices that aren't popular. Choices he makes aren't necessarily evil, but Machiavellian in nature. Of the pics I posted, probably 70% of those were of him with criminals. He's kind of like what the Punisher would look like if he was from Krypton.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
black adam is a character of convenience, specifically i call his specific type "allegiance characters"

you know who are allegiance characters?

namor has unrelenting allegiance to atlantis
...and just like namor so does aquaman to atlantis
doom has latveria
sinestro and kryygar?(sp)

they will never 100% betray their countries, right or wrong, there is only their allegiance, and this is how at times they are used as the "foil" (sure sometimes they're overthrown, but they scheme and plot to gain back their country)

if you threaten their allegiance they will back your play.

thats how they're usually the "enemy", "i'm only doing this for my [insert country]"

it's always a bad guy (grey good/bad) character, never a good guy.

b/c if it is between the choice of right v. wrong or allegiance, they will choose RIGHT.

stars and strips cap merica went against the US in civil war, he thought it was wrong to oppress(or some shit) individuals
thor went against asgards no inter policies with earth in seige
many side stories of superman going against the US for being, the US

so they're able to make these allegiance characters, in the grey of bad/good guy, basically "tried and true".

Caliane

black adam is a character of convenience, specifically i call his specific type "allegiance characters"

you know who are allegiance characters?

namor has unrelenting allegiance to atlantis
...and just like namor so does aquaman to atlantis
doom has latveria
sinestro and kryygar?(sp)

they will never 100% betray their countries, right or wrong, there is only their allegiance, and this is how at times they are used as the "foil" (sure sometimes they're overthrown, but they scheme and plot to gain back their country)

if you threaten their allegiance they will back your play.

thats how they're usually the "enemy", "i'm only doing this for my [insert country]"

it's always a bad guy (grey good/bad) character, never a good guy.

b/c if it is between the choice of right v. wrong or allegiance, they will choose RIGHT.

stars and strips cap merica went against the US in civil war, he thought it was wrong to oppress(or some shit) individuals
thor went against asgards no inter policies with earth in seige
many side stories of superman going against the US for being, the US

so they're able to make these allegiance characters, in the grey of bad/good guy, basically "tried and true".
US military guys do this pretty often.
Captain Atom notably is very often forced to fight superman when the US Military's goals and the Justice Leagues don't match.
Things like Marvel's Civil war. but as you note, they specifically had Capt on the opposite of the governments side.

More Allied nations rarely get drawn into it. Canada's Alpha flight, Captain Briton or anything. Same with DC's Canadian/British people. You might get a breif, "we are taking him back to Canada" but never a real WW3 type fight.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
US military guys do this pretty often.
Captain Atom notably is very often forced to fight superman when the US Military's goals and the Justice Leagues don't match.
Things like Marvel's Civil war. but as you note, they specifically had Capt on the opposite of the governments side.

More Allied nations rarely get drawn into it. Canada's Alpha flight, Captain Briton or anything. Same with DC's Canadian/British people. You might get a breif, "we are taking him back to Canada" but never a real WW3 type fight.
To be fair, the only reason why you saw WWIII is because Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman were inactive for a year. Superman lost his powers for a year, Batman was training on an island to get mystical Kung Fu and Diana was on a vacation to Themscyira after she killed Maxwell Lord in front of the nation. The writers were saying that without one of them involved, the demi gods run amok unchecked.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know there are other comic superheroes that are just as bad if not worse, but I read the Wikipedia article on this dude's powers and I'm honestly just like, "What the fuck?"

How is a guy that's immortal, basically omniscient, can time travel, blah, blah, etc, at all interesting? It's like the guy who created him was that little kid who gets frustrated and changes all the rules mid-game so that he can't ever lose. It's pretty stupid sounding to me. But then again, I'm not a comic book nerd. I collected them when I was younger, but I never really read them.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know there are other comic superheroes that are just as bad if not worse, but I read the Wikipedia article on this dude's powers and I'm honestly just like, "What the fuck?"

How is a guy that's immortal, basically omniscient, can time travel, blah, blah, etc, at all interesting? It's like the guy who created him was that little kid who gets frustrated and changes all the rules mid-game so that he can't ever lose. It's pretty stupid sounding to me. But then again, I'm not a comic book nerd. I collected them when I was younger, but I never really read them.
A fully prepared Batman has beaten Shazam.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Could someone post the panels of these guys 'tricking' Shazam in to saying his name? The wiki had like three instances of beating him this way abd it makes no sense to me.

Knock, Knock
Who's there?
Shazam
Shazam----poof!

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Could someone post the panels of these guys 'tricking' Shazam in to saying his name? The wiki had like three instances of beating him this way abd it makes no sense to me.
Saying the name of the Wizard "Shazam" transforms normal teenager Billy Bastion into Captian Marvel (who most people call shazam these days) Saying the name while in Cap Marvel form transforms him back to a boy. Teenage boys are often no match for supervillians.

Black Adam back in the day had the same thing, however since he was 4000 years old his mortal form would die so he would never go back to that form. Its been retcon'd a few times and now BA can xfer back and forth.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jesus Christ. It's Billy Batson, not Baston or Bastion. Not a single person has spelled his name right.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
SonoftheBat.png

??? =D

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole

Knock, Knock
Who's there?
Shazam
Shazam----poof!
They used to do all sorts of cheesy stuff with Mr Myxzylpk (sp?), like Superman having him read out loud the newspaper and the incredible headline. Only he'd be reading his name (backwards).

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is the reason he can hold his own against Superman because his powers are magical?
Being able to shoot magical lightning bolts at Superman (who has no resistance to magic) helps. But even before that Captain Marvel/Shazam or Adam are Superman's physical equals, because when they say Shazam, they get the powers of the gods.

S- Wisdom of Solomon
H- Strength of Hercules
A- Stamina of Atlas
Z- Power of Zeus
A- Courage of Achilles
M- Speed of Achilles

S- Stamina of Shu
H- Swiftness of Heru
A- Strength of Amon
Z- Wisdom of Zehuti
A- Power of Aton
M- Courage of Mehen

Black Adam was powerful enough to fight off the Justice League, JSA, Teen Titans, and a few other hero leagues all at once and by himself. Both him and Captain Marvel are insanely powerful. The only reason why they don't get featured as much is because Captain Marvel used to be owned by another comic company, and Superman is DC's boy. Captain Marvel outsold Superman for many years when he was owned by another company.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, DC bought captain marvel in order to sink him. Then decided after the fact that he was popular enough to keep him in the limelight. But again, he will always play second fiddle to superman

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Being able to shoot magical lightning bolts at Superman (who has no resistance to magic) helps. But even before that Captain Marvel/Shazam or Adam are Superman's physical equals, because when they say Shazam, they get the powers of the gods.

S- Wisdom of Solomon
H- Strength of Hercules
A- Stamina of Atlas
Z- Power of Zeus
A- Courage of Achilles
M- Speed of Achilles
Now granted I know nothing about Shazam wouldn't the M stand for Mars?