Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure it'll result in 30 seconds of screaming WOOOOOOoooooOOOOooooOOOOO and clapping from all the nerds.

I've realized I can't see these movies opening night anymore, because of that wooooo shit. Just let me hear the movie dialogue, god damnit!

View attachment 409790

"Oh my God! It's that actor! From something else!"

The worst is when lots of people don't actually know who it is or what they're from, so people keep yapping after the initial "woooo" and it's all like "that's X" "he was in X movie" "which one was that" etc etc etc SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This shit movie had two CGI monster fights in the first ten minutes. Can you name any other marvel movie that had two different stupid CGI monster fights in the first ten minutes?

Movie was garbage, suck a dick, faggot. Forum is full of fucking retards. lol. Go to the COVID thread.

Would be interesting to see modern Marvel woke movie defending vs coofid thread post history.

Blackbeard and I aren't gonna see this, reviewed poorly with trusted sources.

Shame cuz I love Strange and Benedict as him.

Is it really that outlandish a complaint that they're injecting degenerate propaganda into everything that isn't about that?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
It looks like a lot of shit going down in that film... as always of late.
I think making bigger and bigger films that affect the entire universe seems the norm now. It'll be a loud, busy, psychedelic mind-fuck.

But, if we zoom in really close into a tiny, dark, poor, almost useless point in this massive cluster of a multiverse, we'll find the absolute best story and characters the MCU has produced so far. A story that was moving, riveting, terrifying, intelligent and oh so tiny in comparison. But, still the singular best narrative work ever made by Marvel; "Jessica Jones."

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I know nothing about the comics and did not watch Wandavision (although exposed to it through the forum (to the tune of Wanda goes crazy after Vision dies and makes a fake town, or some shit)). The movie explains her motivations fine: dark book bad, all corrupting, and makes recovering crazy lady into a much worse crazy lady who will stop at nothing to have the alternate reality kids.

P.S. The whole dreams are all visions of different multiverses was fucking dumb...
that's good to know, at least. my concern was that people wouldn't know where the kids came from... last time we saw wanda in a movie she was crushing thanos. then skip to this and she's super crazy about being a mother and the lengths she'd go to find her kids... i wondered if you missed the show you'd just be all "uh... what kids...?"

Cybsled

Even if they aren’t the same exact kids as Wandavision, it’s close enough for Wanda. The show basically explains how fucked up Wanda is - she literally creates a reality to cope with her loss and at the end, she is shown delving into the Darkholdt to gain what she lost.

While the show might not be 100% required watching, it will add a lot of context and depth to the plot of the film

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
i never noticed america's pin at all. i don't know what you guys are talking about. being able to find the woke in this movie is basically the same as the saying, "when you're a hammer, all you see are nails." if you are looking to be offended, you'll find something. i wasn't, and i didn't. everything in there that COULD have been woke, could just as easily be explained by, this is how it was in the comics. and while, yes, you can argue that the comics are woke, i'd still rather they stick to the IP as much as possible.

america has gay parents. who cares? i posted something similar in the lightyear thread, but i don't care if there's a gay couple or something in the background, as long as whatever they are doing fits. meaning, her parents are just shown walking together (maybe they were holding hands? that wasn't focused on) while a younger america is playing in front of them. america says "it's my moms," which grammatically is a funny statement, but that's it. that is the extent of any kind of sexual anything in the movie. i'm absolutely fine with that.

In general I used to agree with you, but after 5-8 years of faggots being overrepresented by a factor of 10x in literally everything, I'm kind of tired of seeing any of it at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Vyemm Raider
And why not some effort to fix Vison? She has his body still right?

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Seriously, I just want to reiterate. I would eat Elizabeth Olsen's ass with a rusty spoon.

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
i never noticed america's pin at all. i don't know what you guys are talking about. being able to find the woke in this movie is basically the same as the saying, "when you're a hammer, all you see are nails." if you are looking to be offended, you'll find something. i wasn't, and i didn't. everything in there that COULD have been woke, could just as easily be explained by, this is how it was in the comics. and while, yes, you can argue that the comics are woke, i'd still rather they stick to the IP as much as possible.

america has gay parents. who cares? i posted something similar in the lightyear thread, but i don't care if there's a gay couple or something in the background, as long as whatever they are doing fits. meaning, her parents are just shown walking together (maybe they were holding hands? that wasn't focused on) while a younger america is playing in front of them. america says "it's my moms," which grammatically is a funny statement, but that's it. that is the extent of any kind of sexual anything in the movie. i'm absolutely fine with that.

As I said, I hate FOH dumb-dumbs that cry about wokeness in every thread - crying about one line in Batman is an example, calling The Wire woke is another (although admittedly that was one person who got chased off the forums in response). It definitely felt OTT in this movie

• 2Worf

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
In general I used to agree with you, but after 5-8 years of faggots being overrepresented by a factor of 10x in literally everything, I'm kind of tired of seeing any of it at all.
Outside of a handful of your John Voights, Kevin Sorbos, Clint Eastwoods, and Gina Carranos, the vast majority of your entertainment via media is created by lefties. Artists, musicians, actors, painters.

Said this before in another thread and it rustled the obvious posters: The right has a good grip on rationality and politics, but not creativity and the arts.

In other words, get used to being tired of seeing what you hate if you want to whet your beak into mainstream entertainment. I see it and find it tiresome too, but I've learned to understand that it's not going away and it's pointless for me to reeeeee over it while I'm trying to enjoy a film.

And why not some effort to fix Vison? She has his body still right?
No, White Vision is free and is out there somewhere. He is physical and real and escaped Westview.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Said this before in another thread and it rustled the obvious posters: The right has a good grip on rationality and politics, but not creativity and the arts.

I respectfully disagree with you on this.

That being said, I enjoyed the movie. Like many have said, I would rate it "mid-range" in the MCU as far as plot, spoilers, etc.

It will be interesting to see where this phase heads directionally.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Outside of a handful of your John Voights, Kevin Sorbos, Clint Eastwoods, and Gina Carranos, the vast majority of your entertainment via media is created by lefties. Artists, musicians, actors, painters.

In other words, get used to being tired of seeing what you hate if you want to whet your beak into mainstream entertainment. I see it and find it tiresome too, but I've learned to understand that it's not going away and it's pointless for me to reeeeee over it while I'm trying to enjoy a film.

No, White Vision is free and is out there somewhere. He is physical and real and escaped Westview.
i think we may see White Vision again, the ending of the movie leaves an opportunity to appear and save the day.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
i think we may see White Vision again, the ending of the movie leaves an opportunity to appear and save the day.
I thought that was gonna be the 2nd credits scene, but I did appreciate Raimi giving us a Raimi gag to go out on.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Disagree about stopping using Stewart, he will always be the true Pro. X to me. And there was no reason for Johnny Storm to be there really. There's no bridges burned, Evans has never really been a huge fan of being a big star. He almost turned down the Capt. America's role because of just that. Now he wants to work behind the camera more if I remember right. I agree though, a Storm cameo woulda been fun
Evans kept wanting to quit his role, but they waived larger and larger checks at him. He hated the diet and the fitness routines.

• 2Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Charlie's ending and post-credit overview / speculation.

Demon Hunter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Evans kept wanting to quit his role, but they waived larger and larger checks at him. He hated the diet and the fitness routines.
tenor-7.gif

Fuck that guy. I'd bet he is the typical Hollywood douche who after he gets big thinks he needs to be taken more serious. Evans would have always been remembered as...

tumblr_inline_pdh1igOyJ91qlxh3t_540.jpg

If the original abortion of F4 with its low budget didn't come out and give him a shot. He was perfect as Capt. He should be so lucky to have a franchise thrown in his lap.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
he's been pretty open about why he didn't want to be captain america. they originally set him up with a 9 picture deal but he kept turning them down because of the commitment. remember this is before marvel movies are making a billion dollars a film. he said that either you get tied to a project that does really well and it fundamentally changes everything about your life, or you get tied to a project that does awful and that's a whole other can of worms. he was happy doing smaller budget movies (also remember fantastic 4 didn't do all that well).

i don't blame the guy, honestly. hollywood is full of cautionary tales of people who got too big for their britches and had very public meltdowns

fris

Vyemm Raider
Give marvel a few more lower than expectations movies and they'll multiverse Capt and IM back into the main mcu. If it times right with a few flops by Evans and RDJ, they'll sign

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Scarlet Witch brutally murdering the illuminati was worth the price of admission.

On the whole the movie was good. Only major problem I had was Wong giving up the origin of the Darkhold so easily. That was lame as fuck and ruined his character. Scarlet Witch should have just forcefully taken the info from his head. She got her powers from the mind stone right which also explains how she managed to beat professor X at his own game.

• 1Solidarity